First grow..bagseed

these big ass clumbsy fingers not squish them? I picked a few off today. but as I was pinching them off i realized that EVERY NODE but the very top was sacks on both hermies.. SO MANY SACKS :(. Will they grow back after i pinch them off? Im not sure how long im going to keep them in there because I counted over 20 pairs of pistils on my female :allgood: and again on both hermies only 2 pairs at the top. the Female tho has so many pistils! Main question...Would it be worth it to keep them for the bud i would get just at the top?

Ok. well.. I tried to pick some of the sacks off. but i dont think its going to work out. It just doesnt seem like it would be worth the spending time picking off all those sacks.. so im getting rid of the hermies. and what do ya know it turns out the deformed one ended up being the female.. Its a bummer that 2 had to go tho. but hey, that shit happens.

ok..So. the update.. We have 1 plant. Female as far as i know. next weekend i am going to make the 2 1/2 hour journey to HTG to get some fox farms nutes and soil. Im just gonna pick up the 3 pack of grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. and I'm going to get FF ocean forest and Light warrior. what kind of ratio should i use (i.e. 10%light warrior 90%OF). I'm also picking up some OnaBlock gel. does anyone know it if accually works to reduce the smell?

I was going to post a few pics but i cant get my camera to work. so as soon as I fix it I'll post pics of our shining star. until then happy growing :allgood:

When a hermie pollinates another plant it would most likely be feminized seed but it will also pass the hermi trait so you would get more hermie plants than pure females if any at all.

Not from what I see, :cheesygrinsmiley:
if it pollinates It's self, you pass the genes.
Pollinating another, produces 90% females
and I have yet to see a hermie in 2 generations.
Maybe I got lucky with the strains I used.

bag 'em(hermies), collect the pollen but save the virgin
.. oh too late ay?!?

Use tweezers....to pinch those balls off .
You also can move the plant to another location. Even if it is outside in soil.
Just be careful of the roots. Add nutriments to it if needed for shock.
It will be fine. Remember,,, its a weed. and a stout one at that.
My friend had to do this for the same reasons about three weeks ago..
His plant is fine and budding beautifully.
I too, have had to pull my largest plant because it turned out to be male.
Still have two, in the budding stage. ,,, I am watching closely..
Good luck...

acually. I gave them to a friend. he said he would grow them and just take what he can get off them. so its all good. I'm happy tho. He gets a little bud and my hard work doesnt go to waste. Besides all that i think it would be awesome to not have seeds. I've never had bud that didnt have any seeds in it. this wont have seeds if theres no sacks right?

I guess you have never seen beautiful budding females that have not been pollinated before???
Your are in for a real treat... keep us posted.

this will be the first time ive seen a plant full grown pollinated or not. I'm really excited. And i will most definatley keep you posted.. when i figure out what the hell is wrong with the camera I'll put up some pics. until then. i guess we just wait. any ideas how long until i see bud growth? this is day 11 (i think) of flowering.

Here are those pics..

This is her. to think she went from deformed with only one leaf.
picresized_th_1220253921_IM000185.jpg

to(now day 12 of flowering)..
picrsday12flwr.jpg

some pistil shots..
picrspistilsday12.jpg

picrspistil3day12.jpg

picrspistils2day12.jpg

and a little under the dress :yummy:
picrscanopy.jpg

enjoi!:bong:

mista- thank u much!

ms. fox-thank you and yes she is stunning isnt she. imagine what she will be like when shes ready :yummy:

Im already 2 weeks into fowering.. holy cow time is flying! I'm waiting very patiently to see some buds start growing but I am growing very inpatient due to lack of employment opportunities in my area/bordom. Not like i can speed up the process but im sure you all probably know how it goes. there shouldnt be buds yet right?

I had a dream last night that i woke up in the morning (i get up at 6:30 every morning when the lights turn on to pull up my makeshift door/light keeper outter and to make sure my lady isnt touching the lights) and there were 2 GIANT sacks. i was like nooooooooooo! but as soon as i really woke i checked and there dont seem to be any sacks thank jebus... welp.. pics to come whenever she starts to look like shes growing at all. good growing friends! :allgood:

Very nice lady you got there chaosridden and yes, those are budding sites. You'll see a tight spiral of leaves just before all the pistils start coming in. You're just getting to the fun part. ;)

++reps

PS: I'm in the same boat as you in terms of limited access to good growing medium like FF Ocean Forrest (It's nearly $30.00 a bag here). I'm using a simple soil mixture, recommenced by RooRman, for my 2nd grow and so far, it's working well. You can get all the ingredients at your local Lowes/Home Depot and Walmart stores.

1/3 sphagnum moss (MG is OK as it only has some starter nutes)
1/3 Worm Castings (Walmart now sells them)
1/3 Perlite
1-2 tbls dolomite lime per gallon of mix.

Alternative to Fox Farm's Ocean Forrest?

Harry

mista- thank you very much.. I love her bush! HAHA

harry- thanks boodah! you wouldnt believe all the pistils that came just over night. I woke up and was like holy shit.. and thank you for the soil recipe. It will help for sure. FF is not in my area at all but its about 20$ or so a bag in the next state over lol.

ok so there must be something eating the bottom of my leaves. I was looking at the lower leaves and I saw (on top of the leaf) what looked like an orangeish color. almost a rust color but a little brighter. the spots are pretty hard to see and are few and far between as of right now. I looked under the leaves and it looks as if just one layer of the bottom of the leaf was eaten off in that spot. The leaf asnt eaten all the way through. just that one layer underneath. I spray the bottom of my leaves (acually the entire plant) once a day to try and keep the bugs off but i guess it didnt work. any ideas?
shes a little droopy today too.

and by the way... One of the plants i gave away was apparently a "lost cause" and died. I havent seen it yet. but he said he cut it down and took the soil out of the pot and the roots were "circling the bottom of the pot". He said it wasnt very bad.. but my is still alive and kickin. do the roots grow continuously throughout the whole grow? I mean i dont think i should have to worry since i read somewhere on a thread that you should have 1 gallon per foot for your plant.. i.e. 3 foot plat 3 gallon pot. i have a 4.5 gallon pot and my lady is only 2 ft. 2 in. should i worry or no?

My Ph is reading 7. is that good? I think i read its suppose to be like 6 or something like that. how do i bring it down if need be?

What would be Ideal is adding nitric acid to the water....Adds nitrogen too..
If you could do this, you would be able to get the PH to as lo as 5.8 safely.
Chlorine added to you water. This to would lower your PH..I don't know about using it. If it would hurt your plants. Especially if you are at a Ph of around 5.8 to 6.8...?
Keep in mind that 7.4 to 7.5 PH is neutral.

timj- nitric acid..forgive me if this is a stupid question but where do you get nitric acid?

doc- thank you sir. Utokia is where its at :grinjoint:

More pics as soon as i get batteries. This lady is shaping up (so far) to be a real babe. The mail cola is starting to get a pretty big bud. loooooots of pistils.

:peace::smokin:

Back
Top Bottom