First Grow: 2 white widows

3, 4 ounces would be dope! Actually, I was planning to stop smoking a couple weeks before harvest. This way my system would be kinda clean and I'd get a bad ass high, but I'm fooling myself. I can't stop smoking! Everytime I look at the plants I wanna spark.

lol... Ugod- 3.5oz got it!

Hey Boss, you think it's better to start bending slightly? Or to have the main cola directly under the light(without the bending)?

What I do is... sometimes I tie the stalk up to keep it straight for a couple days cuz it bends naturally. So right now, it's getting the best of both worlds. I keep rotating the plants to make sure all the buds get an equal amount of strong light.

gonna get soem fat bitches huh?lol excuse my french. but seriously those girls will fatten up liek oprah at a buffet.:cheesygrinsmiley:good job man

What can I say.. I'm a chubby chaser. Thanks Filla, I really hope they fatten up. I wasn't expecting such good results!

Hey Green! .. they are gettin close the light. Its tripped me out that they haven't shown any signs of heat stress. I guess they've grown tolerant of the heat since it's been really high from the beginning. I peek in on them ever couple of hours or so. I think there's a danger of the lights bleaching the plant. Would that have any affect on quality?

Surprise surprise! So this morning I decide to take a sample bud from the big plant to dry and see how it smokes. But after looking at it through a different light (not hps), the buds look purple! Weird, seeing as how the night temps only get to 65-69 degrees.

Then I thought maybe they just haven't fully matured yet, but not likely cuz they're on their 8th week (day 50). Nirvana White Widow recommends flowering for 8-10 weeks. I'm planning on flushing the entire 10th week. Think that's a good idea?

The trichomes are about 25% milky 75% clear. Seeing as how I like UP highs, I was thinking of chopping them down soon. But I know if I keep them under the lights longer, they'll put on some more weight. Decisions decisions! What do you guys think? Sorry about the picture quality.

DSC01274.JPG

DSC012851.JPG

DSC01280_edited.JPG

DSC01276.JPG

DSC01277.JPG

Ok so two more weeks it is! Thanks Moose and Green.

Yeah I hadn't noticed the purple the whole time because of the hps lighting. But damn what a surprise! I wonder if it'll keep that color through the curing process.

Hey Green, when you use trimmings for cannabutter, are you supposed to grind the trimmings into a fine powder before adding it to the butter? If so, which method do you use to get it that way? I'm askin cuz I noticed you're a chef.

Hmm your buds look tasty,great color to them.

I have very little experience with using trim, mostly due to the fact that i havent been growing for that long. Moose will have some expert advice for you but i would assume that if slowly simmered in the butter that you would not need to grind the trim too fine. The more you handle the trim, the more trichs/thc you lose. If you use a cheese cloth to strain the trim from the butter, how finely you grind it should not matter, however.

Back
Top Bottom