First Timer, LandoC Attempting Indoor Purple Kush In Soil, 2020

It is refreshing to see a first grow go so well. You obviously have done a lot of reading before you started, Scrog is a good option for less plants typically but you can manage with multiples. I'd clean out all material under the screen. That growth will do nothing but rob the plants above the screen of energy. Plus, removing the excess growth improves airflow through the canopy. It's also a good time to snag some clones even while in flowering mode. They will regenerate into some branching fools. I use that method a lot to avoid topping. Not that topping is bad. It is effective but old growers i learned from taught differently. You have done and continue to do all the right things. Excellent grow brother. Your going to love the end game and its rolling up on you fast. I'm going to follow the rest of the way. I'm curious to see how you end. I'm sure it will be great.

What nutrients do you have and use? Looks like normal new growth yellowing to me. I would be switching over to the bloom schedule on your next watering. 1050 ppm should be more than enough parts as long as the nutrient ratio is correct for them at this stage. Im usually around 900-1100 ppm at your stage. Looking healthy and good!
Good morning, hope you’re having a wonderful day! I got the Green Planet 3 part system, which is Grow, Micro, Bloom...I bought the starter kit which also comes with Rezin,Massive, Vitathrive...they have a feed chart that goes by week...I started the Week 2 Flower formula last night...I have also been adding GPH Uptake, and Plant Guard(silica)also from Green Planet...a small dose of cal/mag, as well as Terpinator. Last night the mix was at PH6.4, 1200PPM(maybe a bit high?) 69-71F...they looked happy this morning so far...the smallest plant has started to go purple, just the 2 tops so far...the one that dropped all the leaves. I also did a big pruning on the undercarriage for better airflow. Should I have waited until the 3rd week for that?

It is refreshing to see a first grow go so well. You obviously have done a lot of reading before you started, Scrog is a good option for less plants typically but you can manage with multiples. I'd clean out all material under the screen. That growth will do nothing but rob the plants above the screen of energy. Plus, removing the excess growth improves airflow through the canopy. It's also a good time to snag some clones even while in flowering mode. They will regenerate into some branching fools. I use that method a lot to avoid topping. Not that topping is bad. It is effective but old growers i learned from taught differently. You have done and continue to do all the right things. Excellent grow brother. Your going to love the end game and its rolling up on you fast. I'm going to follow the rest of the way. I'm curious to see how you end. I'm sure it will be great.

Morning JJ.Jr...I pretty happy with the way things are shaking out so far, It’s been a steep learning curve! I had no intention of doing a SCROG when I embarked on this amazing project, but I had to go for it...lots of help,and suggestions here...also I did read/research, but really nothing like learning, watching, experimenting as you move forward! Really just having confidence in the guys that have already been there...it was hard topping them the first time, i didn’t want to prune all that growth...I started cleaning out all the biomass under the screen last night, thanks for that kick in the ass to get moving on that clear cutting! I also have 2 clones that I have been experimenting on for the last couple of weeks...although if the seeds I am waiting on make it, I will probably start fresh...I think I may have stumbled on some fire? thanks for the vote of confidence! The buds seem to be moving along faster than I had anticipated! Good luck on your outdoor greenhouse, looks pretty inspiring to find a small acreage! Must be really nice to have some space...welcome aboard, very nice to meet you!

The weekend is upon us, although I have been living a perpetual long weekend for months now. Will I ever get to go back to work, or will I have to just grow more weed? In a bigger tent, with more lights.

Anyways I hope everyone is healthy out there! The Smallest plant, that was dropping leaves: has started to get purple leaves around the tiny little budlets...it’s hard to believe they will bulk up enough for me to dry out and smoke? I am pretty stoked to watch it all happen...in my garage! It’s actually kind of tough to stop looking at them, this is a really cool plant. In many ways, the best one being the way it makes me feel when I roll it up man.

11 days in since I flipped now, lots of crazy new growth! About 12” of growth so far, will they continue stretching? Or do the buds start to bulk up? These questions, and many more will be answered soon...ish? 8 weeks 10 weeks? Maybe It will time out for the October 1st Full Harvest Moon? This year is a one every three year event...in that it’s a Full Harvest Moon, and Full Hunters Moon. Or October 16th is the Super New Moon...either way lets go for some super fat, super potent BUDS!

Have a great weekend doing whatever it is you do...probably High no doubt! May your jars always be full...

Attachments

• 7D7E836C-2183-4EED-9B2A-C0D206864E1D.jpeg
    7D7E836C-2183-4EED-9B2A-C0D206864E1D.jpeg
    875.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 4250ED51-5D25-48BA-92EC-1E4FD50BE6D0.jpeg
    4250ED51-5D25-48BA-92EC-1E4FD50BE6D0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
The weekend is upon us, although I have been living a perpetual long weekend for months now. Will I ever get to go back to work, or will I have to just grow more weed? In a bigger tent, with more lights.

Anyways I hope everyone is healthy out there! The Smallest plant, that was dropping leaves: has started to get purple leaves around the tiny little budlets...it’s hard to believe they will bulk up enough for me to dry out and smoke? I am pretty stoked to watch it all happen...in my garage! It’s actually kind of tough to stop looking at them, this is a really cool plant. In many ways, the best one being the way it makes me feel when I roll it up man.

11 days in since I flipped now, lots of crazy new growth! About 12” of growth so far, will they continue stretching? Or do the buds start to bulk up? These questions, and many more will be answered soon...ish? 8 weeks 10 weeks? Maybe It will time out for the October 1st Full Harvest Moon? This year is a one every three year event...in that it’s a Full Harvest Moon, and Full Hunters Moon. Or October 16th is the Super New Moon...either way lets go for some super fat, super potent BUDS!

Have a great weekend doing whatever it is you do...probably High no doubt! May your jars always be full...
It is hard not to admire a growing plant. Especially cannabis. Those kush should settle down on the stretch soon and pack on some nice bud. Indicas usually don't stretch out much. They tend to stay low and bushy. That grow looks better every update. Great job.

Welcome to another week! Which marks 2 weeks since I flipped...seems to be getting a little more purple everyday, almost all the tops are showing signs of color...and we have some tiny little budlets now. It really seems like the proper PH, and lots of nutrients are what the Kush sisters like. The day after I got the PH, and TDS pens was the day they really started to stretch, as well as start the purpling. They also seem to take less water at waterings with the higher PPM’s, and correct PH? They were drinking approximately 10L each before the probes...last night I had runoff after approximately 7L each? I am going 3 days between waterings with 5G geo pots.
The shortest of the bunch has stretched the most so far, she’s at 18” above the net now...most of that growth has happened in the last 2 weeks. That is almost 4’ from the floor now, will they continue for another week? Hmmm I will double check when the lights come on later, but I think the may have doubled in height so far?

Attachments

• EC1AE3EC-A8BB-4030-9B1B-D099CDDAFD88.jpeg
    EC1AE3EC-A8BB-4030-9B1B-D099CDDAFD88.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 39FD61CA-2A57-47B0-8A9B-E06D6ADD4804.jpeg
    39FD61CA-2A57-47B0-8A9B-E06D6ADD4804.jpeg
    986.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 991DDF52-312C-4550-9168-37B3E0A62FDB.jpeg
    991DDF52-312C-4550-9168-37B3E0A62FDB.jpeg
    932.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 8639F8A9-0CC0-4DCB-9F6F-7821D1661D9C.jpeg
    8639F8A9-0CC0-4DCB-9F6F-7821D1661D9C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 34DC9354-C82E-4DB7-8DEC-E7FB929008A0.jpeg
    34DC9354-C82E-4DB7-8DEC-E7FB929008A0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 47
Looking good man. Make sure you are mixing your silica in your water first and make sure its mixed well. I like to let it sit in the water for about a hour before mixing anything else. Next is your cal mag and make sure its mixed well and then your nutes can go in. Silica is crazy and will lock out all your nutes if not mixed and diluted correctly.

Grow looks awesome! Keep it up. Cant wait to see all the purple!

Looking good man. Make sure you are mixing your silica in your water first and make sure its mixed well. I like to let it sit in the water for about a hour before mixing anything else. Next is your cal mag and make sure its mixed well and then your nutes can go in. Silica is crazy and will lock out all your nutes if not mixed and diluted correctly.

Grow looks awesome! Keep it up. Cant wait to see all the purple!
Thanks Brother! I was just wondering that exact thing!! That’s not how I have been mixing, but that’s how I will mix it up now...could I add the plant guard(silica) in the morning, then mix and feed the rest when lights come on at 9pm?

I think you would over water trying to do it that way. Just make sure the silica is mixed first and mixed well and you will be good to mix them together. Silica just has to be diluted in the water first. I take extra precautions and let it sit for a hour before mixing nutes.

To clarify @HunterNitro ...I mean just add the silica to the water, let the silica solution sit for 12 hours...then mix the rest into the premix, and feed then...just feeding the one time...

I’ve been reading about Harvesting, and curing lately...wanna make sure I’m ready when the time comes. Any extra things to have ready? I ordered a USB Microscope today, for trichrome checks...starts at 50x magnification. Hopefully they all finish around the same time, so I can hang in the tent? Was looking at small cheap tents for drying in perhaps? Also need to watch a bud washing video...I may try this technique out at harvest? Seems like a good way to get rid of dust/ hairs etc?

Ohhh yea that will be perfect. 12 hours will be fine to let it sit in there if you have that option. I thought you meant water with silica first.

If they are all the same strain I would say they will finish about the same time. A microscope will work and a lot of people use them. I prefer a jewelers loupe that has a LED on it so you can get in there and check each cola and plant. A USB microscope gets good pictures but very hard to get a picture without cutting the plant and putting it under the scope. You are going to want to check the bud itself and not sugar leaves anyway so thats why the loupe works best for me.

Here is the one i use.

KINGMAS Mini 60x Microscope Magnifying with LED Light Pocket Jewelry Magnifier Jeweler Loupe

1664580377833.png

Cheap and works good! I get a new one ever year or two for the price. You can find it cheaper on e.bay if you rather. Its a very small viewing window but works good for what it is.

Don’t premix the nutes before adding to water. Add each separately and mix in. I made the unfortunate mistake of using the same 5ml dropper for cal mag and silica, and the dropper clogged up with a cloudy white gel like substance. Just some input

Don’t premix the nutes before adding to water. Add each separately and mix in. I made the unfortunate mistake of using the same 5ml dropper for cal mag and silica, and the dropper clogged up with a cloudy white gel like substance. Just some input
Gee that sounds like a mess! I use metal for Cal-mag, and plastic for the Silica! Trying to mix those 2 on either end of the mix...perhaps even alternate the 2 between waterings? So many little nuances...

Gee that sounds like a mess! I use metal for Cal-mag, and plastic for the Silica! Trying to mix those 2 on either end of the mix...perhaps even alternate the 2 between waterings? So many little nuances...

More experienced growers on this thread can answer, BUT, yes, now I feed silica one day and cal-mag the next. I think silica should be done separately. Calcium and magnesium can be found in most mixes BUT mine says DO NOT COMBINE FERTILIZER/NUTRIENTS FIRST. It could lead to nutrient lock. Dunno. At least General Hydroponic stuff says that on its mixing instructions. Lots of stuff to consider but my thought is to add to water, stir, add the next, stir, and check PH when done

More experienced growers on this thread can answer, BUT, yes, now I feed silica one day and cal-mag the next. I think silica should be done separately. Calcium and magnesium can be found in most mixes BUT mine says DO NOT COMBINE FERTILIZER/NUTRIENTS FIRST. It could lead to nutrient lock. Dunno. At least General Hydroponic stuff says that on its mixing instructions. Lots of stuff to consider but my thought is to add to water, stir, add the next, stir, and check PH when done
AGREED :thumb:

Happy Friday! Quick little Friday Flower Report...things are moving right along in the 4x4! The stretch is slowing down? They have pretty much doubled in height so far. Buds are starting to appear all over the place now! Starting to look like I may get something to smoke outta this...hopefully the 25x Macro shows up today?

A Wonderful Weekend to all!

Attachments

• C146977E-227C-4115-A771-0A442BCE684C.jpeg
    C146977E-227C-4115-A771-0A442BCE684C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • F93BF099-EACA-4F08-B968-D180D3EF4760.jpeg
    F93BF099-EACA-4F08-B968-D180D3EF4760.jpeg
    980.4 KB · Views: 36
  • FCF2CF74-69ED-446B-AC41-5AAF9D91109D.jpeg
    FCF2CF74-69ED-446B-AC41-5AAF9D91109D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Back