Exceptionally High FECO Yields

Ahoy 420,
Been out today visiting @Van Stank and learned a different harvest statistic that I had never really considered before. Van looks at grams flower/gallons of medium, and grams of flower/# of days in garden. I like both examinations.

So far we got for the record;
NL #1 harvested 105 grams for 21 grams per gallon @ 1.16 grams per day.
I will put up complete harvest data for the combined plants after the last one comes down. :bongrip:

I got some "cool" for you MT! I track grams per week as well, my first grow is in bold at 3.9. If your NL 1.16 g per day is for both veg and flower that puts you at 8, near the top of the list, so turn that frown upside down my friend :)

BTW, this data is from many misc grows at a grow diary website. I wanted a wide swath of comparisons for my own grows.... it's all UP from here!

Screenshot_2.jpg

I got some "cool" for you MT! I track grams per week as well, my first grow is in bold at 3.9. If your NL 1.16 g per day is for both veg and flower that puts you at 8, near the top of the list, so turn that frown upside down my friend :)

BTW, this data is from many misc grows at a grow diary website. I wanted a wide swath of comparisons for my own grows.... it's all UP from here!

Screenshot_2.jpg
Awesome Brian,
Is this from a spreadsheet?
If yes, how in the world do you upload it on this site?

About the frown,
Having a talk with Van Stank and he also said my numbers were solid.
I know I put in my best effort, but with the gear and operating budget I have, plus being in an open well basement I feel more happy after moaning. Would have been cool to shag like a pound though.

Just out of curiosity, not trying to be a wise ass, what value is there in tracking yield by time? I mean other than veg, the plant is going to do what it wants on its own timescale. Also, with autos, time is an issue because their entire life is on their schedule, you can't tweak it.

I would think tracking the things you can tweak, like how much you feed/water it, or the light you use, or some other variable would be a better baseline. I feel like using time as the baseline would be frustrating, because again, you can't change time, in flower, so what are you improving? By watching the effects of the lights you use, the temp/humidity, feed/water, soil, etc... and tweaking them, it would seem you'd have a far more meaningful baseline to compare and improve on?

Just wondering.

Just out of curiosity, not trying to be a wise ass, what value is there in tracking yield by time? I mean other than veg, the plant is going to do what it wants on its own timescale. Also, with autos, time is an issue because their entire life is on their schedule, you can't tweak it.

I would think tracking the things you can tweak, like how much you feed/water it, or the light you use, or some other variable would be a better baseline. I feel like using time as the baseline would be frustrating, because again, you can't change time, in flower, so what are you improving? By watching the effects of the lights you use, the temp/humidity, feed/water, soil, etc... and tweaking them, it would seem you'd have a far more meaningful baseline to compare and improve on?

Just wondering.
Ahoy zeroday,
Your avatar reminds me of the chemical expression for methyl jazz. Cool .

I am not sure I understand your question of the value in tracking yield times. If I throw down a pure Northern and give her 21 days of veg with 60 flower days and a second Northern with 42 days of veg and 60 flower, what plant will produce the most flower? I bet the second plant gets bigger and has a bunch more flower. Now ask, what is the sweet spot for veg time? How do we find out?

I like the easy stuff. :)

Ahoy zeroday,
Your avatar reminds me of the chemical expression for methyl jazz. Cool .

I am not sure I understand your question of the value in tracking yield times. If I throw down a pure Northern and give her 21 days of veg with 60 flower days and a second Northern with 42 days of veg and 60 flower, what plant will produce the most flower? I bet the second plant gets bigger and has a bunch more flower. Now ask, what is the sweet spot for veg time? How do we find out?

I like the easy stuff. :)

Ha! The avatar is a sketch for a tattoo.

Oh sure, I agree trying to figure out the best veg times is valuable. However I am questioning the value of the flower data. For example, having an indica that flowers in 55 days vs. a sativa that flowers in 70 days will muck with your data, won't it?

Ha! The avatar is a sketch for a tattoo.

Oh sure, I agree trying to figure out the best veg times is valuable. However I am questioning the value of the flower data. For example, having an indica that flowers in 55 days vs. a sativa that flowers in 70 days will muck with your data, won't it?
We would probably not compare Sativa and Indica flower times unless examining them for that very difference.
Like you said , a bunch of ways to look at things.

Is this from a spreadsheet?
If yes, how in the world do you upload it on this site?

It's a google doc and this site does not allow links, so I'm not sure.

Another measure I'll be using for my grows is grams per kWh. This calculation measures yield, time and light in one number.

For example, 6 weeks veg was 42 days or 756 hrs of light, flower was 10 weeks or 840 hrs, 1596 hrs total, times the wattage pull of my lights which is 280 for 446,880, divided by 1000 which is 447 kWh. Then 247 grams divided by 447 kilowatt hours is 0.55 g/kWh.

what value is there in tracking yield by time
Some people consider time = money and want the highest yield in the shortest amount of time. If that's your goal then you can compare that number between grows and optimize accordingly.

If you track total time above ground you can narrow down the strains that will be the biggest producers in the shortest amount of total time, sprout-to-harvest, if that's something that matters to you. Some folks just want a plant they can get the highest yield/day on because they have a g/day medical need or something similar.

But if you're really fond of a specific strain, tracking that kind of data won't really matter.

If you track total time above ground you can narrow down the strains that will be the biggest producers in the shortest amount of total time, sprout-to-harvest, if that's something that matters to you. Some folks just want a plant they can get the highest yield/day on because they have a g/day medical need or something similar.

But if you're really fond of a specific strain, tracking that kind of data won't really matter.

Got it! For me, I think its that I have far more to worry about than how much yield I am pumping out, at the moment. I was doing great for years, then started struggling with things much more rudimentary than yield. Maybe once I fix those other things, I'll have time to care more about shooting for higher yields. Fixing those things is slow going, unfortuneltly.

Hey, I was just thinking it, and I bet lots of folks have too. How are the last bunch of posts relevant to this thread? For me, the quick answer is, I expect a 7% yield from raw material down to the final oil product I am shooting for. Of course, the more you start with, the more you end with.....

Point? I started out growing casually and then got all deep on extraction. The other way around works better in my experience. In other words, get the proper level of experience with growing first, so you have plenty of goodies to extract later. Otherwise, there is a natural backup of sorts!

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, Hump Day. I'm a bit more adjusted after work than usual!

:ganjamon:

So:ganjamon: that when I just read my last post, there was a period between the "bit" the the "more" in the last sentence. So I edited it, and it wasn't there. I realized it was a spec of dirt on my monitor after trying to edit the post 3 times.

Fun, life is just fun sometimes!

You started off growing casually and then built yourself a clear glass extraction playground!

Need sand to play in, on a play ground! :meditate:

Hey, I was just thinking it, and I bet lots of folks have too. How are the last bunch of posts relevant to this thread?
:ganjamon:
not chasin rabbits down the holes no more
my head gets stuck and I get grumpy
sorry you were misled

Back
Top Bottom