First Grow - 2x250 Watt CFL With Supplementing LEDs

how smelly is that plant? do you run a carbon filter on that?

Just trying to decide if i will need one or not. Im hoping I can weather strip my front door to control the smell. I could cut a hole in the wall and run a filter, but im trying to avoid it at all costs. Plant is looking great by the way. Hopefully it fattens up more for you these next two weeks. IMO its a bit early. But you've gotten this far buddy, trust YOUR gut.

it is early, i was just going off the rate at which the pistils are turning orange and curling in. do have some pretty fat buds though, the pics dont do justice.

as for the smell; it is pretty incredible, and yes i am running a carbon filter which has helped immensely. i walked in the front door last weekend and my whole place smelled so skunky it was almost like jet fuel o_O so i turned on the filter and it helped a lot. but now that i have been smelling the skunkiness all week and gotten used to it, i am also starting to smell undertones of pepper and coffee and this plant just smells freakin delicious :drool:

okay, thats what most people say. I know how much a plant can smell in flower. Long story short, my nose led me to a few plants in the local woods as a teenager. And thats outdoors!!! I smelled it clearly from 25-30 feet away. So i can only imagine the smell being trapped indoors. I could blow the exhaust into the crawl space under my bathtub, easy fix.

New photo's looking great! I reckon 2-3 weeks away until she is ready. It's amazing how much weight they put on in the final weeks. As you approach harvest time are you tempted to lop the tops off and stagger the harvest? Run the lower buds for an extra 10 days. I have done this before and recommend it! It certainly added to the yield.

yea im starting to think 2-3 instead of 1-2.

and you are the second person to recommend harvesting in two stages, for some extra ripening. i am seriously considering it.

the big problem right now is i dont get paid til the 1st

i am completely out of green

and i have a semi-ripe plant in my closet.

idk how much self control i have

yea im starting to think 2-3 instead of 1-2.

and you are the second person to recommend harvesting in two stages, for some extra ripening. i am seriously considering it.

the big problem right now is i dont get paid til the 1st

i am completely out of green

and i have a semi-ripe plant in my closet.

idk how much self control i have

I understand. Maybe just take a few pop corn buds off the lower part of the plant then. Put them in a brown envelope. I have been there, I used to take a few off and use the lap top fan to dry them. They shrink like mad, but they get you stoned.

Whatever you have to do to run that plant for longer, do it! Tick weed, sell x box games, whatever... LOL The plant will be worth much more to you if you keep it running longer. Tell your employer your washing machine broke and you need a sub. They can pay you a % of your wages early. I have cut plants early before, they buds shrink when they dry. Trying to help save you the pain.

its funny you mention that, blazin

because i also happen to have an ENTIRE OTHER JOURNAL I HAVE BEEN KEEPING THAT NOBODY HAS BEEN COMMENTING ON AT ALL -.-

but yes i just switched my first DWC plant to flower a few days ago. i should actually update that thread now i think about it. i had some issues with root rot, and the my first plant isnt gonna be as big as i would have hoped, but the clones i took from this grow are taking off as well

hey guys sorry its been a while since i updated.

i decided i am going to harvest tomorrow. she is definitely ripe, the buds have fattened up a TON (i have plucked off a few to sample, and because i was out lol), all the trichomes are a milky white, the pistils are a burnt orange and almost completely curled in, and with a ton a purple filling in the sugar leaves as well! almost all the fan leaves have fallen off, and i just can't wait any longer, she looks to damn delicious!

the couple buds i took tasted amazing for only having dried for a couple days. definitely harsh, dont get me wrong, but barely a hint of chlorophyll flavor, mostly tasted like fruit and, well, weed. even now as im typing i am completely stoned off of one bowl full, very mellow, very stoned, body type high, and great for pain management lol i can't feel a thing. i'm going to post two huge updates tomorrow on my harvest here, as well as updating my DWC grow which has really taken off after i fixed something major. about to take clones off sindra, and the twins i took off the first grow are just exploding.

stay tuned!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom