Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

Wow have those plants come a long way. :thedoubletake:

Looking great dusted! Didn’t know great white could be used in hydro. I just applied some an hour ago, lol.
I add a teaspoon of the powder to 500 mL of warm water and agitate to keep the water oxygenated. After 30 min the spores have activated and I apply the liquid to my grow media with a lab wash bottle. Most people try to kill the bugs in their system’s but I encourage them to grow. Except insects of course

I add a teaspoon of the powder to 500 mL of warm water and agitate to keep the water oxygenated. After 30 min the spores have activated and I apply the liquid to my grow media with a lab wash bottle. Most people try to kill the bugs in their system’s but I encourage them to grow. Except insects of course
There’s another grower here that does the same with roots organic tarp tea in there system .Forget who though. Might be stormblessed?

It’s obviously working for you and the way you apply the bugs into the the grow media is pretty slick. Really appreciate learning these little tips because some ill put on some big boy pants and try a plant in hydro.

Flowers are looking good, and congrats on getting the seed order! Too stealthy for their own good. :)

What Shed said, the flowers look great! I guess they thought Alberta was much bigger and starter at the far end of Ontario first. Glad you got the order. :thumb:
Thanks guys.

I went to do my monthly pH pen (Bluelab) calibration and it gives an error doing the pH 4 buffer. Replace the battery and still no go, so do an internet search. Most common is a dehydrated probe. Mine is not but I might as well get some new storage solution for it anyway. $25 for 100 mL of 3% KCl solution! Not going to happen. $12 for a pound of reagent KCl powder is a much better way to go. I can easily make a 3% solution with DI water. Freakin instrument supply companies.

Mine did the same thing in the 4 pH solution but was fine with the 7. I just figured the 4 had gone bad as there was mold on the inside of the lid. I'll have to get some new stuff from amazon.
I make up new buffer each time from the little powder pillows in DI water

I received the KCl powder and made up a 4% solution in DI water. There are some insoluble silicates in the powder so the solution is slightly hazy. After soaking the pH probe overnight in the solution I did the calibration and was successful. At least that problem is solved.

Whilst contemplating the next grow I was thinking of jury rigging a way of warming the germinating seeds to 25 C. Screw it. I bought a germination mat with digital temperature controller. Another problem solved.

I check the trichomes on the big Strawberry Banana daily now. They are starting to go cloudy. About 10 more days for it. The Cream Caramel is still pumping out new pistols and filling in the buds nicely. It could be 3 more weeks until it is ready. Even it has started to show rust spots on the leaves with recommended levels of CalMag. May have to follow Oldsmokey by going past recommended levels.

I received the KCl powder and made up a 4% solution in DI water. There are some insoluble silicates in the powder so the solution is slightly hazy. After soaking the pH probe overnight in the solution I did the calibration and was successful. At least that problem is solved.

Whilst contemplating the next grow I was thinking of jury rigging a way of warming the germinating seeds to 25 C. Screw it. I bought a germination mat with digital temperature controller. Another problem solved.

I check the trichomes on the big Strawberry Banana daily now. They are starting to go cloudy. About 10 more days for it. The Cream Caramel is still pumping out new pistols and filling in the buds nicely. It could be 3 more weeks until it is ready. Even it has started to show rust spots on the leaves with recommended levels of CalMag. May have to follow Oldsmokey by going past recommended levels.
I can't even get close to the manufacturer the recamended dose without having a major rust spot breakout on the one plant the other 2 will follow suit the next day if left unchecked And it happens overnight. I am running 140% of there recamended dosage. The problem starting now is the chem91 doesn't like the extra nitrogen that's in the calmag.

A light bulb under a table will keep the topside warm.
Hey Bob. The light bulb was going to be the jury rigged method. Try and find an incandescent bulb anymore though. Mine all seem to be led now which don’t put out the heat. I do germinate 3-4 times a year so the heat mat will get used

Back
Top Bottom