First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

I'm with you on let that pollen go. If you're going to breed have some awareness of the genetics. Good job Jim. Now you know. Feels like s**t, doesn't it? Yeah, all that input to learn that males typically take on that tall profile. Go back over your pictures and familiarize yourself with them. I'd watched them all along, wondering. I'm still new to this too, but males present a particular structural development. If you look you'll see where they suddenly shot upwards and grew what almost looks like little crowns? If you compare them to your Tent Girls I think it'll be clearer.

It's a valuable lesson. You can recognize the development in the future. You can also choose to grow feminized seeds. Of course, future breeding projects will require a male and you need to be able to spot them early so they don't explode all over the harem. It's recently come to my attention that all the best plants being grown around here these days are created by the inspired crossings pulled off by our creative cultivators, so I'm gonna be standing at your elbow some day Jim encouraging you to "bag that branch with the pollen sacs off" so you can join their numbers. :laughtwo:

Maybe someday I can grow some of your seeds. Wouldn't that be nice? Yeah, I thought so too. :laughtwo:

Curl up in a comfy chair and get loaded. Better days are growing happily in your tent. :hug: :love:

Edit: Those are some nice pictures Jim. You've been holding out on us. Careful, we spoil easy. :battingeyelashes:

Now you see why you really bought that little tent? Early veg and clones. Look how far ahead you were thinking and didn't even realize it. :laughtwo:

Now you see why you really bought that little tent? Early veg and clones. Look how far ahead you were thinking and didn't even realize it. :laughtwo:

But wait!

I took the screen off and pulled them out. I note again here that my vision is not great.

Carol was already cut down and over the fence and I came back in to get Mary and looked at her closer. No balls here. Pistils are evident here. Juvenile and immature but I think you can see them. Back in the cab she went.

IMG_146116.JPG

View image in gallery

I think this is the one showing the pistils the best

Absolutely! More room in there for her to expand. :yahoo:

Excellent Jim. :high-five:

Whew! Came close there, eh? Look at that. More work for you. Haha! This will be exciting. My own bag seed has turned out to be an interesting skunky strain of indeterminate genetics that at least smells promising. I'll be interested to see how little Mary turns out.

Mary - day 75
12/12 Started 10/3/2015

Thanks to all the 420 crowd who have gone through this grow with me. You folks are the best! :circle-of-love:

I decided to re-string the screen and place it back above Mary. I'm just hoping she survives this stress and that I don't break a branch. So far so good. I also modified the bottom lamp with a Y adapter so the cab will now have an abundance of light. Two below, 3 on top. I'm determined to have some nice buds.

I also decided to give the deceased a proper autopsy. He wasn't as root bound as I thought it might be and the roots were healthy white.

What she looked like before I put the screen back on

IMG_146918.JPG

New bottom CFLs. They are not touching any plant material. I'll watch closely for any heat damage.

IMG_147116.JPG

Jammed the screen back and spread her branches.

IMG_147222.JPG
IMG_147325.JPG

Carol's official Autopsy - Cause of death: She was a manly man

IMG_147420.JPG
IMG_147518.JPG
IMG_147622.JPG

Well damn Jim, those are some mighty nice roots you grew there. Gotta give you reps for that. What you have illustrated there is a specimen perfect for upcanning by cutting the bottom inch or so off (where the majority of the root-bound part, including that mat on the bottom is found) before plopping it into a bigger pot.

I understand Mary is in her finish pot. I only point out the teachable moment. This illustration was a perfect look at that situation. I appreciate your taking the time to post it Jim.

Hehe... "She was a manly man." :rofl:

The under lighting is a brilliant move. You won't regret it. Surround that baby in LIGHT

How funny that we ended up culling males at the same time. :laughtwo: It always feels a bit frantic to find pollen sacs forming, and it surprises me every time how quickly that happens. I find it easy to understand how that can get away from you in a crowded tent.

How funny that we ended up culling males at the same time. :laughtwo: It always feels a bit frantic to find pollen sacs forming, and it surprises me every time how quickly that happens. I find it easy to understand how that can get away from you in a crowded tent.

Yep. Mine actually gave me a couple of days but you know I was watching them very closely. I'm contemplating my next grow might be automatics only because I want a quick turn but if Jack Herer and White Widow turn out to be everything that the seed bank hype is, I might just make a new decision. In any event, I have plenty of time to think about all this.

Back
Top Bottom