Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious - LED Grow - 2010

Re: Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious, LED Grow - 2010

Heading into week 7 for Bel and week 5 for S-1, 2 & 3.

Adjusted the lighting yesterday, the plants are growing quicker and I needed to make it easier to adjust the CFLs.

In hindsight, i do think that even the CREE LEDs I am using, didn't do the trick in regards to providing enough blue spectrum for growth. The seedlings weren't stretching, but just showed very slow growth. Since adding in the CFL (184W), they really kicked into high gear.

Bel (6.5 weeks) down for some LST
2010-08-26_18-42-16_14.jpg

This front one is bushing out, may not need any LST'ing
2010-08-26_18-43-09_928.jpg

Now they're getting fun to watch!

Looking great! Little burn on that other one still?

Thanks Sanibel!

Yeah, thankfully with minimal flushing, it never really progressed beyond the edges of that larger set of leaves and a few leaf tips. I now use "restraint" in feeding them. All other growth since looking good. I LST'd her last night and within 3 hours, the top was growing skyward again.

They look really nice, i dont know anything about soil growing but LEDS work great with cfls supporting there weaknesses

Hey Conquering Lion, thanks for stopping by!

I can't wait either! :;):

Yeah 1 tsp of Grow Big is good! It's what I gave the rest of the plants, but Bel being two weeks older, I thought (that was my problem right there) it could use a bit more nutes and went with 10ml.

I checked out your grows, AWESOME!!! Where did you come by the Lavender???

Live, learn, and hopefully not kill anything else off.

Thanks endive! I got my Lavender from bcseeds...I wouldn't recommend buying through them though. I know you can get them from through Attitude seeds, a much better company in my view.
:hookah:

Hey all!

Thanks for stopping by 619ster!

Well here it is at almost 8 weeks for Bel, and 6 weeks for the others.

Recap:
Killed my first 5 of 6 sprouts within 2 weeks (overwatered then fried them), germinated the remaining 4, 3 of which sprouted (S-1, 2 & 3). Despite my best effort to challenge the survival of the remaining bunch, they have begun to hit a nice growth spurt.

Left: S-1, S-2, Right Bel, S-3

4x2pheno.jpg

All four have begun showing signs of gender. Bel and S-3 are sporting lil' pistils(WooHoo!), while S-1 and S-2 have little growths at the arm-pit of the fan leaf and stalk, too early to tell, but they are looking a little masculine.
S-2pheno-balls.jpg

At least I'll be able to make some seeds...

Two distinct Phenotypes
It should noted that there are two distinct phenotypes in the group.

Bel & S-3 are matching phenotypes - More delicate leaves (sativa like but definite indica traits), lighter in color, looser node spacing allowing for LST, and a sweet fruit-like scent.

S-1 and S-2 are the other pheno. Dense and dark green. The leaves are rough, heavy serrations, tight node spacing. LST is not feasible on these at this time. (13mm max). Skunky aroma.
2pheno.jpg

Left: S-2, Right: Bel

S-3 responding nicely to a little LST.
S3pheno.jpg

Endive!

Looking good so far brotha! Sorry to hear about the early casualties, but it looks like you've gotten the new ones dialed in.

When will you be switching to 12/12?

The current plan is to go dark (for 36hrs) @ 7:00pm on the 9th then back on at 7:00am on the 11th beginning the 12/12/cycle.

Yee Hawww!!!!!!!

Last week, or so of 18/6 and these plants are already pungent. My GF surprised me and picked up a fan & carbon filter. Installed it and after roughly 20 minutes after installing it, I was absolutely amazed at how well it worked, the entire room was cleared, you could smell nothing!

2010-09-04_13-10-38_627.jpg

Second to last day of 18/6...

2010-09-08_07-41-00_685.jpg

About 8 weeks old, two just over and two just under 25cm tall, but nodes and branching are very dense, especially in S-1 & 2. Bel and S-3 are actually taller but have been LST'd and are taking well to it. 93% certain S-2 is the only male, as the other 3 have shown tiny pistils where S-2 only has nubs.

I'd like to veg a bit longer, but I fear if I dont switch to 12/12, I'll quickly be out of room.

Mental note: When adding a new carbon filter, take and run the fan and filter outside for a few minutes, as I just discovered that everything in the closet (outside of the tent, shirts, ties, slacks...) is dusted in a fine coating of carbon. Well at least my suits have no odor! :)

Girl Parts!

S-2 is go!
2010-09-09_12-33-06_43.jpg

Bel, S-2 & S-3 all girls. Will be going 36hrs dark starting tonight, then into 12/12 Saturday morning! Here we go...

So long S-1 (the lone male), we hardly knew you. I was hoping to keep the male long enough to get some pollen and store it till near harvest of the girls, then pollenate the remaining popcorn buds to reap some seed stock. Unfortunately, S-1 is nowhere near ready to drop any pollen and I have nowhere else to move him. With the others already sporting white hairs, I can't chance leaving it.

It is what it is. Good time to learn how to clone!

Thanks for droppin' by Twinmax!

Those Short Riders of your's look amazing! How tall is that one in the bucket?

I wish I'd have started with autos. I have some on queue for the next grow, but for now I just hope to get through this first one successfully.

The ladies are now in the midst of a 36hr block of dark, then lights on 12/12 in the morning. I've really missed visiting them today...

Well, I honestly can't say for certain what the 24-48 hour (some say 24hrs, others 48hrs, I compromised at 36) dark period does, but reading up on the threads here, I noted several people swearing by it, as far as helping to hasten the plants transition from veg to flowering, some going as far as to note it knocking week or two off the harvest timeline.

I figured WTF? Why not? Not very scientific, I know but fun as heck!

I think it should be a fast switch either way, as all three already declared female at 18/6.

Thanks for droppin' by Twinmax!

Those Short Riders of your's look amazing! How tall is that one in the bucket?

I wish I'd have started with autos. I have some on queue for the next grow, but for now I just hope to get through this first one successfully.

The ladies are now in the midst of a 36hr block of dark, then lights on 12/12 in the morning. I've really missed visiting them today...

the one in the bucket is about 27" I don't think the other two will grow that big since they are in soil. i wish i would have done them the same way as the first one.

I have an auto Bubblelicious that i am going to the same way with the DIY bubleponics bucket. I also have some ICE feminized seeds that i am waiting to do after i am done with the autos, I want to see which ones i get the better yields with. I am thinking i will get better yields with the non autos. we will see :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom