Elusivebutterfly

ELUSBUTTERFLY

Hello People,
I am new, a concern Mom, and one who will try something new to help my disabled son cope with his disabilities. He is an adult now, but I won't throw him out in this world of confusion he doesn't have tools that most of us have to surrive. Being on Ritalin since he was 7 years old has made me very aware of the limited options my son has. I worked a short time for UC University and they did studies on marijuana use for his disabilities and found them successful. My question was "But it is illegal"! We tried so many drugs, and none has worked well. Marijuana seems to be working for him at the present time. He is eating alot though! He says I have been using it for a long time Mom you haven't known. He says I find it better than the drugs I am taking. He says I don't like going to people who sell it on the streets. I agree, It's dangerous and who knows where it came from. Plus others things could stem from that contact that wouldn't be good. I hope this works, I feel better with the process, I just hope he can cope better. Thank you for the opportunity to try something else, and natural......... A Concerned Mom..

ELUSBUTTERFLY :welcome: I think any good mother would want to give the very best they can to help your children. Legal or Illegal, You are a GREAT mother here asking Questions doing research. I see you are in Cali have you tried Medical Marijuana route? or is he under 18? So I get the feeling you may like to learn to grow. Correct? If so please start asking questions and continue to read. 420 is the best place for this. Super nice members everywhere you turn all willing to hold your hand teaching you as you go. Please keep us close, we would love to help you either learn to grow or get the Information you need. Looking forward to hearing more. Best Regards to YOU a wonderful mother, and your son.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

You have come the right place;)

As you look through our site be sure to check out the Medical mj forums.
Your state will be there and usually all the info you need to know the requirements to grow mmj.

Glad you've joined us. :peace:

Welcome Elusivebutterfly

I was forced to become a single father when the boys mother left us in '91. J was nine and R was seven. R was finally diagnosed as ADHD and the Ritalin messed him up even more. I never hid my mj usage from my boys and at twelve R started hootin' with the old man. Mellow he became but my move to northern provinces didn't suit him or J so they went back to the Fraser Valley.

R has been messed up bad with meth and crack and I bleed every day but I can't control the 25yo man he has become.

I found as I went through the process that I was an ADHD child as well. Back in the 50s and 60s I was just an incorrigible child and subject to corporal punishment encouraged by my father. In grade five I was sentenced to a morning strapping for 30 days. I would stop by the principals office before going to home room so that I could take three strokes of the belt across each hand. To this day I will get beat down saying F**K You until I'm unconscious.

If it wasn't for MJ I'm sure I would have killed some sorry bastard that really needed killin' by now.

At 55 I have developed a much healthier attitude toward those that attempt to mess with my karma.

My life is still a mess what with depression, arthritis and insomnia but MJ is my God and I bow to her and her blessings.

May she bless you and your son as well.

:peace:

I am not a mom but I admire your courage to step out into something new. Overcoming fear is an adventure in itself. Welcome aboard!

Thank you all for your welcome. I am not a user, my family member is over 18 years. Oh, before I forget, he has had a restful sleep the past couple of day! Yea!!! He has trouble getting the rim sleep that he so needs. Even with the Ambien that the doctors have prescribed. It's not the same, more of a drugy sleep. That's all they can do for him. I am not really interested in growing, I just hope my family member can get the weed that he needs, instead of going to a stranger, who doesn't know where it came from, and only there to make a profit. I don't use. But I am from the 70's and know what is what. In those days, the cry was, "One day, weed will be legal for medicinal purposes, one day"!! I can't believe it is almost here! It was a long time coming. I do hope my family member can get what he needs. And I will teach him the responsibility that comes with it. Thanks again. Oh, before I forget, I met people at the grocery stores and stores getting signatures for the legalization of marijuana. So Hoorah, they are out here trying to get signatures! We are so behind the times out here. Yes, I do have alot of questions, and I am reading all I can. I know the pros and cons for this product. Actually, it's been around a long time, before you and I were even in our Dad's twinkling eyes. Many Indian tribes have had it for centuries for spiritual purposes. Anyway, you have a Medicinal Mom here cheering you on!!! I will try to do my part too, legally. I have been the whole nine yards and some!! I have seen and experience a life time of good and bad. Be strong and persist on!! You have come a long way baby!!!

Hello People,
I am new, a concern Mom, and one who will try something new to help my disabled son cope with his disabilities. He is an adult now, but I won't throw him out in this world of confusion he doesn't have tools that most of us have to surrive. Being on Ritalin since he was 7 years old has made me very aware of the limited options my son has. I worked a short time for UC University and they did studies on marijuana use for his disabilities and found them successful. My question was "But it is illegal"! We tried so many drugs, and none has worked well. Marijuana seems to be working for him at the present time. He is eating alot though! He says I have been using it for a long time Mom you haven't known. He says I find it better than the drugs I am taking. He says I don't like going to people who sell it on the streets. I agree, It's dangerous and who knows where it came from. Plus others things could stem from that contact that wouldn't be good. I hope this works, I feel better with the process, I just hope he can cope better. Thank you for the opportunity to try something else, and natural......... A Concerned Mom..

Elusivebutterfly,

God Bless you and your family. I am a single father raising 4 kids on my own one with high functioning Autism who is truly struggling. I am a new MMJ Pt and will think long and hard about this post. I do not find any fault or assign any blame to anyone using MMJ at whatever age. I would caution you/him/family member that you can get arrested for just possession or buying it whenever as the police/feds are ruthless and without scruples as to who they imprison and for what.
I would suggest a Dr for him but live across the country. Do try to get this and a declaration from the Doc that will allow you all to assist legally. If you decide to grow it is inexpensive or very costly as this will be up to you. I would grow 1-2 Plants in a closet and then you will truly "know" what is in it, and could better regulate usage / titration as needed. A plant you grow and cure will be far better and less expensive than spending $10-$20 per day or week.
Whatever you decide I will be rooting for you and praying for us all.

Back
Top Bottom