Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

Day 60 post flip

I'm starting to see some colour on the plants. I didn't think these were supposed to be purplish but that's OK. I'm getting to 19 C nighttime and 25 C daytime temperatures. RH about 50%. The odour reminds me of rotten fruit when I walk into the house from outside.

I am ripped at the moment. I did a teaspoon of my edibles again today which I normally don’t do. My 2:1 THC:CBD blend is potent.

I think I will have to start up my second grow room again. It’s too boring with only four plants. As someone said on the Canadian thread, “I grew more than four plants at a time before it was legalized, so why would I grow less now?” I ordered some FFHF soil, GA, and a lux meter. Its too much of a pain to get my small hydroponic system up and running again so I guess I will try to grow some clones in soil for a diversion. I may then attempt to reverse the best clone I see in the flower room with GA. All the talk of other people cloning and doing sex change gets me curious about making seeds. I have my own ideas about how to go about it but will have read some more first. I am a bit concerned about fertilizing my flower room with stray pollen though.

I have a bank of six f40 tubes that I used for years in a closet. Too weak. I have a 600 and a 1000 W hid fixture. Too hot. LED’s sure are nice. Budget now has a full spectrum version with some blue diodes added. What’s another $500 to a big operation like this? Oh wait, it’s not. We shall see. I will probably cave the next time Budget does the 420mag extra bonus thing again.

Another grow room is always a good idea! :thumb:
may then attempt to reverse the best clone I see in the flower room with GA. All the talk of other people cloning and doing sex change gets me curious about making seeds.
So far we're not seeing tons of luck with GA3, but a number of us are using different dilutions to see if we can get the magic to happen. CS or STS seem to be the ticket for reversals for most plants, but some seem resistant to the silver-based methods, so GA3 is one more way to give it a shot.

Another grow room is always a good idea! :thumb:

So far we're not seeing tons of luck with GA3, but a number of us are using different dilutions to see if we can get the magic to happen. CS or STS seem to be the ticket for reversals for most plants, but some seem resistant to the silver-based methods, so GA3 is one more way to give it a shot.
I have been watching the various attempts with GA and each experiment adds to the information base. It should work so I hope to give it a try and succeed.

Day 67 post flip

I remove as many of the fan leaves from Strawberry Banana #1 as I could since it is getting close to the end. Depending on the trichomes it could be any day now. The Strawberry Banana #2 and the White Widow are hardly going to be worth my time to chop and trim. We shall see how it goes. I may get my macro lens out later today for some close ups.

I tried a bunch of different aperture setting on the 150mm f2.8 macro lens, to get a look at the trichomes. I usually just use my 10x magnifying glass to check for colour. Normally when I take macro shots I close down the aperture as much as it will go to get better depth of field. The end result wasn't as crisp I have now found with f5-6 instead of f20. On my large computer monitor I can blow up the pictures and clearly see the trichomes in the sections in focus. There are some amber showing but mostly cloudy to clear.

@Bob Loblaw you have been watching my thread religiously so I thought I would visit your grow. I can’t seem to find a current one. What’s happening in your grow room?

Pretty shots regardless of aperture!

I thought macro lenses were shorter than 150mm.
I bought it because I knew that I needed distance from the lens. You are correct that most have a shorter focal distance than the 150 mm. It is a large lens and quite heavy so a tripod is a must

Thats strawberry banana is going to be so colorful after the cure amazing frost ,,,,do I smell a future nug of the month
I gave up on the contests. Sucking up for votes is not my idea of winning anything but a popularity contest.

I'm looking forward to the taste of the Strawberry Banana. They are turning pretty colors though

@Bob Loblaw you have been watching my thread religiously so I thought I would visit your grow. I can’t seem to find a current one. What’s happening in your grow room?
Nice of you to ask. I'm into harvest now, got a nice crop but made a major mistake and it seeded out. No big deal I smoke it all myself or give it to friends but it sure makes for a PIA to roll a few up.

I don't have a journal because I don't have pictures to share.I have an old camera I got from my neighbor but I can't find a cord for it. I've an old printer with a card reader and brand new full ink cartridges but it wouldn't let me read the card because the ink is expired? I haven't found a solution to this problem.

I like your setup my first one was similar and yours is a no nonsense thread which makes it a pleasure to follow.

I set up the upstairs grow room this week. I used cardboard to light seal the window. The original plan was to hang some old carpet, but it is too heavy and cumbersome. I still have the single waterbed liner to use as a containment area. At least this time I won't have to deal with 40 litres of fluids. I figured I might as well hang the 600 W hid fixture until I decide if I'm getting another Budget board. Still haven't received the 54 L bag of soil but it should be here today or tomorrow. All I need now is something to grow.

I received the lux meter. The downstairs room is 38K lux at the edges of the canopy and 45K in the centre. That should be about right I think. I guess I should read up on that.

A quick shot of the new room.

And what is that something your going to grow
Once this grow is harvested I will attempt cloning the next plants. Then maybe try sex reversal and seed generation

Back
Top Bottom