First Grow: 2 white widows

Thanks UGod and HHGreen. I think that's the way I'll make my butter unless someone changes my mind.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the ladies on their 50th day flowering.

DSC012881.JPG

DSC01308.JPG

DSC01305.JPG

DSC013071.JPG

Thanks Boss.. I think I'll be upgrading after this grow too. Something with a vent in the hood, more wattage, maybe a cool tube. And anything to keep the heat down. I know my plants suffered alot cuz of the high temps.

dude, even though you say they suffered it seems you got a pretty healthy yield!:cheesygrinsmiley: great job and are all those buds purple? or just some in certain spots??

Hey thanks Filla. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with the results ... but there's definitely room for improvement. And the purple ... I'm not really sure cuz of the hps. It's really hard to tell their true color under such intense light, so I guess I won't know until I chop em' down.

I'm really toasted right now. I just smoked a small bud I took off the small plant. I dried it in a paper bag for 5 days and I microwaved it for 20 seconds before smoking. Harsh smoke but mellow high. Can't wait till it's all cured.

lol pardon me asking, but why did you microwave your weed?:rofl: must have bee nan intresting aroma in the air after that.lol glad to hear about the smoke though.

No prob... I microwaved it cuz after I picked the bud apart a little, I noticed it was still moist. So that dried it up a bit more. Still it wasn't enough, I had to keep lighting it to smoke. I'll make sure to dry and cure everything properly from here on. Still, feels nice to experience a new high.

lol and use a microwave in the smoking process:p

Hey thanks Billy. You know what's weird, the bud I smoked last night, from the small plant, was really covered in trichomes so I couldn't see it's true color until I broke it up. And sure enough, there's definitely a hint of purple.

The weird part? What are the odds that I grow two white widows and they both have purple in their genes? Is it temporary? Will it change after it's cured correctly? Did Nirvana send me different seeds? lol eh we'll see :loopy::smokin:

I just finished a grow with White Widow from Nirvana as well. You definitely have more light on yours and the yield will be better, but mine turned purple as well. I researched this and found White Widow strains are pre-disposed to purpling under the right environmental conditions (i.e.- a temperature drop during the night cycle towards the end of flowering). Part of my crop is cured now and some of the purpling was lost, but much of it remained.

Nice! (<~Borat accent lol)

Thanks Mister. That's great info. +rep!
So what do you think of the smoke? What should I look forward to?

On a fucked up note, I just broke my vaporizer whip trying to clean it. Those things get grimey!

Here are some pictures I took yesterday before they each got flushed. Wish I had a better camera to show the pretty colors. The buds closer to the bottom have a pinkish hue to them. The colas at the top have a darker, less defined purple. As far as looks go, I'm very pleased. 2 or 3 more days and I'm choppin them down.

DSC013131.JPG

DSC013121.JPG

DSC01314.JPG

DSC013171.JPG

DSC01324.JPG

DSC013231.JPG

DSC01325.JPG

DSC013261.JPG

WOW! looks tasty. is that a line 6 i see in the back? what kind of music you play??

Hey thanks guys. Filla I guess I play alternative(?). I'm mostly influenced by Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Cafe Tacuba. Right now I'm listening to Led Zeppelin's BBC Sessions. Wow!

lolniice variety. i myself stick to mostly metal.i enjoy playing the funk.:] again those plants look amazing. did you lst or super crop?

Metal's dope too man. Anything with energy and emotion works for me.

I didn't lst or supercrop either of the plants. I did try lst on a plant that turned out male. But it makes more sense to me now to either lst all of them or non. It gets tricky trying to prop up the plants closer to the light.

well any guitar with actual skill or time put in to it is worth listening to.

well enjoy the plants man they look like they hold an interesting buzz.:bongrip:

Metal's dope too man. Anything with energy and emotion works for me.

I didn't lst or supercrop either of the plants. I did try lst on a plant that turned out male. But it makes more sense to me now to either lst all of them or non. It gets tricky trying to prop up the plants closer to the light.

Back
Top Bottom