Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

A very merry Christmas to you and your family Dusted! Stay safe and have a joyous day.
Thanks Shed. To you and your’s as well.

It was a long day harvesting and trimming the Cream Caramel and White Widow. The CC had garlic hints whilst trimming and the WW a strong skunk odour. I ended up keeping more of the WW than I thought I would. Most of the buds were quite large and very dense. It won’t be top shelf but it should be worth consuming.

i also removed the root balls and root mass from the bottom of the media containers and drainage buckets. I drained the system and got as many of the solids out as I could. It will require another flush to get it semi-clean before I treat the system with a pail of water that has had mosquito dunks in it for a few days. (Thanks Shed) I need to kill off the damn fungus flies now that the roots are mostly gone and the rocks are disturbed. The system will then be put back into service with pH 7.5 tap water inoculated with Great White and the GH myco spores and more mosquito dunk water. The higher pH will allow the fungus to to grow better than at pH 5.8 which the system runs at during the grow cycle. The chiller is also off, to allow a slightly higher temperature, as things rot.

Merry Christmas Dusted! And congrats on the holiday harvest!
Thanks DAB.

Merry Christmas dusted and congrats on your harvest! :high-five:
Many thanks.

Merry Christmas Dusted! Best wishes to you and the rest of the Dusters over the holidays!
Merry Ho Ho Mr S and thank you.

I was able to get to the light hangers on the ceiling now that there are no plants and the room is clean again. With three lights each having four ratchet hangers it was a nightmare trying to move them up and down. I figured out how to eliminate half of the hangers and gain a few inches of headspace. Much easier now.

I was bored last night and was looking at some of the sponsors stuff. On the spur of the moment I ordered some cheap led‘s. I woke up this morning regretting my decision, knowing the quality wouldn’t be close to the @Budget LED lights I am using in the flower room. Thankfully @WWEGrow doesn’t ship to Canada and cancelled the order. I just have to wait until Budget does one of their bonus discount deals before ordering a Series 3 full spec 250 W for the clone/mother/breeding room.

The hydroponic system has been flushed, repositioned under the lights, and treated with the mosquito dunk water. I also added some hydrated spores to the grow media and a bit of molasses to the reservoir to feed the bugs. The system will circulate for the next few days in the dark while new seeds germinate.

I won’t start germinating until tomorrow morning so I can check the seeds after 3 days and then hopefully have that day to get the seedlings settled. I plan on using some of the @DYNOMYCO fungi on the germinated seedlings in the wet paper towel for a few hours just before putting them into the rocks. I will also add more into the planting hole to make sure of infection. I think I have decided on Do-Si-Dos for the next grow unless something else jumps out at me while looking at the seeds.

I need to keep the roots out of the drain line or it can plug, which is a real pain particularly if the plants are full grown. I was just on the evil website looking at xxl nylons which I was thinking of pulling over the the bottom of the grow pots to hold the roots. They want $20 a pair so I need 3 pair. Comments? Suggestions?

Merry Christmas Dusted, I hope you and yours are healthy and happy.
Smile and stay stoneder

I’m sure I missed it but how’s the 2nd grow area coming along dusted?
Its all ready for clones coming in a month or so. I think I have everything done. Even have a light hung, but want a new one before then

Merry Christmas Dusted, I hope you and yours are healthy and happy.
Smile and stay stoneder
Thank you. Merry Christmas

Its all ready for clones coming in a month or so. I think I have everything done. Even have a light hung, but want a new one before then
You have been busy! Looking forward to seeing the changes when you’re finished.

I’m on Budgets site right now with a few goodies in the cart. They have a 12% off sale going now. Because of the sale the 420mag discount code will not work though.

I need to keep the roots out of the drain line or it can plug, which is a real pain particularly if the plants are full grown
You could try some cheesecloth, as long as you have it secured so it doesn't get sucked in, or you can try mounting a hand strainer in front of the pipe. Just thinking out loud. Maybe something will give you an :idea: .
1608995589537.png

Back
Top Bottom