Featherleaf's Perpetual Grow

How many times a day you watering now they're in flower?

I water my girls in flower once a day, as soon as the lights turn on.
Every day they get exactly 1.5 litres of nutrient solution at 1000-1200 ppms (or plain water if flushing). They love consistency. Sometimes I have to let them dry out for a day but I dont let them droop in flower.
The G13 x Cali Orange Bud only get 1 litre a day, as they are in smaller pots and only a few weeks into flower.

I thought I would do a post on what I like to do when I actually have time to sit down and concentrate.
Instead of using stakes or strings, I supercrop every branch at a certain level.
Each little knuckle is made extremely slowly. I bend and twist for 20-30 seconds, then do the next branch, etc. Then the second time around, I twist and bend it a little bit further. By the third time around, each branch can be knuckled without snapping or tearing. This has to be repeated every now and then.
But either way, flat canopy! And the supercropped branches will hold HUGE heads.

A trick one of my old grow buddies taught me is handy. If you want to know what your plant will smell like, sniff the tips of your fingers after supercropping or after rubbing the stem between 2 finger tips.
Reason why this is handy is because it works in veg

20180924_101135.jpg

20180924_101144.jpg

20180924_101710.jpg

20180924_101737.jpg

20180924_101807.jpg

Chop chop!
The strangest of the 2 small LSD plants came down today.
I guess the phenotype was not a producer? Was super stretchy and just didn't want to produce heavy buds. They just sort of went stingy. Just thin ones, that smell amazing. Modest amount of trichs. But good lord she smells like a candy store. I think this is going to be a day time smoke.
All the other phenotypes have solid buds that look completely different. They are producing nuggets, where these look like instead of growing into nuggets, the buds just grew upwards not outwards, and she was ready to come down, the others aren't.

20180924_192825.jpg

20180924_193044.jpg

Attachments

• 20180924_193044.jpg
    20180924_193044.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 34
In addition, when its a good plant with nice buds, I will snip anything that doesnt have sugar on it.
This plant is just a really odd phenotype, Im not that fussed about it, there is nothing I can possibly do to the bud to make it better :p this phenotype is just really odd, I will take close up pictures tonight to show you guys.
I separated the heads though, and they will dry regular, but everything else will just go onto a drying rack, Ill snip the small buds off the branches tonight.

Took some pictures to show the oddity of this phenotype. Close ups and all. This seems to be a weird sativa dominant phenotype that I noticed was odd but didnt see how odd until she started flowering. Glad I kept her, if only to learn how to spot an undesirable phenotype.
The 3 other LSD phenotypes are uniform classic LSD. LSD Indica 1 started budding the earliest as well as having the best plant structure
20180925_184549.jpg

20180925_184630.jpg
20180925_184630.jpg
20180925_184735.jpg
20180925_184822.jpg
20180925_184901.jpg
20180925_184524.jpg

Those are some nice looking sativa buds right there mate! I've had a quick squiz over your journal and things are looking pretty good so far, keep it up and I'll keep watching from the sidelines :thumb:
Thanks mate!
She was the smallest, should be a very sweet and mild smoke. I'm so keen for the others to come down. They are monsters. They all have solid buds. So excited!

Thanks mate!
She was the smallest, should be a very sweet and mild smoke. I'm so keen for the others to come down. They are monsters. They all have solid buds. So excited!

Sall good man :)
Damn she had some legs on her for being the smallest aye, from your description of the smell it should be a tasty smoke too! Those GG Allin are from southern star yeah? I've got some of there stuff in my seed collection, solid Oz seedbank :thumb:
How long you reckon before the others are done?

Apologies for the lighting, they're in flush and still not dry so in the tent they stay.
Took a group shot and a few bud shots. They have begun to fox tail, which tells me my timeline for them was perfect.
The small LSD will come down 1 week before its 2 massive sisters. Because she is in a smaller pot, she begun leeching a week ago.

20180926_183321.jpg

20180926_183337.jpg
20180926_183242.jpg

20180926_183219.jpg

Sall good man :)
Damn she had some legs on her for being the smallest aye, from your description of the smell it should be a tasty smoke too! Those GG Allin are from southern star yeah? I've got some of there stuff in my seed collection, solid Oz seedbank :thumb:
How long you reckon before the others are done?
Hahaha she smells amazing, she will be a smooth smoke, not much bud to her but she smells like a candy store.
The GG Allins are from SSS yep! I grew some BubbleFucks and Iron Dukes and they're not bad! Not my best seed source, that one is private, but they are legit, and I have not yet tested them but Dinkum Seeds have exactly the same format site, different strains. They are all skunk strains too, you heard of them?

Holy fuck balls I just went back a page to refresh my bad memory of what your flowering girls look like. Your gonna be coming into a decent harvest when all of those are done godaymn! :rofl::high-five:
LOL I am pretty excited for it! Predicted harvest date is the 5th of October. 7-9 week flower time. They're in flush, and 5th is officially 9 weeks

Who cares about yields these days when she smells like that hahaha
Yeah thought so, I've grown some of their Yorker, Bubblefuck and Rhino Cookies. Still got more of their genetics in the seedbank but haven't got plans to grow them out just yet. Turned out pretty decent but I only grew small plants so didn't see the real potential of those ones I mentioned. I think I've heard of Dinkum but never tried them, have you tried them out?

Hopefully the plants follow your grow schedule and finish up on time, either way should make for some good times in the future :thumb:

Who cares about yields these days when she smells like that hahaha
Yeah thought so, I've grown some of their Yorker, Bubblefuck and Rhino Cookies. Still got more of their genetics in the seedbank but haven't got plans to grow them out just yet. Turned out pretty decent but I only grew small plants so didn't see the real potential of those ones I mentioned. I think I've heard of Dinkum but never tried them, have you tried them out?

Hopefully the plants follow your grow schedule and finish up on time, either way should make for some good times in the future :thumb:

I havent tried Dinkum before, but I plan to soon, I want to try out their "Sour Skunk" and "Lemon Skunk". Potency just isnt what I think about now, not now when some strains are pushing 30% THC, so I would really love to try their specific skunks to see if I can find some exceptionally pungent flavor hahaha.

Here is a shot of 1 of the heads that dried quickly.
As you can see there is very little bud mass, its like this whole plant is popcorn grade lol.
Once they are dried I will put them in a jar. I am going to use it as joint smoke for the next few weeks, because it doesnt look all that potent and the buds still hold their sweet scent.
This is perfect joint bud. I love smoking joints, and a big thing with joints is taste. I am hoping that these buds taste sweet, but I have a feeling these LSDs are going to have a sour scent to them. Thankfully I still have over an ounce of my last harvest, so theres no rush on drying or curing. However, when my other LSDs come down, I am going to set up a small tent as a drying tent with a fan and carbon exhaust. Its all set up, just need to wait untill harvest

20180927_143645.jpg

This is LSD Hybrid 1, my "fucked with it" plant. In flush. As you can see, what I tested on her didnt slow her down. She's dripping in trichs!!
She is leeching beautifully, but I won't be harvesting her tomorrow :-( she may go as long as another half week. She's still so green.
20180927_183013.jpg

20180927_183037.jpg

20180927_183111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom