Fan leaves

Ljoe94

Hey I struggle with the flower stage I’m in week 2 of flower with Amherst Sour Diesel how much is to much to remove for leaves in one go
EA4135FD-33AB-4C96-B900-66464C2A5CEC.jpeg

I'm growing 3 different strains right now & doing it 3 different ways. 1 I defoliated big time & removed all small branches only leaving the thicker branches. It has nice long colas but not super thick.
Another plant I defoliated the bottom 8" - 10" & then Super Cropped. Just a bunch of smaller but decent sized buds all over the plant.
The 3rd plant I haven't touched. It has nice long thick ass buds.
So from what I'm seeing I wouldn't defol unless I started seeing moisture drops on my leaves from the plant transpiring.
Just my opinion.

I defoiled 2 weekend before flower but my first time using a led and it is thick I’m seeing big leaves blocking lower branches
Have you thought about the lollipop for those girls? You can see with the burple light the dark below . The leaves above look great wouldn’t touch them !

I would defoliate only the leaves blocking major bud sites. But would suggest experimenting like in the post above then you can see how things work for you.

Blocking something like this ?

Too much Nitrogen your growing WAY too much foliage. You're not smoking leaves so why grow them like that??

Defoil is counter productive and is a BIG stress on plants.

@Ljoe94 why do you think you need to "defoil"??

Basically keep leaves off the soil line. Trim off the lower leaves IN VEG if you think you to. Once in flower leave the plant alone.

Back
Top Bottom