Nutrients
IMG-20130427-00229.jpg

ph up and down
IMG-20130427-00236.jpg

My topping off rig
IMG-20130427-00231.jpg

R/O Tank
IMG-20130427-00228.jpg

I am scrambling right now. It may have been way to early to transplant to the larger buckets. We will see how they come out in a few days.
Here are some photos fro earlier this week end.

0041140.jpg

0051093.jpg

0041140.jpg

006947.jpg

007896.jpg

You can see the serious droop that it is still with it after 24hrs. I did see some burn on the leaves today as well.

Something also really screwed up the PH after the transplant. When I pulled out the water and tested it hit a 4.6. Way to low I've been keeping the seedling at optimal root growth ph of 5.6-5.8 when making all solutions.

Initially I had filled the buckets ahead of time with a week 1 base veg solution and brought it down to below 200ppm with Cal-mag and Mag sulfate plus Bio Root added.

So I cleaned out the buckets from lots of residual dust from the clay pellets and changed out the water to straight R/O water. I'll check the PH again later this evening and take a few photos.:popcorn:

Hey JB, I don't think to transplanted them too early. Look at my journal I basically went straight into my veg bucket as soon as i saw the root through the rockwool. They look healthy!

Hey JB, I don't think to transplanted them too early. Look at my journal I basically went straight into my veg bucket as soon as i saw the root through the rockwool. They look healthy!

No they deteriorated real fast, those pictures were from the day before.

It took me 48 more hrs to understand what went wrong. After trying to flush it with straight r/o 3 or so times and coming back to the same low 4's ph after a few hours it dawned on me. I had rinsed the dust off and literally soaked the clay pellets in the non PH 'ed R/O waste water. Yeah how dumb is that? Too many:bigtoke: got me trying to feel "GREEN" about wasting the waste water and wanted to put it to use.

Double my trouble with the Hanna pen that was not holding calibration properly and was literally drifting continually down and would never settle at a reading even after the wait indicator stopped. I burned the ever living crap out of them and am embarrassed to even post them but will for "Learning purposes" for other observers.

The went back into the aerogarden for rehab and when compared to the other seedlings it makes a great "show and tell". While doing even this I have created even some more learning experiences to share!

It is hard to do really anything at this point until the replacement ph pen arrives as my tap water ph's at a 7.7 to start and I am not filling up the little air pockets in the clay pellets with anything other than middle ph water. I have created a separate infirmary bucket to try and save the seedlings.

I did mange to top my Blue OG already...I've been bending the leaves down evrey few hours when I am around and exposed it enough that it made it really easy. Wiggle wiggle and it snapped out. Th GBP is not quite big enough to get at it yet but will be by mid day tomorrow. The should be getting nutrients already but with the rescue plants in there I cant risk it yet until I can replace water.

So I got new meter in and went to work on the "Save" from the nutrient burn and mean while moved the Blue OG and Grand Daddy Purple as the Primary Flower plants.

I made an infirmary bucket and ran straight R/O water. Despite creating a nitrogen deficiency the week served it well with long roots growth for both. They were transplanted back into DWC 5 gallons.:high-five:

A lot happened in 13 days! :cough: I am finding that not checking your ph every 12 hrs at min can get you into a problem real quick! The great thing though about hydro is that the recovery comes about just as quickly....after you catch it:morenutes:

One of my nutrients added in the previous week was causing the ph to dive and I ended up with some nute burn. Flushed with water and some Hydrogen Peroxide, went to straight r/o water for next 24 hrs and back to light nutes. 72 hrs and back looking healthy.

I was intending to flip to flower today but because of last weeks ph burn, I was not able to take clones from Blue OG and the GDP to use as mothers or a Father if the GDP turns out male.

LETS GO TO THE PICTURES!:yummy:

IMG-20130520-00290.jpg

IMG-20130527-00293.jpg

IMG-20130527-00294.jpg

IMG-20130527-00295.jpg

IMG-20130527-00301.jpg

IMG-20130527-00302.jpg

I am well into flower now and had one big surprise. Seems at one point had mislabeled my Blue OG and Original Grand Daddy Purple in the germination process. So when I "sexed" the plant it was of course a female which is what you would expect out of a feminized seed and not the regular seed. Only problem was I was starring at the Blue OG not GDP now known as "The regulator" :thedoubletake:

dump_june_002.jpg

Oh crap big setback since the GDP was the largest plant in flower and in a 50 L bath...BUT alas the GDP qualities makes it great breeding stock RIGHT?....after all You don't become a Grand Daddy Stud Muffin by being a bitch....I've collected some pollen from the nut sacks.... :cheer:

I do have to apologize for being infrequent in my updates on this project as travel time to the patients grow and endless other commitments and responsibilities cut into Journal time....updating on here is no where near the priority scale. I will do my best as time allows...lets play a little catch up....have a seat Joe pass the :blunt:

As you can see a two pictures up, I had transplanted the GDP and BOG on June 1 into those large containers, which hold aprox 50 liters of wet stuff and started the 12/12 flip. All 4 plants were put into the cycle with Pineapple Chunk and White Rhino staying in 5 gal buckets until GDP was culled from the room and PC took his spot.

dump_june_0011.jpg

Pineapple Chunk is in the foreground, Blue OG is in the rear and the struggling White Rhino is stage right or on your left.
dump_june_004.jpg

Blue OG Flower
dump_june_0031.jpg

Pineapple Chunk showing it's flowering pineapple top.

Well I am at week 8 in the process and have begun to Flush Blue OG and Pineapple Chunk. The gallery has lots of pictures from the in between. I kept the nutrient level below 600ppm and near 6.0 for most of the flower until I got to week 6.5-7 and have pushed the ppm up to 1300 while using GH Kool Bloom (dry). :Namaste:

day_50_009.jpg

day_50_007.jpg

day_50_006.jpg

day_50_003.jpg

day_50_005.jpg

the leaves curled down on your sugar leafs is a sign of over feeding of nitrogen, in the future reduce your nitrogen if you see that happening.

Thanks John!

A question:

The final flowers were not very dense or tight. My theory was that the 90 plus degree weather kept the room in the mid 80's and in order to stay cool and increase the chances of pollination they remained more open. Yet they were pollinated by me and by accident, so this also makes me wonder what changes this would cause in the flower structure.

Does this just happen sometimes? What would prevent and assure tight dense flowers?

i believe 2 factors affected your grow to reduce yield and bud structure.
1) excessive nitrogen levels retard bud growth and swelling
2) pollination stops the cannabis plants from focusing on bud development and THC production

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Well I am at week 8 in the process and have begun to Flush Blue OG and Pineapple Chunk. The gallery has lots of pictures from the in between. I kept the nutrient level below 600ppm and near 6.0 for most of the flower until I got to week 6.5-7 and have pushed the ppm up to 1300 while using GH Kool Bloom (dry). :Namaste:

day_50_009.jpg

day_50_007.jpg

day_50_006.jpg

day_50_003.jpg

day_50_005.jpg

Did the top couple plants have unstable light? They look like they started to veg again. The green leaves that are coming from your tops?

Back
Top Bottom