First Grow - Bag Seeds - Germinated July 27 2015

The Big Ass Carbon Filter (BACF) is now in the house. Installation was a pain in ass. Jimmy Engineering at its finest.

Some strap material and some nuts & bolts

IMG_103627.JPG

Straps installed

IMG_103928.JPG

Straps different angle

IMG_104030.JPG

BACF

IMG_104128.JPG

I bought a 6' x 1 3/8" steel flat bar. I cut this in half and smoothed and taped edges. Then I fished and bent them around the tent internals and somehow fashioned the two pieces into a ceiling mount. More tape to clean it up and bolted the ends tight. Lock nuts used. It's not going anywhere.

IMG_104227.JPG

So this is the base mount that I had to attach to the inline fan. It will have to be matched up to the ceiling mount. Air flow direction is important fact here.

IMG_104323.JPG

Hold it up with bad arm feed bolt through top and thread nut on with other hand - Houdini style.

IMG_104424.JPG

IMG_104625.JPG

Joints taped and duct attached and out the side. I'll make one more strap to support the duct and clean up all these wires. Function tested and all is ok. I'm glad I bought the variable speed control. Full speed is not necessary.

IMG_104521.JPG

It really was fun doing this. It took me 5 hours but that included 1 trip to Lowe's, 25 minute phone call from my sister and about another 20 minutes for a sandwich. It sure felt good to shower after this adventure. Jim

I laughed all the way through this Jim. Still laughing as I type, making it hard to see the keyboard. :laughtwo: I did my own, or should I say , I tried. :rofl: Put the tent up without instructions. Were you dripping in sweat too? :laughtwo: Ahhhh..... Good times. LOL!

In the end I had to have my daughter come over to help me hang it. Those suckers are heavy. :laughtwo: I'm laughing with you Jim. I liked the Houdini reference. So thematic.

Seriously...... good laugh Jim. Ahhh. I'm much impressed by the metal reinforcement bars. I attached white wire shelving to the cross pieces, forming a strengthening gridwork that I could hang those CFLs I'm so fond of from. It also gave me greater freedom for hanging the LED panels. (I still can't believe I have all those lights.) It was a good thing I used the shelving because I didn't put the crosspieces up correctly (no directions with the used, but free tent), so it saved my behind.

I'm so glad you have all your stuff up and running. WooHoo!!! Now the real fun begins. I seem to recall this is your first attempt at cannabis cultivation? Tell me we get to watch the thrill of your first harvest. :battingeyelashes: Oh Jim, what fun. :love:

I laughed all the way through this Jim. Still laughing as I type, making it hard to see the keyboard. :laughtwo: I did my own, or should I say , I tried. :rofl: Put the tent up without instructions. Were you dripping in sweat too? :laughtwo: Ahhhh..... Good times. LOL!

In the end I had to have my daughter come over to help me hang it. Those suckers are heavy. :laughtwo: I'm laughing with you Jim. I liked the Houdini reference. So thematic.

Seriously...... good laugh Jim. Ahhh. I'm much impressed by the metal reinforcement bars. I attached white wire shelving to the cross pieces, forming a strengthening gridwork that I could hang those CFLs I'm so fond of from. It also gave me greater freedom for hanging the LED panels. (I still can't believe I have all those lights.) It was a good thing I used the shelving because I didn't put the crosspieces up correctly (no directions with the used, but free tent), so it saved my behind.

I'm so glad you have all your stuff up and running. WooHoo!!! Now the real fun begins. I seem to recall this is your first attempt at cannabis cultivation? Tell me we get to watch the thrill of your first harvest. :battingeyelashes: Oh Jim, what fun. :love:

Yes....I was dripping in sweat and wasn't wearing a head band. It would have been so much easier with an assistant but working through this by myself keeps it more secure. Still planning for first harvest on the girls in the cabinet assuming they are girls. Still more work to be done there. They might get the RAW nutes today and then - boom, shake the room. Haha. Jim

Mary - Day 41; Carol - Day 43

The girls got their first dose of the RAW nutes (Grow 1/2 TBS/1 gal, Cal-Mag 1/16 TBS/1 gal) I think this is 1/2 recommended but I'd have to check. PH = 6.47 TDS 365.

Application given was 2 cups each. Run-off Mary was TDS 522 Carol was TDS 491. Both had PH 5.62. Run-off was measured at 1/4 cups for both.

I have pretty high expectations for solid growth for these babies now. Loupe should be here tomorrow and I think my old eyes see some female characteristics but I'm still not sure. My macro shots still aren't good quality but I'll add them here anyway.

Environment

IMG_105336.JPG

Carol

IMG_105630.JPG
IMG_105425.JPG
IMG_105532.JPG

Mary

IMG_105726.JPG
IMG_105824.JPG
IMG_105931.JPG

My old, sad Man Pipe.....going to get it right now

IMG_104727.JPG

Nice pipe Jim. Check this one out. It's a regular tobacco pipe, but we've used it for cannabis many time in the past.

image32261.jpg

Your plants don't look old enough to be showing sex. The plant develops trichomes over every tiny bit above the soil surface. That's possibly what you're seeing? They're single cell in height, but you can still make them out. The frostiness we're looking for has a mushroom-like helmet.

Does your loupe have a light on it? I don't know if that's common. We bought Dale's for fossil collecting and that light was invaluable for inspecting rock matrix. It works pretty well for looking for trichomes too :battingeyelashes:

You're going to have pistils pop out within the next couple days Jim. Isn't it exciting? :slide: Makes me giggle how exciting one little plant can be. I had another Thunderpaws come through the dirt today and I danced a dance of joy when I saw it. :laughtwo: :yahoo:

You're going to have pistils pop out within the next couple days Jim. Isn't it exciting? :slide: Makes me giggle how exciting one little plant can be. I had another Thunderpaws come through the dirt today and I danced a dance of joy when I saw it. :laughtwo: :yahoo:

Yep...took microscope out and got some very bad photos of pistils forming but I could see them before I clicked for pic. Scope is handheld and has to be carefully positioned and software is pure crap at times. Jim

Oh! You have a digital one? How wonderful! Mine is a hand held manual, old school. :laughtwo: I'll anticipate an improvement in pictorial quality then Jim, as you gain more famaliarity with the software. Every time I use mine I wish I had a digital that would sync with my iPad.

I let the daughter take my computer and she needs to return it since she doesn't use it anymore. If/WHEN I get it back I can load the pictures into the gallery in bulk instead of one at a time. What a joy that will be. :battingeyelashes:

Decent environmental control and signs of pre-flowering and possible downright pistils! :yahoo: now the fun really starts. :laughtwo:

Look at that, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. LOL!

September 11, 2015

Never forget. This day always makes me so sad. Nothing much to report on the girls today. Out of about 10 microscope shots I only got 3 that had acceptable focus. They are soon going to show definitive sex characteristics.

Environment
IMG_108035.JPG

Mary
IMG_108127.JPG

Carol
IMG_108238.JPG

Microscope shots
Image241001.jpg
Image261000.jpg
Image34102.jpg

Your girls (fingers crossed) look lovely. Such sweet lines in the healthy leaves. Have they captured your heartstrings? Mine do that when they pop through the surface. :laughtwo:

I've never been able to forget how quiet the skies were that first week. We'd just opened a new tattoo studio location that month and everything stopped dead for days.

Never forget.

Decent environmental control and signs of pre-flowering and possible downright pistils! :yahoo: now the fun really starts. :laughtwo:

Look at that, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. LOL!

You know exactly what you're talking about. Top shelf stuff you got going on! I read somewhere that the reddish color in that stem could be mag deficiency. Ever heard that? Jim

Many strains exhibit that tendency. I wouldn't worry about mag deficiency at this point. Maybe someday I'll be able to entice you to try LOS and you'll never have to think about deficiencies at all. :battingeyelashes: Sorry, it always slips out. :laughtwo: You grow the way that works for you. These other guys following you will know nutes and deficiencies. They're good at it. Your leaves look very healthy. That's what I watch.

I'm brand new to all this Jim. It'll be a year on the 14th and I've only harvested...oh wow! Six plants! Maybe I DO know what I'm doing.

Thanks Jim. I needed that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

September 11, 2015

Never forget. This day always makes me so sad. Nothing much to report on the girls today. Out of about 10 microscope shots I only got 3 that had acceptable focus. They are soon going to show definitive sex characteristics.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Every year, when I write this date, I feel so sad, too. I'm sure we'll feel that for the rest of our lives.

I think your girls look gorgeous, MJ. They're positively ... frilly! And I love the microscope shots -- that's really cool.

Yay for Mary and Carol!

Back
Top Bottom