First Grow Cheap Soil & Nutrients With Random Seed - Good Info For Beginners - Pics

tk86high

First off thanks for stopping by to look at my journal.

So I never thought Id make my own journal but I think maybe it could help a few other fellow beginner growers . As it took me days of reading and conflicting information before I made up my own way to grow which I have found to be super easy.

I first had a few random seeds from some previous kush, one day after smoking I thought lets just throw a few seeds I had gathered into random flower pots during the summer time and see what happens.
To my surprise the one I didnt plant but just kinda threw on top of the soil then barely covered it with soil sprouted . (my knowledge from this is barely plant the seed in the soil , i did that with some other seeds i purchased later on and they all sprouted within 3 days)

Long story short I transferred the baby plant into a bigger pot and went online to see how to keep her alive. First would have to be the lights , after a few days of reading I came to the understanding that 250w MH for veggie (to not stretch the plant) and 400W HPS for flowering would be perfect , so that's what i purchased.

Next would be pot size soil and nutrients which I listed below. (of course I had to buy a small grow tent with fans etc...)

Details for current grow.

Soil: cheap Bio soil for all plants.
Water: PH 7.1 filtered water from the tap. (water until some comes out from the bottom)
Nutrients : cheap Bio Nutrients half the recommended usage (once a week for first month then twice)
Pot size: 8L or 2Gal
Lighting: 250W MH for veggie , 400W HPS for flowering.
Lighting time: 18/6 for veggie , 12/12 for flowering (3days of 10/16 to make flowering start)
Seed: Unknown find.
Planted seed: July 19 or 20th.
Sprouted: July 23
Flowering started: 2nd of Sept
Standard Temp: 27-29C , 80F-85F

At first I did over water her and gave her a bit of a nutrients burn . I learnt quick to just leave her the heck alone and let her grow . :D
I also learnt that the best way to tell when ur plant is thirsty is to hold ur pot for a few seconds before watering and then the next for a few seconds after watering, u will feel a big difference in weight , that's how i know when my girl needs water. the pot is light.
So now to the first pics of her growing randomly with my flowers back in July

Pics of Veggie state:

Day 3
11662.JPG

Day 5 after transplanting into her own pot
31134.JPG

21260.JPG

Day 8 Translated again to a bit bigger pot with holes at the bottom.
5607.JPG
4784.JPG

Day 11
6520.JPG
7459.JPG

Day 14
8357.JPG
9268.JPG

Day 17
11r.JPG

Day 22
12r.JPG

Day 26
14r.JPG

Day 30
16r.JPG
17r.JPG

Day 37
19r.JPG
20r.JPG

Re: First grow cheap soil and nutrients with random seed. Good info for beginners. PI

So now for the flowering stage of the pictures , still in the process of flowering, I will update with pics every few days.

Day 44. Flowering is now in progress.
23r.JPG

22r.JPG

Day 47
24r.JPG

25r.JPG

Day 52
27r.JPG

30r.JPG

Day 56
29r.JPG

Day 60
30r.JPG

31r.JPG

Day 63 (Sept 20,2012)
32r.JPG

34r.JPG

33r.JPG

Re: First grow cheap soil and nutrients with random seed. Good info for beginners. PI

So overall I think this growing thing is pretty easy if u dont over think it and keep it very basic.

I have 2 other girls growing at the moment 1-white widow and 1-deep grapefruit, I was thinking to make a journal for them girls also but once they start too flower a bit more as they are around 3 weeks behide my random girl here.

Will update with more beautiful flowering pics once the buds puff up a bit more. PS Ive been having leaf issues since day 1 as u guys can see, But I always just cut or trim bad leafs once a week and she just keeps a growing. So trimming or cutting a few bad leafs here and there doesn't effect ur plants growth.

Thanks for looking and please ask questions or leave comments if needed.

Re: First Grow Cheap Soil & Nutrients With Random Seed - Good Info For Beginners - Pi

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom