First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

as for this site, its by far the best place ive come, the people here are all on a level and all offer advice and guidance, i cant thank the site enough for putting me in contact with people like you lot, it amazes me that we are miles apart yet all trying to achieve the same results, and ive made some pretty amazing friends along the way, plus it keeps my head in the right place and gives me something to do when i cant sleep, and im learning so much for the journals i keep reading, and i only read a small handfull and theirs hundreds i dont read, just not enough hours in a day, week or even a month, i try and keep a look in on cfl grows or people that have helped me, i want to learn all i can and improve on things that i need to improve on, before finding this site i would of just let my plants grow as normal but now i know all about nutrients and growing technics and lighting, i new none of this before this site, so thanks everyone,

thanks mate, i feel like a 5 year old waiting for xmas day, as for the lst, the 2 bigger plants the stems are solid and only flex very slightly, the only part i could train is the very tip, it moves a bit more and could possibly be trained, ill have a look in the morning and see how it all looks, so when i train this other one i keep training the side shoots as well, do i then let them grow upwards when i switch the lights to flower, so during veg i keep everything at the same level, and then when i go 12-12 do i stop the training and let the plant grow upwards then, is that what im trying to achieve.

the berry bomb thats just sprouted and has only just started to grow its first leaves is it best if i start training this now while its still just a little stem with no leaves on it, well just the 2 little round ones and sign of the new ones, would it be best to train this now then before the stem stiffens up, so when i start training and get it growing sideways then any shoots that come off it i pull them down as wel and train them to run sideways as well, then either when i switch to flower or run out of room which ever comes first do i then just let the plant start growing towards the lights then, is this what im trying to achieve.

im thinking the post will take a week or 2 to arrive but i cant wait, i know my plants are going to love it and bpn will give me the best chance possible of getting the best yield i can, so i cant wait, i am like a kid again, so thanks for making me feel like this, its been ages since i felt some kindness like this, it made my day it really has, people like you and jakester really do exist, you have all ready done loads by just giving me advice but you have gona above and beyond that,

thanks a lot, i hope my plants and me live up to the expectations of the bpn, i just hope i do it justice, i think my plants are looking healthy so bpn can only give them the extra boost they need and knowing corey's products are designed for one purpose then i just know my plants are going to thrive and produce all they can with these products, i just gota keep the smell down, and all should be good,

Wow DP, You sure have made leaps and bounds over a great many of the other beginners here. You've continued to research, read and learn, and haven't let a few negative experiences get you down. I told you if you continue doing what you were doing, that others would come along and help!
I'd like to say how humbled I am, by the kindness and williness to help, of teSmp and Jakester. I've loved this site for a long time because of the love, and kindness you experience here...But this act of kindness has seriously touched my heart.
You two are top shelf in my book, and have made this place an even greater place to be....+Reps to both of you, and to DpP too, for his tinacity!:high-five:
-Q:Namaste:

thanks mate, i feel like a 5 year old waiting for xmas day, as for the lst, the 2 bigger plants the stems are solid and only flex very slightly, the only part i could train is the very tip, it moves a bit more and could possibly be trained, ill have a look in the morning and see how it all looks, so when i train this other one i keep training the side shoots as well, do i then let them grow upwards when i switch the lights to flower, so during veg i keep everything at the same level, and then when i go 12-12 do i stop the training and let the plant grow upwards then, is that what im trying to achieve.

the berry bomb thats just sprouted and has only just started to grow its first leaves is it best if i start training this now while its still just a little stem with no leaves on it, well just the 2 little round ones and sign of the new ones, would it be best to train this now then before the stem stiffens up, so when i start training and get it growing sideways then any shoots that come off it i pull them down as wel and train them to run sideways as well, then either when i switch to flower or run out of room which ever comes first do i then just let the plant start growing towards the lights then, is this what im trying to achieve.

Here are the only pics I can find of the LST I've done, I'll probably be doing more of it in the near future too...
P5150003.JPG

P5150006.JPG

P5150007.JPG

P5150004.JPG

P5150002-1.JPG

P5150001-1.JPG

P5160004.JPG

P5160001-1.JPG

P5160002-1.JPG

You'll notice there is basicly just one anchor tie, and the rest after that are all pulling in the oposite direction. You might also notice that those stems were pretty rigid looking, but still took well to a gradual bend. I was wary of bending too, but don't fret. Give them one good anchor, so that the roots aren't pulled on when you start bending. Then, tie your next...whatever you use, and slowly bend until you feel there is a strong resistance, and secure. Come back 4 or 5 hours later, and pull it further down, and re secure.
I used a slit in the lip of my pot to secure the string. I tied knots in a few places along the length of my string, to secure in the slits in the lip of the pot. That way, when it came time to pull farther down on the stem, all I had to do was pull down on the string until the next knot latched into the slit....
Its early and I'm high, so if any of this doesn't make sense let me know lol...

ive also been adding full strength nutes and have not noticed any nute burn at all, is it worth pushing the nutes past the recomended dosage, as what im using is an all round nute for all types of plants 10.6 - 4.4 - 1.7, i have seen nutes that are as high as 30.0 in the N part, so does that mean i can give 3 times the amount of the nute im using or would that be way to much,

No-No-No my friend do not push the nutes passed the recommended amount cause major issues will develop that are very hard to overcome if they can even be cured other than massive flushes in fact if your leaves look green and perky i recommend cutting down the nutes cause you can do major damage by over feeding then u can ever encounter by underfeeding. Reading the leaves is your best diagnosis. :hippy:

i hear ya, ive not upped the nutes in fact ive not added any more for the last 3 days as i didnt want to cause problems when my bpn products turn up,
im only getting the chance to try bpn products due to the kindness from tesmp and jakester and even corey chipped in, i really cant thank them enough, i feel so chuffed to have found this site and the people on it, it truely is an amazing place to be, ive never met people as nice and as dedicated as the growers on this site, it really touched me knowing their are still some very nice people in this world, and i can not thank them enough,

corey emaild me a couple of hours ago with the receipt of shipping so should be with me in a few days so ive stopped the nutes im using as their an all round nute so ive stopped in case it causes any conflict or build up of anything in the soil that i dont need,

but my plants are looking great still, now im not sure if its because their an indica strain or not but the leaves seem a dark green colour and not a light green as my plants where in the past, maybe its the cfls i just dont know, ive got loads of growth and over night the lower branches have grown about an inch and have nodes growing on them now so i cant believe how they have really taken off,

not for the lst, ive done it to the northern lights x big bud fem and its now running sideways and its tied down using pipe cleaners and holes poked in the side of the pot all the way round, it took a day to train it but its now level with the pot and this is the smaller of the plants and growing slower but the new shoots at the stem are now facing upwards instead of pointing to the top of the stem so the lst has worked or should i say is working, so ill keep training it now till it reaches the end of the pot and it can even go further than the edge of the pot an inch or 2 so do i then run it round the pot keeping it at the same level and keep pulling down all the new shoots when they start growing up.

sorry for long ramble just trying to fit it all in,

so i tied the leaves back on the other 2 plants to allow light in and its had massive growth even over night, the lights are still 24-0, and the growth i think is still really good, ive lst my nl x bb, the berry bomb is just growing its first proper leaves so not sure what to do with this one whether i lst it or let it grow as is, ive also got my auto ready to sprout out the seed in kitchen roll n jiffy bag, took 2 days to crack so will be putting that in a pot tomorrow.

now with the auto, its G13 poisen dwarf auto, can this grow under 24-0 and flower under it as well, and what lights do i need to use, will it flower under 6500k cfls or will it only flower under 2700k, i have read about ruderalis strain and it pretty much flowers in any weather and light and stuff like that so im thinking it should be ok under my veg lights, with a couple of 2700k bulbs thrown in, unless im told otherwise, never grown auto before, they wasnt around i dont think much 10 years ago, i just bought it to give it a try and see the yield so i can decide what i want to grow with

also in the big video site i serched for cannabis 12-12 from seed and searched and came across loads of vids that show decent results, the one was using cfls and ufo lights but the cheap chinese ones and he got about 1oz a plant, do you think this is achievable on a regular basis or was he lucky to get them results, but their are a few on their that seem to have got good results, its not something i will go with yet but might give it a try, when i turn these to flower i might put a couple in just to compare the results, im trying to cut down on veg time without compromising the yield, i cant find any comparison charts on height to yield ratio, i know it wouldnt be exact due to strain and lights etc, but i would like to know if i put a 1ft plant to flower what is the rough expected yield, or is it best to flower before they get to this height,

my grows in the past was veg for ages as we didnt know what we was doing of how big we wanted the plants and they ended up 5ft bushes and produced well but took over 6 or 7 months to finish, i mean what is the average veg time before switching to flower,

i could keep vegin as long as i want but i dont want to drag it out when i can veg and take clones then flower it off then veg the clones and keep a sort of cycle going, im not growing for profit im not growing to sell, im growing for myself and to improve my life, the only people likely to share some is my sister and 1 or 2 friends at the most as they sort me out when im out, so its not like i need to get huge yields, just enough to keep me going from crop to crop, and im not even sure how much ill need,

just not sure on veg time or height before flower

you know i really wish my government would see how this plants products benefits the lives of people who need it, your always going to get people smoking it just for the enjoyment and you will never stop that and the same goes for drink you will always have under age drinkers, it just pisses me off that people who use it are labelled criminals, if could be controlled properly and it would put a lot of criminals out of business and that can only be a good thing, look how people end up after a good few drinks, and compare that to someone who has had a good few joints or vapes then tell me who is in more or less control, and who is likely to go smashing the place up, the law is wrong and the sooner its changed the better for all,

sorry just had to get it all out,

i mean heights not an issue, i could probably flower 4 or 5 plants in the space im using, im just debating on when to switch the lights, the 2 biggest plants are coming up to 4 weeks and their at about 7 or 8 inches high, they dont seem to be getting very tall, i mean its at about 4 nodes now and all the lower branches and shoots are nearly up to the top of the plant which im hoping is a good thing as i should have a pretty even bud height and should produce more bigger buds instead of one main cola, not sure if its the cfls causing this or the indica strain, i have how ever noticed tha the nl x bb has grown taller but not as bush and the leaves are thinner so thinking this must be a sativa cross, the berry bomb thats just shot up and is growing its first leaves seems to be stretching loads so maybe its just genes and not the lights,

i am going to see this grow through with cfls and see what i can achieve this way, i may try another method using the clones but want to keep costs as low as i can as money is very tight, so just trying to get the best i can with what i have got, but my plants are growing and they look healthy so far, plus things can only get better when bpn gets here so just waiting for it to arrive, like waiting till xmas day, i owe 3 people a huge thank you and just hope i do them justice, ill do my best i really will

G13 poisen dwarf auto, can this flower under 24-0 and what lights does it need to flower or is this strain totally none dependant on any night period or any kelvin type,

it should be ready to pot up tomorrow so gona put it in a bigish pot but not a 3gallon one as it wont need it i dont think, ive seen videos of growers getting 1oz off these using ufo lights and cfl;s not sure what to make of it, i only thought id give it a try and see what it produced under cfls and if it is worth using in the future or not,

thanks for the info, my veg plants are running at 24-0, and when my balcony gets the sun in the morning i put my plants out by my balcony door so they cant be seen from other flats so they get a hour or so of sun before it goes in the shade, i can always take the auto out and put it somewhere dark so it wont be a problem, just thought id get more off it using 24-0, the other thing is the lights, will it flower under veg lights or does it need to flower under 2700k cfls, i wonder if it would make much difference,

Hi donpaul.

will it flower under veg lights or does it need to flower under 2700k cfls, i wonder if it would make much difference,

They will flower under the 6500k veg lights no problem. But sticking a 2700k as well will help a lot. The vegging plants will also like it as it will mix up the spec a bit but majority of the lights will still be veg keeping things nice and bushy.

I just ordered some blue mystic autos and some standard indica ruderalis to play with maybe get a male to cross as the standard ruderalis auto's aren't fem, the blue mystic are. But i'll be growing them in my small veg room where 70% of the lighting will be 6500 and one 60w 2700k cfl. we got things going the same here so will be good to compare. I'll show you my new box when the new gear arrives. :peace:

thanks for all the info, the auto has gone in a pot now and should break soil in a day or 2, in my veg room its mainly 6500k bulbs but i have got 2 x 20watt 2700k bulbs in their as well, and today i picked up a 26watt 4000k cfl so this should cover more of the light spectrum,

so all been well the auto will stay in the veg room, my lights are on 24-0 but ill take the auto out and put it in dark place for 4 hours just in case it wont flower under 24-0,

G13 poisen dwarf, planted into soil today at 22:00pm the seed had cracked and shoot coming out of seed, seed case was very loose when put in the pot so im hoping it wont take long to break out the soil, will be interesting to see how an auto grows first hand, depending on the yield it may be the best option for me, i only want enough smoke to last me till next crop is ready so dont want a long veg time but dont want to cut it short just to flower it off and end up with small yield, im not even sure what im expecting off the plants, possibly half ounce to an ounce off each if im lucky, but its my first grow using cfl's so i may be aiming a little high on expected yield, well only time will tell

no probs mate, im sure someone will jump in and advise you on whether to lst outdoors or not, can anyone here advise him on whats best regarding an outdoor lst, is itsomething thats worth doing and would it produce more than it would if he let it grow as it is, i know that get big outside so not sure how the lst would work, wasnt sure if it would put to much weight on the stem and possibly snap it, could be supported, so if anyone can jump in and offer advise on an outdoor lst, then post the advise here or jump to Deege420's grow journal, i dont mind you posting comments here about his outdoor lst, just as long as someone can offer some advice then thats all that matters,

Lst can be used outdoors. I don;t believe it will increase yield, but just gives you a shorter bushier plant. I've grown outdoors for years without doing it, but I have a huge wooded backyard where no one can see anything.

Back
Top Bottom