First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

Mary -day 44; Carol -day 46. Bright green. I didn't even take a close look with the loupe today. Gave a misting and drying outside the cab by fan. They'll go back under the lights after they dry. Have a great day folks. Jim

IMG_108836.JPG
IMG_108732.JPG
IMG_108637.JPG
IMG_108526.JPG

Mary -day 44; Carol -day 46. Bright green. I didn't even take a close look with the loupe today. Gave a misting and drying outside the cab by fan. They'll go back under the lights after they dry. Have a great day folks. Jim

Click for larger images.

IMG_108836.JPG
IMG_108732.JPG
IMG_108637.JPG
IMG_108526.JPG

I like that little sashay Carol has going on. They're looking good Jim. You realize you're already hooked, don't you? Growing your own is a blessing and a curse. The best you're going to smoke, but you will never be satisfied with less again. That's ok though. We'll have you harvesting more than you need. * Sigh * Such a wonderfully, warm and comfortable feeling to finally have enough on hand and the next harvest coming up behind.

Hey MagicJim, check your PMs.

Mary Day 45; Carol Day 47

The girls continue to grow. Hmmm...I'd like to put these two under a screen to develop a canopy.

IMG_109732.JPG
IMG_109631.JPG

I'll give you a peek at the tent girls---- White Widow first, then Jack Herer. They went into their 1 gal pots really quick because I saw some ugly stuff growing on that Jiffy seed starter and I wanted them in my mix. :Namaste:

IMG_109335.JPG
IMG_109438.JPG

Nice start on them Jim. I get so impatient with this stage. Steady as she goes.

Is there any way to reorient the CFLs so the side of the bulb faces the plants instead of the end? You'll get better results that way, since that's where the usable light is emitted. Obviously, they'll grow regardless, but they'll produce better everything with optimal orientation.

Nice start on them Jim. I get so impatient with this stage. Steady as she goes.

Is there any way to reorient the CFLs so the side of the bulb faces the plants instead of the end? You'll get better results that way, since that's where the usable light is emitted. Obviously, they'll grow regardless, but they'll produce better everything with optimal orientation.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that there's enough depth in the cabinet to reorient them. I'll just need to attach the chain differently which is actually a great idea. Working on it! :idea:

Mary - day 46; Carol - day 48

Lights were reoriented as best that I could. I'll work on adjustment again today. Girls got 1 cup nute mix this morning. I think most growers do Nute/Water/Water. Because of the weak strength of my nute mix I'm doing Water/Nute/Nute until I determine if this needs to change. I really didn't take a good look this morning for sex. I give them a thorough look when I work on that lamp fixture. Jim

IMG_110833.JPG
IMG_110930.JPG
IMG_110738.JPG

Tent girls are looking pretty IMO. Seed cups no action. JH first, then WW

IMG_111733.JPG
IMG_111836.JPG
IMG_111626.JPG

Looking good Jim. Kudos on the chain holding the strip in place. :laughtwo: Had to laugh though 'cause the picture popped up and I thought "Ha! That's exactly what I would have done." LOL!

Don't be afraid to get those lights closer Jim. If it's not too uncomfortable against the back of your hand it's not too hot for the plants. I keep mine within 1 1/2" if I can. That's why I picked up those little lamps with the goosenecks to be able to get them right in there. :)hmmmm: need to pick up a few more tomorrow) My bulbs are 23W and yours are obviously higher wattage, but see if you can get them just a smudge closer Jim. They'll thank you for it.

Environment is holding steady. Good work Jim. Drives you a little nuts not knowing the sex, doesn't it? Yeah, we all share your angst. Hang in there. You're getting valuable experience.

Have a splendiferous day Jim. See you around the neighborhood. Gotta check on responses. Carnival finally got thirsty. :laughtwo:

I keep getting all kinds of good suggestions. Toast dropped by and made a suggestion to improve the temperature so I modified the lights to 2 - 100 W 6500k and 1 - 60 W 6500k. He's my kind of guy.

Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal - Page 24

Lamp fixture was adjusted by attaching the chain to front eye hooks that I added this morning and I placed 8 oz of ballast to rear hooks so the lights would level somewhat. I love this engineering that I do using fishing equipment. Jim

IMG_112034.JPG

I keep getting all kinds of good suggestions. Toast dropped by and made a suggestion to improve the temperature so I modified the lights to 2 - 100 W 6500k and 1 - 60 W 6500k. He's my kind of guy.

Lem's 2015 Indoor/Outdoor/Anywhere It'll Grow Journal - Page 24

Lamp fixture was adjusted by attaching the chain to front eye hooks that I added this morning and I placed 8 oz of ballast to rear hooks so the lights would level somewhat. I love this engineering that I do using fishing equipment. Jim

IMG_112034.JPG

Well done Jim. Impressively thorough in your creative expression. Extra points for that.

I stopped back to thank you in the strongest terms possible without a real hug for leading me to what I believe is the best journal running now. Reps for that. :kisstwo:

Brilliant light set up. My grow is in a tent about the size of your original cabinet, so I know you can understand my grow constraints. I love the big tent looks like great fun. whoooot!

I am so more than happy to follow along the adventure.
((My first indoor was bag seed to 'test the waters', environment and what not, as well.))
cheers!

Brilliant light set up. My grow is in a tent about the size of your original cabinet, so I know you can understand my grow constraints. I love the big tent looks like great fun. whoooot!

I am so more than happy to follow along the adventure.
((My first indoor was bag seed to 'test the waters', environment and what not, as well.))
cheers!

Welcome aboard KB. Thanks. Jim

Subscribed MagicJim, I need to go back and read your journal as soon as I can get life to slow down just a little.

Thanks Outraged.... Until this morning the light source was almost 93 million miles away.
This made my week, subbed and thanks for the great laugh. :thanks: &:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom