DWC root mass issue

Heck of a root ball there :ganjamon:
Thanks! She’s as much a monster above the pot as she is below it.

I see you’re rocking the Mars Hydro light, did you get in on the giveaway Smoke Sara is doing right now? Anyone can enter, just submit a photo, add the tags she has in the second post of the thread, and it’s a random drawing so no need for outrageous plant photos. Only catch is you have to do a featured grow journal for them if you win.

I also concur on the healthy looking root ball you have there, you might be too good at this! Your plant has a very healthy green to it as well. The problems you are having are definitely the good kind to have because you’re killing it with the grow.

Yeah i saw something about that today reading around. Sounds like a fair trade for a free light. I love mine!
Thank you for the kind words! This is my second mj dwc attempt but i’ve grown a few other dwc plants between the stinky ladies.

One last shot with the bucket for reference.
F755BB29-BEF6-49BC-83AC-B49AB828E981.jpeg

I think i’ve decided on the bucket tote combo. There’s a craftsman 10 gallon tots that seems like a perfect fit. Here are some pics as promised
F71BD93C-C670-4590-9A68-4595B9748B56.jpeg
C33BF776-AE6A-4308-A169-AF7AE41DCCA1.jpeg
34EF2A4D-1511-4DAF-87B1-8A5C7EF5F76D.jpeg
OMG, how tall is your tent ? You may be in trouble anyway you look at it from the size of that girl. She's going to be massive by the end of flower. I'd hang my clothes in the tent & move the plant to the closet to get some room ... lol. That would make your res. situation a little easier to deal with also.

OMG, how tall is your tent ? You may be in trouble anyway you look at it from the size of that girl. She's going to be massive by the end of flower. I'd hang my clothes in the tent & move the plant to the closet to get some room ... lol. That would make your res. situation a little easier to deal with also.

If that were an option i would consider it. But this tent is actually bigger than all of the closets we have. The tent is 6’ tall on the nose so i have about 2 feet before the light hits the filter and the plant hits the light. So we’re just hoping for the best.

Root size directly influences foliage size

I absolutely agree.

look into a storage tote or Rubbermaid container. I use the 27 gallon ones from the Home Depot

No doubt. When I was doing eight square foot (per plant) SCROG canopies, I always used 20- to 25-gallon totes. They'd transpire more than five gallons of water in 24 hours.

No doubt. When I was doing eight square foot (per plant) SCROG canopies, I always used 20- to 25-gallon totes. They'd transpire more than five gallons of water in 24 hours.

Going tote shopping this evening after work so i'll report back with what we end up getting. I always do my res checks/ top off as soon as the lights turn on in the evening and top off again in the morning before they turn off.

If that were an option i would consider it. But this tent is actually bigger than all of the closets we have. The tent is 6’ tall on the nose so i have about 2 feet before the light hits the filter and the plant hits the light. So we’re just hoping for the best.

I absolutely agree.
If it comes down to it you could put the filter on the floor in the corner of the tent so you can raise your light higher. Only option I can think of.

If it comes down to it you could put the filter on the floor in the corner of the tent so you can raise your light higher. Only option I can think of.

This is an option i did not think of. Thanks! :thumb: I would just be concerned about losing my hot air vent up top.

Going tote shopping this evening after work so i'll report back with what we end up getting. I always do my res checks/ top off as soon as the lights turn on in the evening and top off again in the morning before they turn off.
Just do what I forgot to do first, water test them before cutting holes! :rofl: Never again, I promise.

FYI my HD has the 27 gallon ones on sale again for just over $8, normally around $10.

Just do what I forgot to do first, water test them before cutting holes! :rofl: Never again, I promise.

FYI my HD has the 27 gallon ones on sale again for just over $8, normally around $10.

Ouch! i'm sure that was a hard lesson learned. We don't plan on doing any recirculating features so there will be no holes below the water line thankfully. just a couple in the side for air lines. Planning on building 2 totes to have one as a back up for res changes. When it comes time for a res change i can set up the spare tote and then just swap the big girl over. Then we can clean and sanitize it for the next res change.

Thanks for the heads up about HD. I'm always looking for an excuse to wander the lumber isles anyways

More aeration! If you think you've got plenty, chuck a mouse in there and hold it under for a half hour, lol - if it then climbs out and scampers away, you're correct ;).

I recommend you add an aquarium power head. Cheap ones can be had for around $23 at ChinaMart.

That is just my cheap back up pump. The one i use in the tent is much stronger than that one. It’s just sealed up in a box with foam and a fan keeping the vibrations down and the pump cool.
Is a powerhead the same as a circulation pump? Been considering an o2 emitter but they are not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom