First timer experience growing grow

Hey everyone! Here is a couple day 7 pics. If you look closely at the side shot you can see new growth coming out of the nodes. Also, I have a problem. The stem is real long and goofy, about 8", and it was always off to the side ever since the first time I tied it down. Now I think it is building strength because it's been moving and is now almost right above the plant. Should I tie it down again? Should I be worried about how close the stem is to the light? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Also, thank you everybody so far. You've all been very helpful.
day_73.jpg

7side.jpg

DSC01973.JPG

Oh wow thats the original stem! I though it was a weed lol. That's going to make for an interesting plant! You can keep CFL's very close to the plant, but if the stem gets within 1 inch of the light I'd pull it back.

Thank you again dfw-guy! You have been very, very helpful so far and I know your advice is valid because I've seen your journal and buds you've cultivated(very nice by the way!) The stem is so long because I had the plant underneath an incandescent light for the first 2-2 1/2 weeks and those put off so much heat I wasn't able to put the light close enough and all it did was stretch. So I'm definitely going to tie the stem down again to get it out of the way. I appreciate all the helpful advice!

She has been on a 12/12 since I put her under the cfl which was pretty much when I started the journal. Do you think that would help me keep height down?

You have a good looking girl ,nice leaves. But you are going to need a bigger light source :goodjob:

Wow 10 weeks! That's pretty quick. Now the trick is to keep her alive for that "quick". Thank you BILBUS, I am planning on getting another light a.s.a.p. but this is a VERY limited budget grow. I couldn't handle the whole stem thing anymore so I brought the top of the plant up off the soil and twist-tied it to a stick. I think it will work for a little while anyway. If anybody has any tips on a more permanent solution that would work in my situation, I appreciate any input.OH! on a good note when i was doing the lst'ing I noticed she already has a faint, skunky aroma! Very pleasant.
DSC01975.JPG

congrats on the aroma! haha. I like the way she is tied down a lot more than how it was before. If I were you I would try to keep her circling around the pot as she grows, tying down the stem as nessisary. You can use anything to keep her down, even little stakes made of clothes hanger. She's looking healthy, good job dealing with the stretch.
About the lighting. Your not going to need more lighting for a week or so, so you don't need to go rushing out to buy more. Just keep the light close to her and she'll be a happy girl.

Thank you dfw-guy. You are most helpful!! The smell is nice although it smells not of pot but almost more like certain weeds I've found walking through the woods that have a cool earthy/skunky smell to them. So here are the day 8 pics. She adjusted to the lst'ing very quickly and the new location of her top enables me to take some cool close-ups. My confidence is slowly going up!! I just don't want to get myself all worked up for a disappointment. So here are the pics(I especially like the close-up of her top)
day86.jpg

sideshotd8.jpg

Cool man, I like this more. You'll have a big plant in 10 days believe it or not. With leaves that stretch several inches past the edge of the pot. I hope your ready to transplant in a week or 2. I would get some proper soil when you do, it will help her a lot.

Thanks guys! I've really been dreading the day someone tells me I need to transplant. I wasn't really planning on it since it's my first attempt and I kind of just wanted to see how far I could take it with this container but I trust your advice and will definitely plan on transplanting in a week or two. OMG!! by the way there is a cop in here talking to my roomate!! SKETCHY!!!! Anyways, about the bugs. I've seen a bunch of them but so far none really seem to be pests( there is a lot of little red millipede looking things ) kinda scary looking! So I'm about to wake her up for the day:) I'll post day 9 pics in a minute.

Well here they are! Day 9 pics. I'm starting to figure out how to take the macro pics!
day91.jpg

day9topshot.jpg

The beginnings of my first 5 leaf set.

Feel free to not transplant, your plant will just get root bound and not grow any bigger lol. Really not the best situation to be in imo. I don't even want to know why your roommate was talking to a cop lol.

Feel free to not transplant, your plant will just get root bound and not grow any bigger lol. Really not the best situation to be in imo. I don't even want to know why your roommate was talking to a cop lol.
I'm definitely going to transplant. I'm just kind of nervous about the whole process. I've never done it before and the rim of the continer comes back in towards the center about 1/4". I was thinking maybe just cut the top of the container off. Any suggestions? The cops were just here on a stupid domestic call but it sketches me out having a cop standing 10 feet away from my room. I mean it's in my closet but still!

bury that stem.your plant will love you for that.
I was thinking that would probably be a huge benefit of transplanting. But I wasn't sure if it was in the plants best interest to bury the stem. There's a question answered that I didn't even have to ask!! Thank you very much diggler.

Day 10 pics! She's getting big quick! Question: Will she start showing signs of sex before going rootbound? Just wanna confirm sex before spending any money.
day109.jpg

day10ts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom