Unprepared First Timer

I'm laughing at the way you worded that, but not laughing about snapping your one of your best bud's off. :(

Your plants look great.
I have a question, are you talking the really cool photos of them in the dark?
I thought of doing the same, bit was afraid of the flash doing some kind of "Hermi" effect on them at this critical point in their lives.

TB, as you can see I made this reply before I read that you're having a problem with Hermi.
I hope I didn't jinx you.

I'm laughing at the way you worded that, but not laughing about snapping your one of your best bud's off. :(

Your plants look great.
I have a question, are you talking the really cool photos of them in the dark?
I thought of doing the same, bit was afraid of the flash doing some kind of "Hermi" effect on them at this critical point in their lives.

It's all good. Gotta be able to laugh at oneself.

Thanks, and yes I'm taking them in the dark, but not during the dark period. I don't even go near my tent during that time. I just reach up and shut the lights down so I can take s couple pics then turn them back on.

TB, as you can see I made this reply before I read that you're having a problem with Hermi.
I hope I didn't jinx you.
That might have been my problem? I assumed because it wasn't interrupting their dark period it would be okay. But I'm questioning it now.

That might have been my problem? I assumed because it wasn't interrupting their dark period it would be okay. But I'm questioning it now.

Remember in veg they adjust,
in flower they react.

Question, the one's that started Hermi first, we're they the ones that you took a cool photos of?

Remember in veg they adjust,
in flower they react.

Question, the one's that started Hermi first, we're they the ones that you took a cool photos of?

I have no idea which ones did it first. All but two I found a pollen sac on but they were already exploded. Two of the ones that I found them on I've never taken an individual shot of, and one of them that I was photographing the most didn't have any that I could find. So I'm not sure.

Regardless, I'm happy as it was my first attempt and I went in blind. I'm excited to get the next grow underway, and to be able to use all my knowledge gained from the experience and watching/reading all the wonderful grows that took place on this forum.

Even though they could probably go another week or two, I'm going to be harvesting them tonight. Almost all of the tops have amber trichomes already.

My guess is going to be 420 grams dried. I know, ambitious right? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll upload my usual update later tonight after getting them hung up. I'll also show off my jerryrigged hanging system that I have in mind.

Got it chopped and hung. I didn't need to use my jerryrigged contraption either. Also I put my tester bud that I snapped off on accident through the grinder and found another five seeds. Over this grow though.
C95C72D1-932D-464B-B373-5BDED81C1657.jpeg
31B4D941-A7F8-46AF-9FF2-4482933EE9F5.jpeg
CFB7C2B8-CD96-418F-8F3F-CFF1ACD611B6.jpeg

Well done. :thumb:

So when are going to start all over?

When you do, please let me on so I can get on page one. Lol

Well done. :thumb:

So when are going to start all over?

When you do, please let me on so I can get on page one. Lol

Thanks! Soon I hope. One of my friends from work said he can try to get me some clones from his buddy who has been growing for over fifteen years. He's just got to see if he has any ready to take. I don't feel comfortable using the seeds I have left over from the same source as these ladies.

If that doesn't pan out it might take a minute as most of our extra money has been put towards getting a second vehicle, and getting it legal. Been getting too cold for my wife to walk the kid to school, especially with our one year old in tow. And my birthday is on the 16th so we have to get new tags for our main vehicle. So dropping cash on a "hobby" isn't in the works for a few weeks. Life's a pain sometimes, but it is what it is.

:cool::yummy::thumb:

Good job. Getting a successful harvest is a big milestone. Knowing there's improvement to be made just keeps you hungry to do better.

Thank you, and absolutely! I've been telling the wife that I'm excited to start the next grow with the knowledge I've gained from this one.

Soooo...
I just had a moment of realization, and I have a question for y'all...

Light leaks.

More specifically, how much light is needed to cause herms? I was sitting here talking with my wife, and she told me she needed to go start a load of laundry. The thought slammed me in the face so hard I about got a nose bleed.

My passive air intake window is faced towards the wall where there are no lights. But what if light from the other side of the tent was still getting in? My brother has a bedroom down there, so sometimes he turns the light on to see, and my wife does laundry in the basement and will turn the main light on multiple times a day.

I got inside the tent, crouching under the hanging hermaphroditic results of my grow, and had her zip me up inside it. I. Could. See. My. Feet... And the rest of the bottom of the tent. It wasn't a crazy amount of light. Enough for me to see, so I'd imagine enough for the plants to respond while in flower.

I've been blaming the seeds this whole time, when in actuality I'm probably just a noob who overlooked something basic. :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Live and Learn.

How much light during the dark period is needed to cause a herm?

Soooo...

Light leaks.

More specifically, how much light is needed to cause herms? I was sitting here talking with my wife, and she told me she needed to go start a load of laundry. The thought slammed me in the face so hard I about got a nose bleed.

My passive air intake window is faced towards the wall where there are no lights. But what if light from the other side of the tent was still getting in? My brother has a bedroom down there, so sometimes he turns the light on to see, and my wife does laundry in the basement and will turn the main light on multiple times a day.

I got inside the tent, crouching under the hanging hermaphroditic results of my grow, and had her zip me up inside it. I. Could. See. My. Feet... And the rest of the bottom of the tent. It wasn't a crazy amount of light. Enough for me to see, so I'd imagine enough for the plants to respond while in flower.

I've been blaming the seeds this whole time, when in actuality I'm probably just a noob who overlooked something basic. :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Live and Learn.

Dangit! Well at least now you know it’s probably not the seeds! I was pondering back to when you had that big storm and your lights were out for a bit..but the light leak could have sure been the culprit.. I had my son zip me up in the tents before I put the girls in there then I zipped him up for a second opinion and we didn’t see anything but I’m still paranoid about light leaks with the tent and put a thick sheet over the tent where there might possibly be even the slightest pinhole at their bedtime! It could happen to any of us for sure! Still don’t know what caused my one from my first grow to herm she was one out of 5 but pollinated my entire crop before I saw her nanners hidden inside the bud o_O

Dangit! Well at least now you know it’s probably not the seeds! I was pondering back to when you had that big storm and your lights were out for a bit..but the light leak could have sure been the culprit.. I had my son zip me up in the tents before I put the girls in there then I zipped him up for a second opinion and we didn’t see anything but I’m still paranoid about light leaks with the tent and put a thick sheet over the tent where there might possibly be even the slightest pinhole at their bedtime! It could happen to any of us for sure! Still don’t know what caused my one from my first grow to herm she was one out of 5 but pollinated my entire crop before I saw her nanners hidden inside the bud o_O

I think I'm more upset that it was me, and possibly not the seeds. :straightface: But, there is still the chance that seeds are still bunk. I might have to fix the light leak and try another round with them, just to make sure. Just be way more vigilant.

I'll definitely make sure it's fixed, and I'll give the tent a good scrub down before the next run.
Dang, one bad seed(pun intended) and the whole crop gets pregnant. And no child support to be seen. :rofl:
Pollen can be a sneaky entity. I feel bad for people in the vicinity of farms and/or people growing outside and not culling their males.

I think I'm more upset that it was me, and possibly not the seeds. :straightface: But, there is still the chance that seeds are still bunk. I might have to fix the light leak and try another round with them, just to make sure. Just be way more vigilant.

I'll definitely make sure it's fixed, and I'll give the tent a good scrub down before the next run.
Dang, one bad seed(pun intended) and the whole crop gets pregnant. And no child support to be seen. :rofl:
Pollen can be a sneaky entity. I feel bad for people in the vicinity of farms and/or people growing outside and not culling their males.
:rofl::rofl: Nope no child support just shot the pollen and got the ax! He she hid its bananas very well! I scrubbed everything in that room down and put up panda film on the walls too just for good measure! I may flower the new ones in the tents if they are open in time. Yeah I feel bad for them folks too , before I got my harvest out I was having to get the $10/g weed at the dispensary and it usually contained seeds which tells me a lot of folks around here are not taking care of business very well. The one that hermied was a clone I got from one of the dispensaries. Jeezum Pete they suck! The smoke was still good tho :laugh:

:rofl::rofl: Nope no child support just shot the pollen and got the ax! He she hid its bananas very well! I scrubbed everything in that room down and put up panda film on the walls too just for good measure! I may flower the new ones in the tents if they are open in time. Yeah I feel bad for them folks too , before I got my harvest out I was having to get the $10/g weed at the dispensary and it usually contained seeds which tells me a lot of folks around here are not taking care of business very well. The one that hermied was a clone I got from one of the dispensaries. Jeezum Pete they suck! The smoke was still good tho :laugh:

:laughtwo: Damn deadbeat herms.
I've been getting it for $25 an 1/8th. Which is reasonable. Not from a dispensary though I can't wait for recreational shops to start opening up though, just to broaden my horizons.

:laughtwo: Damn deadbeat herms.
I've been getting it for $25 an 1/8th. Which is reasonable. Not from a dispensary though I can't wait for recreational shops to start opening up though, just to broaden my horizons.
:laugh: Yep deadbeats! It was pretty surreal the first time I went into a dispensary it was like just going into some store and just ordering some smokes , show ID and walk out with weed. First time I was paranoid as hell when I walked out and a cop was driving by my heart initially skipped for a minute then I was like oh wait it’s legal now he can’t do crap:slide: when it first became legal tho they were trying to do busts on dispensaries and people with it in their cars because its still federally illegal but after a few lawsuits they have finally ceased that crap. It has been nice to try the different strains available but on a limited budget it was limited still on what I could afford to try.

Soooo...

Light leaks.

Live and Learn.

I hope your trust was well placed and you aren't still zipped up in there posting from your phone. :D

:laugh: Yep deadbeats! It was pretty surreal the first time I went into a dispensary it was like just going into some store and just ordering some smokes , show ID and walk out with weed. First time I was paranoid as hell when I walked out and a cop was driving by my heart initially skipped for a minute then I was like oh wait it’s legal now he can’t do crap:slide: when it first became legal tho they were trying to do busts on dispensaries and people with it in their cars because its still federally illegal but after a few lawsuits they have finally ceased that crap. It has been nice to try the different strains available but on a limited budget it was limited still on what I could afford to try.
I can imagine. I remember busts happening a lot when dispensaries opened up around here.

I hope your trust was well placed and you aren't still zipped up in there posting from your phone. :D
She let me out eventually for good behavior. :rofl:

So, I now know what I'll be growing next.

I won a giveaway hosted by George, from The Vault so I'll be growing out three Monster Pebbles, from Monster Genetics. I'm so excited and this couldn't have happened at a better time. As tomorrow is my birthday this is the best birthday gift so far. :cheesygrinsmiley: :headbanger:

Once they get here and I have everything set up I'll be starting up a new thread.

Congratulations! The Big Bud I just planted I won from The Vault. Happy for you!

Congratulations! The Big Bud I just planted I won from The Vault. Happy for you!
Thank you. :) They seem to really go the extra mile as sponsors. It's nice to see from a company. Not just doing the bare minimum to skate by.

I'll have to hop on over and watch her grow with you.

Back
Top Bottom