First auto grow: has it failed?

if you're on photos you can flip any time from the fourth node or after. if you run 12/12 from seed they'll flower starting around the 4th or fifth node, which is where they hit maturity. it's how we used to run sog in a commercial grow.

with autos you just park them on 18/6 and let them go.

Currently have them sat on 20/4 seems to be doing quite well, few minor issues with growth but seems to be fixing itself later on down the line.

I think I'm going to add two usb fans and perhaps get an extractor fan added.

Any other suggestions mate?

Do you think these have switched way too early looks like they seem to be budding.

Could be overthinking it sorry if the photos aren't clear!

IMG_20231013_103611.jpg

IMG_20231013_103617.jpg

IMG_20231013_103609.jpg

IMG_20231013_103606.jpg

yup they are flowering. a decent normal light pic would help confirm. autos will trigger on any little stressor. they have a ways to go, be interesting to see if they amount to much.

yup they are flowering. a decent normal light pic would help confirm. autos will trigger on any little stressor. they have a ways to go, be interesting to see if they amount to much.

I'm probably going to add another four to the mix to later replace those if they don't make it gutted.

Can I run a female on 20/4 with these autos or should I replace with more autos

Will update with a better pic Sunday

Right now I've been doing 20/4 per everyone's advice from 24 hours. Do you think 18/6 would yield and stretch better then what 20/4 will?

Also I'm due to turn them off in say about an hour and half so I'll take some pics later and tag you buddy 👍🏼
No.

Cannabis is a C3 plant because it does not need darkness to execute the "Calvin cycle", which is a process that occurs downstream from photosynthesis. As such, cannabis can grow using a 24/0 photoperiod. When plants do not receive light, they cannot photosynthesize which results in diminished growth. My practice has been to grow 24/0 until mid-veg and then got to 20/4 or 18/6, for a variety of reasons. In the years that I have been growing cannabis I have found no research on this topic, unfortunately. It would be helpful if there was data on this but, until then, it's "tribal knowledge".

Plants that aren't adequate lighted will stretch - that's one of the characteristics. Plants given adequate light will be short, compact, and bushy and will generate high yields. In contrast, lower levels of light result in tall plants will limited inflorescence (leaves and stems) which results in lowered yield and lower quality, the latter being the ratio of the mass of flowers to total inflorescence. One experiment conducted (I think it was at Guelph in Ontario) demonstrated an increase at about 4% for every 50µmols of PPFD above 600µmols.

@CharlieWaffles used the word "rest" and he's spot on. That's the word that Bruce Bugbee (Google) used in his reply when asked a question about photoperiod. He commented on cannabis' ability to be grown 24/0 and, paraphrasing, he said that he'd grow 20/4 or 18/6 because "it gives them a little rest".

cannabis builds itself more in the dark than it does in the light. even autos. no place on earth has 24hr light where cannabis grows.

drop that stupid light schedule. you managed to stress your plants into early flower so they won't amount to anything. if you really want to be successful you'd grow proper photos anyway. there is no advantage to autos.

cannabis builds itself more in the dark than it does in the light. even autos. no place on earth has 24hr light where cannabis grows.

drop that stupid light schedule. you managed to stress your plants into early flower so they won't amount to anything. if you really want to be successful you'd grow proper photos anyway. there is no advantage to autos.

What's wrong with a 20/4 light schedule? They are due to be dropped down to 18/6

I'm not going to go for a proper fem I'll stick with my autos that's my preference. They seem to work for multiple other people?

And how has the lighting schedule stressed the plants when I've got another three growing successful under the same light

I think it's down to how lazy I've been with the buckets plus they've been on food from germination

What's wrong with a 20/4 light schedule? They are due to be dropped down to 18/6

doesn't allow proper build or rest for the plant. it can be done but you gain nothing. i get that you think it'll cut down on the grow period, but it doesn't.

autos go on their time not yours. photos go on your time.

I'm not going to go for a proper fem I'll stick with my autos that's my preference. They seem to work for multiple other people?

you've stressed them into early flower. they can't even reach the full potential they would have had even as autos.

And how has the lighting schedule stressed the plants when I've got another three growing successful under the same light

autos stress on very little. some are extremely sensitive. you've clearly pushed them too far already. there is no way they should be showing flower that small. the question will be is it worth the harvest size to finish them.

I think it's down to how lazy I've been with the buckets plus they've been on food from germination

just find one approach and stick with it. cannabis likes consistency. they'll fail every time under constant fussing. it's possible to love them too much.

doesn't allow proper build or rest for the plant. it can be done but you gain nothing. i get that you think it'll cut down on the grow period, but it doesn't.

autos go on their time not yours. photos go on your time.

you've stressed them into early flower. they can't even reach the full potential they would have had even as autos.

autos stress on very little. some are extremely sensitive. you've clearly pushed them too far already. there is no way they should be showing flower that small. the question will be is it worth the harvest size to finish them.

just find one approach and stick with it. cannabis likes consistency. they'll fail every time under constant fussing. it's possible to love them too much.

Okay so all together in the grow room I've got seven plants four of them have turned out fine haven't started flowering properly although they are about too going into week 5.

The smaller ones which I showed you are the youngest of the seven and are roughly about two weeks old now - I know they shouldn't be flowering yet nowhere near and I haven't done overly much different.

The only thing I've done different is with the eldest ones I didn't give them any food until mid week one so roughly about ten days after germination but with the baby plants they've been on drops of SHOGUN bottles from the minute they went into the soil at around three days old.

Tomorrow I'm going to adjust the timer to 18 hours on and six off per your advice and everyone else's I was actually under the assumption the longer the light on the more yield you'd get, my mistake lol!

I've got five white widows on the way and a gorrila zskittles I'll grow them for roughly ten days in the starter tray and then move them into there final 20L fabric pots.

Thanks for your continuous advice anyhow if you spot anything wrong with how I've explained it please pull me up on it - all the knowledge from you guys does help.

@bluter I've since removed the smallest three I really dont think it's worth the time especially with such a low yield.

I'll update you some pics with my oldest ones though from my perspective they look healthy just wanna focus on them for now.

Tomorrow I'm going to adjust the timer to 18 hours on and six off per your advice and everyone else's I was actually under the assumption the longer the light on the more yield you'd get, my mistake lol!
You were correct. Cannabis is categorized as a C3 plant because it does not need darkness to carry out its "dark cycle" processing, AKA the Calvin Cycle. Many growers confuse the need for plants to carry out "the dark cycle" with the thinking that the plant needs to be in darkness. This is incorrect. That's why cannabis is classified as a C3 plant.

Re. photoperiod - as far as I can tell there's no research on the topic of varying photoperiods. If anyone has uncovered any, please post links or PDF's (thank you 420 for letting us do that!). The best guidance I've found on this is from Dr. Bruce Bugbee (Google), who is perhaps the pre-eminent researcher in cannabis.

When he was asked about using 24/0 vs other lighting schedules, his answer was, paraphrasing, that you can use a 24/0 photoperiod for cannabis but, in his opinion, it's better to "give me a little rest". Given that, as do many other growers, my practice is to use photoperiods in the 18/6 to 21/3 range once they've reached mid-veg.

What is vitally important is the amount of light the plant receives over a 24 hours period, known as the "daily light integral" or DLI. In a nutshell, the more light you give cannabis, the greater your yield and the higher your crop quality* will be. The upper limit in a non-CO2 environment is 800-1000µmols and research has shown an almost linear increase in yield and quality as light levels increase. As Bugbee and others have stated, researchers have not yet found the upper limit for cannabis light levels in a CO2 enhanced environment.

*Crop quality is an industry term defined by ratio of the mass of stems, leaves, and flower harvested to the mass of the entire plant. Plants that receive a lot of light have lots of leaves and stems and will, therefore, tend to produce more flower. Plants that are receiving less than optimal light will tend to be tall with fewer leaves, larger internodal space, and limited inflorescence, resulting in reduced crop yield.

Sorry about the delay in providing pictures.

Currently in week 7 at the moment taking a week away from my germinating process. I do think the buds are still quite small however the growth has been perfect.

Considering my lemon which is the smaller one out the three was stunned it has done well considering the amount of bud sites available.

The AK48 is definitely the slowest one going into week 7 now and it's only just started to switch although the strains do vary on the timeframe will definitely stick to two for future preferences.

Any feedback would be appreciated - is my first one.

@Roy Growin @Delps8 @bluter

Snapchat-19027009.jpg

Snapchat-203864701.jpg

Snapchat-1509533422.jpg

Snapchat-854317491.jpg

Snapchat-117105702.jpg

Snapchat-928528478.jpg

Snapchat-1831275693.jpg

My advice.....

Work on yer pics. Focus, don't move, take like 12, pics 4 of them, or start again

Lots of light helps, blurry pics are sad for an amazing plant, so do them justice

FREE THE GOOD PICS!!!
DOWN WITH BLURRY PICS!!

:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom