Feel free to call me stupid, lighting error causes flowering

radrichie61

Well just wanted to report that the girls I started in early march and went out in the ground in mid April are all in flower due to the light period prior to outdoors was longer than when I put them out. Next time and I am on that run, I matched the outdoor cycle week for week.

These are the next 7 going in the ground and a couple seedlings and a 5 gal homemade air pot, f1 Orion from RQS.

Did a trim on all mid week and a prune today. Want all that settled before transplant next weekend.
AFD17784-1FB7-4F81-A9EB-9ECD24CDF344.jpeg
FE0015C4-93BC-4020-82D4-52523E01BB35.jpeg
E8E124D9-6357-4E13-BD4F-EF5D519AC601.jpeg
837B1962-C349-4147-9A44-38A24B6D60BC.jpeg
C5C001F0-49C6-40D4-BEA6-AE14D09757E9.jpeg

Well just wanted to report that the girls I started in early march and went out in the ground in mid April are all in flower due to the light period prior to outdoors was longer than when I put them out. Next time and I am on that run, I matched the outdoor cycle week for week.

These are the next 7 going in the ground and a couple seedlings and a 5 gal homemade air pot, f1 Orion from RQS.

Did a trim on all mid week and a prune today. Want all that settled before transplant next weekend.
AFD17784-1FB7-4F81-A9EB-9ECD24CDF344.jpeg
FE0015C4-93BC-4020-82D4-52523E01BB35.jpeg
E8E124D9-6357-4E13-BD4F-EF5D519AC601.jpeg
837B1962-C349-4147-9A44-38A24B6D60BC.jpeg
C5C001F0-49C6-40D4-BEA6-AE14D09757E9.jpeg
Don't feel bad or discouraged in the least @radrichie61! :passitleft:;)

Every Outdoor grower has made that same error early on in their growing career. That's how ya learn knowledge for next go a round, right?

The New ladies look Very Well! Good luck and have a good High evening :bong:

Flower? Not seeing it. Is it possible that your plants have reached sexual maturity and are showing preflower. Single hairs are preflowers. Clusters define a plant in flower.
Mid April is usually okay to place plants from seeds outdoors (latitude 38)It’s clones you need to wait till May 15.
No, the grow currently in the woods. Went in a month ago. These are set and phots with light cycle synced

Flower? Not seeing it. Is it possible that your plants have reached sexual maturity and are showing preflower. Single hairs are preflowers. Clusters define a plant in flower.
Mid April is usually okay to place plants from seeds outdoors (latitude 38)It’s clones you need to wait till May 15.
These are the flowering ones here. In ground on site. These pics are on May 1.
B93B7E6B-3A86-4B1D-8C2A-F9A0C7BAB58E.png
50ADC730-2795-4531-918E-6A3ECEE9311C.png
88B018C4-D562-472A-8805-B4E2BB0AC4FD.png
C1EDCF87-7790-409F-A490-3AEE5561927A.png
0B452D97-2DC0-4697-94A2-CEA81F5FB860.png
DF93C4CB-DACC-4292-9EAE-0B7EC72D2AF9.png
7571C1FA-8A13-437B-814E-BFEF91648F13.png
59E66B2D-2697-4FF0-B154-C09D3D967039.png

Any supplemental light source added to their environment can keep this from happening. Even something as little as a single light bulb within their vicinity. Although those plants look a little removed from a power source. Guerilla grow?

Yeah, coastal North Carolina and we can’t do anything here and as embarrassing as this is after 28 years in the business I ended up losing a restaurant I’m broke. I’m renting to own from my mother-in-law and I’m 62 years old, I lost everything. I can’t put the mother-in-law‘s house at risk, not going to put a tent in there, not gonna grow in the backyard again, so that’s the only thing left. My last batch go in the ground this weekend and they’re looking OK. I did take your comment to heart about putting a light source out there. And no would be any power out there anywhere, but perhaps a solar light set in the middle of that little plot, I don’t know that would glow all night long though.

I agree about mid April, I know nothing about clothes. No you’re not seeing anything flowering on these because I poorly worded my comment. I was trying to say that I had not gotten any pictures recently from my gorilla grow site one, but it was all in flower. I ran it on way to long a light cycle in February and March and when they went out in mid April, outdoors was much shorter in terms of daylight and that caused the flowering. I’m hoping that from May 15 or 20th on it may go back in veg and get at least a little more height on them cause they stink now they’re shorties.

Don't feel bad or discouraged in the least @radrichie61! :passitleft:;)

Every Outdoor grower has made that same error early on in their growing career. That's how ya learn knowledge for next go a round, right?

The New ladies look Very Well! Good luck and have a good High evening :bong:
I am way behind on site preparation on site three were these guys need to go in this weekend, and it’s getting warm in my area, and one of my friends wives had to go and post a picture of a timber rattler on Facebook. Well I might be having the stuff some newspapers down in the sides of my boots and make homemade chaps, but they going in the ground this weekend.

And no would be any power out there anywhere, but perhaps a solar light set in the middle of that little plot
Solar lights are enough to extend the period so they don't flower and come in when it's dark. I did that my last grow before leaving California.

Solar lights are enough to extend the period so they don't flower and come in when it's dark. I did that my last grow before leaving California.

yup. just stick them around the plants in a circle wide enough out but close. :)
can buy a couple three weeks or more depending on climate.

Good thought but probably not what you want to do for a guerilla grow, light it up at night, unless it’s really, really remote.

As far as the ones in flower, they should reveg and become large plants.

I’m hoping that from May 15 or 20th on it may go back in veg and get at least a little more height on them cause they stink now they’re shorties.
By the end of the month they should be into the "revegetating" stage and by mid June back to growing like nothing had happened.

You might have missed a coupe of weeks of grow time but it should not be a disaster.

Hit them with some roots organics veg today. See how it goes.
Once a week, maybe a teaspoon or two until they get larger. The plants in the ground really should not need a whole lot. The surround plants look healthy so the native soil should be OK and good-to-go.

Consider starting to add the Terp Tea Bloom about the last week of June and finishing the transition to Bloom about the end of August when adding the Grow stops.

In the long run it is not all that much fertilizer and it does seem to make for healthier looking plants if growing in pots.

Bloom at end of June. Was planning on more like week 3 July to the end. Terp tea microbe charge always blows them up.

Btw, what are your thoughts on liquid/dry bloom boosters. I have a lot of mother earth and another brand bloom boosters I bought last year. Again, thoughts, when the time comes of course. Not now.
E144E821-2FD5-4597-A407-A9973FD473BA.jpeg
8BCEAECD-63F0-48A7-8C04-B349A8937B2A.jpeg

I have not used the Mother Earth or read up about it so no thoughts on that one.

The Morbloom has worked real well for my potted outdoor flowers. I had tried it on my indoor plants as a "finisher" or "P & K Booster" and in that case it was not impressive. There are the instructions on the bottle for outdoor plants in the soil. One thing that might be a problem is a source of water near the plants. Otherwise it is hauling in water and it is up to you whether that is worthwhile.

You could try either of them when the time comes. Or, maybe try each on one or two plants just to see what happens.

Hi Smoking and happy 4th. I am only using dry nutes on the guerrilla. I was talking at home. I have 5, 10 gal pots. I was referring to them. I wonder about them, is it just going to drain out or stay. Stay probably if I stick with a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom