First auto grow: has it failed?

jxck02

420 Member
First time doing this and I've been going off different things people have advised I did go for the autoflower as I thought I'd maybe would of been easier but starting to think the females are better.

Could anyone provide me any assistance would be extremely grateful! I've got Lemon Haze, Northern Light and AK48 but they don't seem to be at the right size when I'm looking at other people's plants that are roughly the same age.

I placed them in a wet paper towel to crack them on the 3rd of September and then moved them into my shed with a heat lamp as well as mylar sheeting the first week or two was going perfect, growth was definitely there but for some reason don't feel like they're shooting up like they should anyone got any advice, or knows what's going on?

They are in 15L pots and have been using SHOGUN START, KATANNA ROOTS and the terra grow alongside terpinator.

My lighting cycle is 24/0 but would drop it down to 12/12 after the 4th week

First indoor grow is it working

First indoor grow is it working 2

First indoor grow is it working 3

Hi @Roy Growin

I use the Omega Black 600W Digital Lighting System which gives you the options of 250, 400 and 600w also super lumens.

I've been running it on super lumens through the day due to it being fairly cold in the UK and then 250w through the night

Any recomendations on that?
Ah, that explains the colour hue in the pics
Autos will do their thing under any lighting schedule so no worries there
Small plants in large pots will take time to build roots first, before you see much action above ground
As long as it's green(?) and watered you'll probably start to see fast growth in a week or so

run them 18/6. cannabis gets it's energy during daylight hours then builds mostly in the dark, even autos. 24/0 can get them to start flower sooner, but it's a bit of a stress reaction, and usually leads to smaller plants.

you will also get faster growing and healthier plants in a dark bucket. maybe cover those with duct tape or something. cannabis roots hate light, and will avoid the sides of a white bucket, resulting in a smaller rootball, plant, and harvest.

run them 18/6. cannabis gets it's energy during daylight hours then builds mostly in the dark, even autos. 24/0 can get them to start flower sooner, but it's a bit of a stress reaction, and usually leads to smaller plants.

you will also get faster growing and healthier plants in a dark bucket. maybe cover those with duct tape or something. cannabis roots hate light, and will avoid the sides of a white bucket, resulting in a smaller rootball, plant, and harvest.
Nice one pal I'll try both 👍🏼

First time doing this and I've been going off different things people have advised I did go for the autoflower as I thought I'd maybe would of been easier but starting to think the females are better.

Could anyone provide me any assistance would be extremely grateful! I've got Lemon Haze, Northern Light and AK48 but they don't seem to be at the right size when I'm looking at other people's plants that are roughly the same age.

I placed them in a wet paper towel to crack them on the 3rd of September and then moved them into my shed with a heat lamp as well as mylar sheeting the first week or two was going perfect, growth was definitely there but for some reason don't feel like they're shooting up like they should anyone got any advice, or knows what's going on?

They are in 15L pots and have been using SHOGUN START, KATANNA ROOTS and the terra grow alongside terpinator.

My lighting cycle is 24/0 but would drop it down to 12/12 after the 4th week

First indoor grow is it working

First indoor grow is it working 2

First indoor grow is it working 3
Ouch

Hard to see much with the lights on

Usually good to start in small pots, solo cup, then up pot, to keep from over watering like these look

Also babies like a bit of night night

I'd go 18/6 to give them a good sleep boost too

Not familiar with the nutes, but at their age hopefully yer a bit low in the %

Good luck

Ouch

Hard to see much with the lights on

Usually good to start in small pots, solo cup, then up pot, to keep from over watering like these look

Also babies like a bit of night night

I'd go 18/6 to give them a good sleep boost too

Not familiar with the nutes, but at their age hopefully yer a bit low in the %

Good luck

Sound for taking the time to drop some advice really appreciate it mate.

I've decided to go for 20/4 to try maximise my yield as for the pots I made the rookie move of moving them from a tiny tray into 15L, definitely overwatered looking at them so I'm gonna hold off a few days to let the soil properly dry before I give them anymore.

The nuts should be fine, think it's generally down to my own stupidity with putting them straight into a bigger pot definitely a learning curve for the next one though.

Just about any nutes will do the trick. Once you’re comfortable with growing you can try different nute combinations and manufacturers etc but for now just some basic nutes is fine. Don’t over water them. You can follow @Emilya Green for how to water The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container
Did I mention don’t over water! Lol

Your plants will most likely find the optimum benefits from a 18/6 schedule for lighting. 20/4 is harder on them but not crazy. I’ve found personally there’s no need to ever deviate from 18/6 for the entire grow with autos. Just adjust intensity as you go if this is a possibility. If not, adjust the light distance to the top of the plants instead.

Can you try and get us some pics without the lights on? Very difficult to see any plant color with the light you’re using so it will make it very hard for us to look for deficiencies etc.

Keep your nutes % very low until you have 2-3 or more sets of leaves. That’s what works for me.

The key to growing: Patience! : )

Hope this helps. This is definitely the place to ask questions. I’ve learned soooo much from this forum. This place is amazing! Enjoy the ride. If you crash and burn on your first run chalk it up to experience and learn from it :ganjamon:

Just about any nutes will do the trick. Once you’re comfortable with growing you can try different nute combinations and manufacturers etc but for now just some basic nutes is fine. Don’t over water them. You can follow @Emilya Green for how to water The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container
Did I mention don’t over water! Lol

Your plants will most likely find the optimum benefits from a 18/6 schedule for lighting. 20/4 is harder on them but not crazy. I’ve found personally there’s no need to ever deviate from 18/6 for the entire grow with autos. Just adjust intensity as you go if this is a possibility. If not, adjust the light distance to the top of the plants instead.

Can you try and get us some pics without the lights on? Very difficult to see any plant color with the light you’re using so it will make it very hard for us to look for deficiencies etc.

Keep your nutes % very low until you have 2-3 or more sets of leaves. That’s what works for me.

The key to growing: Patience! : )

Hope this helps. This is definitely the place to ask questions. I’ve learned soooo much from this forum. This place is amazing! Enjoy the ride. If you crash and burn on your first run chalk it up to experience and learn from it :ganjamon:

Right now I've been doing 20/4 per everyone's advice from 24 hours. Do you think 18/6 would yield and stretch better then what 20/4 will?

Also I'm due to turn them off in say about an hour and half so I'll take some pics later and tag you buddy 👍🏼

Hi guys I new to all this but is biobizz root, bloom, grow, and top max enough to see results on autoflower with out having to spend more money? And advice would be appreciated 🙏
Yes those nutes will see you through, but I'd suggest some kind of PK [esp K] boost in early flower
I'd also run plain water through maybe once a month, and you might want some H2O2 to spray the surface of the soil - white mould tends to grow quickly which will attract fungus gnats

BTW - another vote for 18/6 from me

Yes those nutes will see you through, but I'd suggest some kind of PK [esp K] boost in early flower
I'd also run plain water through maybe once a month, and you might want some H2O2 to spray the surface of the soil - white mould tends to grow quickly which will attract fungus gnats

BTW - another vote for 18/6 from me
Thanks for the reply would you recommend

Liquid Oxygen (Hydrogen Peroxide) H2O2 11.9% ? And what pk would you recommend? I'm new to all this just trying to get an understanding 🙃 what would be the best autoflower to grow for a beginner? I've done so much reading up there so much to learn haha​

Thanks for the reply would you recommend

Liquid Oxygen (Hydrogen Peroxide) H2O2 11.9% ? And what pk would you recommend? I'm new to all this just trying to get an understanding 🙃 what would be the best autoflower to grow for a beginner? I've done so much reading up there so much to learn haha​

I use 11.9% and dilute it down to 3% so yeah, that stuff's fine
UK does not have a lot of choice, so I use canna PK13/14, but anything similar will work

Green Crack Auto, RQS Creamatic, Northern Lights Auto & FastBuds Original Jack Herer Auto are all reliable and straightforward to grow
I tend to prefer short, compact mostly Indica hybrids - plants getting too big can be a real headache

Can I use ca
UK does not have a lot of choice, so I use canna PK13/14, but anything similar will work

Green Crack Auto, RQS Creamatic, Northern Lights Auto & FastBuds Original Jack Herer Auto are all reliable and straightforward to grow
I tend to prefer short, compact mostly Indica hybrids - plants getting too big can be a real headache
Nna

Can I use canna pk13/14 with my biobizz bio grow bio bloom and top max and root juice I. Also using Canna Coco Natural Coir Growing Medium 500w led in a 2x2.5 setup. You seem to no your stuff so I'm just putting everything on the table...I've only got 2 fans in there and a humidifier and Grow Diamond Reflective. (I don't have a cold feed coming in and I don't have a filter) was just gonna leave door open abit it's a built in wardrobe 🙃 😅 haha

Can I use ca

Nna

Can I use canna pk13/14 with my biobizz bio grow bio bloom and top max and root juice I. Also using Canna Coco Natural Coir Growing Medium 500w led in a 2x2.5 setup. You seem to no your stuff so I'm just putting everything on the table...I've only got 2 fans in there and a humidifier and Grow Diamond Reflective. (I don't have a cold feed coming in and I don't have a filter) was just gonna leave door open abit it's a built in wardrobe 🙃 😅 haha
Sure you can, just drop the pH to about 6.0 as it's a hydro nute [5.6-6.2] for the week you add PK
If you're in coco, CaMg with every watering, right?
I have passive intake too and it works fine in smallish spaces cos the extractor pulls the air through

One other thing - 500w light in a built in wardrobe - please be sure to keep a fire extinguisher nearby
Tiny risk but massive consequences if anything does go wrong

Sure you can, just drop the pH to about 6.0 as it's a hydro nute [5.6-6.2] for the week you add PK
If you're in coco, CaMg with every watering, right?
I have passive intake too and it works fine in smallish spaces cos the extractor pulls the air through

One other thing - 500w light in a built in wardrobe - please be sure to keep a fire extinguisher nearby
Tiny risk but massive consequences if anything does go wrong
What's CaMg? That another thing to buy lol eveything I listened is all I have. I've not bought the 500w led light yet. Il only have 2 plants from reading I fort that would of been ideal?

What's CaMg? That another thing to buy lol eveything I listened is all I have. I've not bought the 500w led light yet. Il only have 2 plants from reading I fort that would of been ideal?
Calcium & Magnesium [CalMag], it is pretty cheap and always recommended with coco, add it to your water first
You'll get by without, but if you start to see any yellow blotches or margins, it is most commonly a CaMg deficiency
500w is a lot of light for two plants - I've got 9 under 200w

Back
Top Bottom