Featherleaf's Perpetual Grow

Okay. So I have 2 LSD plants I can play with. I have 6 clones so I am going to mess with the 2 largest ones as I need them to settle the fuck down anyway lol.
The 2 LSD clones (the best phenotype of 10) that I am going to aggressively top to keep their size down. In that veg tent pic, they are on the right and left sides. But because I have so long to wait untill they can go into flower, I have been considering doing something I have done before by accident, but do it on purpose. My buddy that has been growing for about 6 years does it to his plants in veg because he has space to let them stay in veg and heal.
He slices the tips of his plants in half. The very top of the plant, where 2 main colas grow after being topped, he makes a 1 inch cut right inbetween the 2 colas, then tapes them up and secures with a zip tie. Its exactly like when you accidentally split your stem by tying the branches down too aggressively. If given time to heal (which they have), the plants become monsters
Sounds like an interesting technique, never heard of it would like to see how it turns out.

Sounds like an interesting technique, never heard of it would like to see how it turns out.
Me too, I might just try it on my 1 LSD plant that has 2 healthy tops I can split, recently transplanted too. Its only a little older than my 3 smallest LSD clones. My other 2 LSD clones were too healthy, I couldnt do it :'(, they are so close to having a dinner table candle-stick holder structure, its a real time investment to get them like that, I cant do it >.<.
When I went to a garden supply store where I get my stakes, I found a plastic adjustable tomato cage by the same company! I will buy some next time I am there. Instead of being welded in place, you can move the parts up and down, and add as many stakes or attachments as you like. These will be vital when I am training my 3 new strains.

Apologies for the light, they dont need to be fed so in the tent they stay.
The 2 LSDs at the back are leeching beautifully because they have so little medium.
I cant wait for the big girls to start leeching, still so green. When I defoliate in a few days, you're all in for a treat. I took a peak at the lower buds today, and they aren't popcorns!!! There are still so many small leaves half covering buds, and a majority will be cut off when they receive their first flush.

Attachments

• 20180919_185823.jpg
    20180919_185823.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20180919_185826.jpg
    20180919_185826.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 20180919_185830.jpg
    20180919_185830.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
I have grown them before, they were MONSTERS and my good God they smelt devine!
Here is a pic of the 2 SLH x Bubba Kush fem phenos I grew a while back. This was hours before they were harvested, I let them leech for 2 weeks so the leaves look like shit but the buds were the best smelling I have ever come across.
SLH x B.jpg
Yerrrr looking tasty!
Love me a silver haze.

Ive split my girls on accident before and seen amazing results. Now when I train I dont really bother going that easy now cos if it splits "meh, whatever". Dunno about its ability to produce more thc but i know my kush auto is hella frosty sooo theres that.

Nice plants! May I ask please - what training techniques did you use during Veg? You have a great canopy. And I’m enjoying your journal thanks! (I also enjoy growing these days more than the smoking btw). Respect.

What color trichs are you going for at harvest?
I look for a majority of the trichs turned to amber. But sometimes, the leaves will tell you when they want to die :p even though you feed them, their leaves keep falling off on their own. That is exactly what is happening with my 2 small LSD plants right now

Looking awesome featherleaf!. Ima be tryns find some mothers that I lke through the winter. I may even get started before i put my strawberry banana in flower and clone her quick.
Once you find a pheno thats perfect, clone the shit out of it. I have 6 healthy LSD Indica phenotype 1 clones because she was WAY further along than the rest of the phenos. Ill be cloning my GG Allins soon, though I already have a pretty good idea of which will be better haha.

Once you find a pheno thats perfect, clone the shit out of it. I have 6 healthy LSD Indica phenotype 1 clones because she was WAY further along than the rest of the phenos. Ill be cloning my GG Allins soon, though I already have a pretty good idea of which will be better haha.
Nice!. Yer i intend to man. Seeing as im doing a scrog Ill have enough stuff to clone when i start stripping underneath the net.

Nice plants! May I ask please - what training techniques did you use during Veg? You have a great canopy. And I’m enjoying your journal thanks! (I also enjoy growing these days more than the smoking btw). Respect.
Of course! I will point out before I do so that when people use trelis nets, you can get the type of canopy I have VERY little work and with better results, but I am not a fan of netting as I have absolutely no room hahahaha! My tent is inside a closet, dont ask me how I got it in there cause it took an hour!
I veg for a bit longer than usual, I veg untill I get the flat canopy structure. I top at about 6 healthy internodes. After the branches catch up with the tops of the plants, I tie them down. Once all the branches have had to be tied down, I top them all at the same level. After being topped, I aggressively tie down the tops of the plants below all the other branches, so the branches are always just above the 2 tops. Then I bend and twist the branches so that they sag slightly, but when they heal, they will be stuck in place without having to be tied down.
Just before I put my girls into flower, I take off the bottom 1/3 of the plant because they will just be shitty popcorn buds. Dont do this in flower, or the buds will have already formed on the lower branches, waste of bud growth

Here is what bending and twisting can do. I even do it to the main stem, but the MOST IMPORTANT PART of learning this technique is starting slow. I have fucked up big time doing it fast, I snapped my best plants main colas in half. I snapped 1 side, so I had to cut the other side in half to make it even.

20180823_190819.jpg

Here is a good example of my G13 x C.O.B just before she went into flower. I got the branching to catch up with the tops of the plant by topping.
20180901_095343.jpg

Here are my girls in veg. I gave them a light watering today so I thought Id do an update.
LSD clones, 2 GG Allin females, 3 Snowflake Kush (top), 3 F1 hybrids (mid) and 4 Dark Dreams (bottom)
The seedlings are doing well, except for 1 Dark Dream seedling that fell over so I had to prop it back up, hate when that happens but I caught it early.

Attachments

• 20180920_084406.jpg
    20180920_084406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20180920_084406.jpg
    20180920_084406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20180920_084416.jpg
    20180920_084416.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • 20180920_084420.jpg
    20180920_084420.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
I look for a majority of the trichs turned to amber. But sometimes, the leaves will tell you when they want to die :p even though you feed them, their leaves keep falling off on their own. That is exactly what is happening with my 2 small LSD plants right now
Gonna have some good sleepy time meds going mostly amber.

Gonna have some good sleepy time meds going mostly amber.
Absolutely HAHA! I picked this strain for its potency, night time smoke only thankfully.
They are in pre-flush now. The only thing theyll get is water with terpinator in it. There would still be nutrients in the medium, so I am going to P.H it to 5.8 for the first week so they arent starved cold turkey. I stop terpinator when flush officially begins

LSD Hybrid Sativa dominant phenotype OFFICIALLY IN FLUSH!!!
This lady is nothing special.
She is thin and stretchy, but she smells twice as pungent as her sisters. Perhaps due to surface area exposure??
She is in a 4.5 litre pot.
These pics are of my smallest weakest LSD phenotype BEFORE defoliation and AFTER.
I pulled off any leaf I could, and used the clippers to snip off any fan leaf I could reach.
No sugar leaves touched. Most of the leaves that came off did so on their own.

Attachments

• LSD-HYBRID-BEFORE.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-BEFORE.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 42
  • LSD-HYBRID-AFTER.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-AFTER.jpg
    999.2 KB · Views: 47
LSD INDICA dominant phenotype, my "FUCKED WITH IT" PLANT OFFICIALLY IN FLUSH!!!
I also did a Dr Pepper can comparison next to some of the smaller colas.
These pics are of my second smallest LSD phenotype BEFORE defoliation and AFTER.
This is also my "FUCKED WITH IT" plant that I was aggressive with and that I test out new methods on, and the buds are HUGE for being is such a small pot!!!!
I pulled off any leaf I could, and used the clippers to snip off any fan leaf I could reach. Took AGES to clip this girl up.
No sugar leaves touched.

Attachments

• LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-BEFORE.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-BEFORE.jpg
    948.2 KB · Views: 31
  • LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-AFTER.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-AFTER.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 48
  • LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-BUDSHOT1.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-BUDSHOT1.jpg
    941.5 KB · Views: 48
  • LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-DR-PEPPER.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-DR-PEPPER.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 44
  • LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-STEM.jpg
    LSD-HYBRID-FUCKEDWITHIT-STEM.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 63
Here is my little hobby den! A bit boring but hey, this is my space!
It just barely contains my 5 x 5 ft Gorilla grow tent. It took me half an hour to put up the frame, and more than an hour to SOMEHOW manage to zip it up. My knuckle went through the dry wall at one point, that's how tight it was.
I took a pic of both sides of the tent lol, you can see that it is extremely snug.
A walk-in closet that I completely stripped for use as a grow room.
1.5m WIDE, 2m LONG, 2.4m HIGH.
This tent is in perpetual 12/12
600-1000w dimmable Double Ended HPS
I have temperature control with silenced fans, runs whisper quiet.
One thing I need to do is take my ballast and place it outside my closet.

Attachments

• 20180920_192538.jpg
    20180920_192538.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180920_192608.jpg
    20180920_192608.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180920_192648.jpg
    20180920_192648.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180920_192738.jpg
    20180920_192738.jpg