Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

I received the lux meter. The downstairs room is 38K lux at the edges of the canopy and 45K in the centre. That should be about right I think. I guess I should read up on that.
I post this around here for guidance on lux and the various of stages of growth. It's just a serving suggestion but it's a good place to start:

It is difficult to resist the temptation to germinate some seeds for the upstairs grow room. I have a light, soil, seeds and a light sealed room sitting doing nothing. I won’t finish this grow for several weeks yet, since the Cream Caramel is so far behind. The Strawberry Banana is within a week of harvest, so I can then get the grow media ready for a new crop in the empty pots. I really don’t want to grow full size plants upstairs in soil. The purpose is for clones and mothers and sex changes. Maybe I should buy a tent and have three grow spaces. No. No. No. Don’t go there. Sorry, just yapping.

Oh he’s got the itch!
Maybe try a reveg of something you’ve got going now to satisfy said itch?
I’ve thought about it. It would be monster cropping if successful, but the flowering ladies are pretty far gone.

Come to think of it, there are lots of scraggly shoots at the base of the plants I didn’t clean out. I might as well try to reveg them In my cloning bucket Good practice. Good idea. Thanks DAB.

Day 73 post flip

I'm seeing an equal number of clear and amber trichomes with the majority cloudy so I guess it's time for the big one to come down. The other Strawberry Banana and the White Widow are not ready yet but I may take them down as well just to free up the buckets. The Cream Caramel is showing some nice colours. It threw out a few foxtails but is starting to mature.

I tried looking for some shoots to try cloning but everything is really far gone. Even if a monster clone worked it would be a long time to root and reveg. I guess I better wait and go with the original plan.

Come to think of it, there are lots of scraggly shoots at the base of the plants I didn’t clean out. I might as well try to reveg them In my cloning bucket Good practice. Good idea. Thanks DAB.
I spew out enough ideas, one is bound to be helpful every now and then! :laughtwo:
Good luck with the cloning!

I spent a few hours yesterday and again today taking down the main Strawberry Banana. Since I wet trim each branch before hanging, it takes a while to work my way down the plant. I’m down to popcorn on the lower branches now and cut off each bud for drying on the floor. I also started on SB#2 but something about the odour is a bit off. I will keep it segregated from the other in case it tastes weird. I suspect the White Widow will have the same odour since it was also severely stunted. Then I will be able to get at all of the Cream Caramel to stake it up. It has been falling into the middle and has no support now that I have removed a bunch of branches. It should be good in a week to ten days so my drying rack will be open again. I can’t use my main drying rack since the cat can now jump high enough to pull the cola’s down.

Just finished putting the buds into jars so I can harvest the Cream Caramel, if it’s ready. I cleaned up the roots from two of the pots so they are ready for the next grow. Should be able to germinate in a week or so.

Are you going to continue the next grow in this journal or start a new one?
I will continue using this thread. I just had a number of old journals put into the finished section.

Day 79 post flip

They could go longer but I'm getting impatient for this grow to end. The White Widow is getting a bit of frost to it but nothing great. I'm not sure how much of it I will keep. The Cream Caramel is showing what I now believe to be a P deficiency. Purple border on the leaves and red petioles. I guess the low P nutrients combined with my removal of phosphoric acid to neutralize the tap water is too little. Back to adding .5-1 mL of 75% H3PO4 daily it is then.

Back
Top Bottom