First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

Nice plants. They look great and healthy:thumb:

Welcome Raselista. Well, it's just the one girl remaining and she'll look different in a few hours when she gets up canned. I really am very apprehensive of up canning in bloom but she wants new roots and can't get them without me pressing her a little.

Your plant growing skills are impressive. I've got to be honest, I find the fact you can sew far more intriguing! Good luck potting up MJ!

Actually....I got my Flowermate mini vaporizer yesterday and this whole project might be delayed. Right now this PC is pretty difficult to use.

Gonna plug Puffitup(dot)com. Excellent packing, prompt shipping and excellent customer service. :lot-o-toke:

Mary - day 91
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

A day of change here. I unleashed Mary from her screen, took her out, cleaned her up and got a few new pics. I made a temporary fabric pot to hold more mix and more fluids. The cab's air intake is not completely blocked so I'll need to move a small fan back inside for some air movement. The cab does have a small exhaust fan. I certainly hope I haven't fouled this up. I'm thinking this may have 4 perhaps 5 more weeks but we'll take it a day at a time. I love my new vaporizer.

IMG_171724.JPG
IMG_171618.JPG

She got pretty wide even being cramped in that cabinet

IMG_171821.JPG

The root ball. I scuffed it a bit when I up canned it to its new home

IMG_171916.JPG

The new fabric mix holder squeezed in the plastic tray.

IMG_172018.JPG

IMG_172117.JPG

This will be the last time I adjust this grow. Now if she would just go back to stretching a bit and continue to stack on to those buds. I guess I could do some back building. Hmmmm?

Wait until the buds are set better. Back building the buds is all about the timing. Light Addict would be thrilled to point you to examples of how it's done best, if you haven't already sought those links out. I can tell you that it builds pretty buds, but not necessarily bigger ones. The jury's still out on that, and I don't know if we can really prove or disprove it, since there are so many variables. I enjoyed playing with it, but never bothered after that first grow.

Loving the DIY fabric pot Jim. Reps for that. The plastic tray it's in isn't deep enough to cut the oxygen flow either, so good there too. Nice initiative and well executed. :thumb:

"Happy destiny" indeed. :battingeyelashes:

It's a blessing and a curse Jim. Keep that in mind. I've had the questionable pleasure of finding that out more than once. :battingeyelashes:

Mary - day 92
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

I was pleased this morning that Mary looks so good. I didn't realize until late yesterday that I had unplugged the exhaust fan for a several hours. Temps got as high as 104 F at some point although I notice it when it was 99 F when I fixed it. Also moved the small fan back inside to move air. The lights below were returned this morning even if it only helps to develop popcorn buds on those lower stems. All is good now as far as I can tell.

First pic at lights on this morning

IMG_172220.JPG

After I added lamps below

IMG_172722.JPG

Shot from below looking up

IMG_172822.JPG

IMG_172422.JPG

IMG_172622.JPG

IMG_172522.JPG

She's already begun the fade Jim. How exciting. You're coming into the home stretch. :yahoo: I'm in a Starbucks and can't really jump up and down with glee without drawing quizzical stares. I'll jump again here, but I'm giggling in Starbucks.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :laughtwo:

I'm so excited for you Jim. :laughtwo:

She's already begun the fade Jim. How exciting. You're coming into the home stretch. :yahoo: I'm in a Starbucks and can't really jump up and down with glee without drawing quizzical stares. I'll jump again here, but I'm giggling in Starbucks.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :laughtwo:

Hmmmm, new term here. What do you mean by this fade thing? I want her to continue to thrive. I saw
B A R's comment when you up canned a bloomer about growing trichomes and not leaves. What is fade?

Hmmmm, new term here. What do you mean by this fade thing? I want her to continue to thrive. I saw
B A R's comment when you up canned a bloomer about growing trichomes and not leaves. What is fade?

The pistils are beginning to turn red. This is the beginnings of maturity. I think they call it the Fade because at this point the plant does begin to slowly fade, but don't quote me on this. Harvest is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

B A R reminds me of that with regularity because I'm so enamored with leaves that I sometimes forget. :laughtwo:

I take fade to mean when plants turn from summer to autumn. Leaves change green to yellow, pistils begin to retract and change color.

Only my interpretation, mind you. There is still a couple weeks after fade begins to build bud.

I am still a newb, my first indoor grow was this spring, my journal is technically my third indoor and my second girl.

I think you will be happy with the smoothness of yours. The quality came as a shock to me. Mind you, the bag seed i had was weak and of poor quality to start with so It could only get better.
( - : cheers!

The pistils are beginning to turn red. This is the beginnings of maturity. I think they call it the Fade because at this point the plant does begin to slowly fade, but don't quote me on this. Harvest is now a light at the end of the tunnel.

Ok...so now that's good information. Thank you SweetieSue

I take fade to mean when plants turn from summer to autumn. Leaves change green to yellow, pistils begin to retract and change color.

Only my interpretation, mind you. There is still a couple weeks after fade begins to build bud.

I am still a newb, my first indoor grow was this spring, my journal is technically my third indoor and my second girl.

I think you will be happy with the smoothness of yours. The quality came as a shock to me. Mind you, the bag seed i had was weak and of poor quality to start with so It could only get better.
( - : cheers!

OK...good. I need a little more time as I haven't begun the nourishing that is start with the next feeding and mix was really soaked after transplant. Next feeding will get a bloom, some overdrive and some molasses. I want at least two feedings of the molasses but I can't even tell you now who suggested the two weeks.

It sounds to me that my little harvest is just around the corner, perhaps around the end of November. Let's see if all this works out.

Thanks for all the information.

Mary - day 94
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

She's still looking good to me. Sometime this week she gets more bloom nutes and perhaps a bit of Overdrive, just because they sent me a sample bottle. I want to add some molasses. It's just in my mind that I believe the molasses will add to the bud's flavor and also be stimulative to development. Anyway, here are the pics from this morning just before lights on.

IMG_175821.JPG

IMG_176121.JPG

IMG_176024.JPG

Mary - day 95
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

I suspect that I'm supposed to start guessing as to how many weeks these have left and the truth is I don't have a clue. I'm going to provide the grow/bloom mix to them later today. They will also have a supplement of humic acid, AN Overdrive and molasses. Somehow, I'll figure out if I'm over-doing it with these things.

Starting to get a little frosty. I'm thinking this aspect of bud development is what I will be concentrating on going forward. Well, that and new pistils, trichome development and color and all that other stuff that I've not experienced yet.

That last humidity reading is much better..... And I may have missed someone replying to your molasses statement but it is a great thing to add to your water... It is great for the soil and a good source of sugars for your girls...:circle-of-love:

Thanks D. Well, this soil mix was just a shot in the dark and could be better with amendments and some cooking.

This house retains humidity at this time of the year. I've been running a dehumidifier for much of the day and it does a good job. I dump about a gallon of grey water every two days.

Thanks for dropping in. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom