EC meter readings Please Help!

mmmbud

this is a glass of water out a bottle so I put my meter in and this is wot it said 303 ??some ppl say ppm and ec wot does this all mean?:) I don't get it wot is it ment to be for 2wk old seeds and cuttings about 3 wks old plz help
14ujmdt.jpg

If you divide that sample of water into 1 million parts, 303 of those part will be solids that are dissolved into the water.
PPM-parts per million. 303 is high for bottled water. Has it had something added?

Is it an ec pen or tds/ppm. As said above ppm is parts per million tds is total dissolved solids. These tell u how many parts out of a million are comprised of dissolved solids (salts /nutrients) where as ec test the electroconductivity of a water. Xlr8 is the Guy to talk to about converting one to another.

Again as said above... 300 from bottled water makes me think either they need to be shut down for a filter upgrade or ur pen is off.

If you divide that sample of water into 1 million parts, 303 of those part will be solids that are dissolved into the water.
PPM-parts per million. 303 is high for bottled water. Has it had something added?

this was a bottle of water from my local shop pal nothing added I got the EC meter from amazon this is the link if it helps
Hydroponics Aquarium EC Conductivity Tester Meter µS/cm | eBay

and thanks for the answers ppl as you can see im new to this lol :)

Ok, my Hanna has that option but I never used that scale, just ppm. A quick search came up with 1000 uS/cm is about 650 ppm.
Still seems high for bottled water unless it's had flavor or minerals added.

lol thanks taylor just been looking on a site and found a chart think im gonna follow that and ask my mate if I can borrow his to compare it hes got a blue lab :)

lol your gonna like this or not it says its 10.4 ec mine does that and but on a 100 and x10 so that would be a ec of 1.4 this is the chart
Convert EC or PPM measurements from Growco Indoor Garden Supply copy and paste it :)

"this was a bottle of water from my local shop pal nothing added"

Well if you are sure it's pure water then the meter must be faulty. The reading should be near zero on all scales.

I found a chart and it says is about .4ec the 303 is ppm so when converted its about .4 lol don't really get it!! all I know is if the ec is rite the lil huns grow better lol :)

Back
Top Bottom