Martymcfly's First Grow

martymcfly

So, I am starting this as a way of keeping track of this first grow and the experiments that I have been doing. Here is what is going on ...
Growing in my basement, started from seed mid Nov to mid Dec just as a fluke. Under pretty pathetic lighting.

Upgraded to a 1000watt hps + a cfl over 1 plant ( an experiment )

Presently growing 20 Jack Herer "The Light of Jah", mostly sativa strain

I really want a grow tent so am saving up ... for a carbon filter also, as odour is a huge factor for me

Plants range in size from 6 inches to 18 inches, just put on a 12/12 light schedule, so am not expecting a great yield from the smaller ones, but only 3 or so are small. I have no idea what to expect as far as yield goes, but I am doing everything by the book

Feeding Optimum Hydroponix A & B every 3 days or so, also feed vit. b1

15 out of 20 plants have revealed their sex ... and YES, they are girls, sex was able to be seen in veg. state.

Most are in 5 gallon pots, some in 1 gallon, some have 2 plants in the same pot ... I feel bad that they won't all reach max yield, but plan on taking cuttings, just have to get that root stuff (again, money is an issue as I am on disability)

Will post some pics when I figure it out ...

Latest Pic - Missmouse's 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Plants61.jpg

Thanks so much for the support ...I need it. Also forgot to mention:

Temp. 72-80F
Humidity levels: 40-50 percent

I'm going to have to get a dehumidifier like asap, now that I am in flower phase

Peace ... I'll post more pics when lights come on later

Ph is around 6-6.8 of the water, runoff was about 7 ... at this point I haven't touched the ph in awhile, I figure I'll let the plants tell me if there is a problem.

Soil is organic mix of peat moss, perlite and something else, can't remember the last one

I cut the large fan leaves off of 2 plants as an experiment, as I have read different opinions on the subject, so we'll see what the different results are, if any.

Am also experimenting with a 150watt LED, and so far, growth has been more vigorous in the plant under the hps lamp, it has grown about an inch taller than the other.

Day 2 of the 12/12 schedule and it's frustrating to not be able to go see my beauties because it's lights out time.

It also appears that there is some chlorosis of the new growth, but not on all plants ... have read it may be an iron deficiency, or possibly a nitrogen issue.

This whole thing is like a science, I just hope I get good results from this. Will post later tonight when lights come on to see if the others have revealed their sex!

Omgosh, this next 4 months is going to be torture! Still broke so can't get some things that I need/want ... going back to work soon after being off for 8 months on sick leave, so that will keep my mind on other things, hopefully.

I wonder how often I should post pics?

I know how you feel, Missmouse.

I want/need a few more things for my grow, but it's just not going to happen right now. (Like a darn humidifier!)

Grats on going back to work. I need to get my lazy behind a job soon. :rollingeyes:

You should post pics as often as you like!... Everyday or every other day, once a week, morning and night. :laughtwo:

We love pics!

Yeah, I really need a dehumidifier, lol ... have you tried putting buckets of water with your plants? This can increase humidity levels ... what are your levels at now?

I have tried everything I can think of... besides an actual humidifier. :laughtwo:

It's down to 22% during the day and hovers around 30% at night.

Yesterday I ran a crock pot full of water on high all day right next to my veg space, and the humidity didn't budge!

I vegged my last round of plants in my basement and the humidity levels were naturally much higher.

I wish my veg space was still downstairs, but I wanted to keep all the veg lights and fans on a separate circuit than my flowering setup.

Oh well, what can you do... I'll get one when I get one.

They'll suffer through it in the mean time. :loopy:

IMAG054515.jpg

So, I raised the light today to about 18 inches or so above the canopy ... was getting a little too hot for comfort, but no damage done whatsoever. I think I may have identified another female, but still a few days too early to be 100% sure. That makes 16 females so far ... I am so curious as to what my yield will be, too long to wait! I posted some more pics in my gallery

So, I raised the light today to about 18 inches or so above the canopy ... was getting a little too hot for comfort, but no damage done whatsoever. I think I may have identified another female, but still a few days too early to be 100% sure. That makes 16 females so far ... I am so curious as to what my yield will be, too long to wait! I posted some more pics in my gallery

IMAG04528.jpg

:ciao: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos :ciao:

IMAG05638.jpg

So, I raised the light last night and the chlorosis of the leaves have stopped, they all look good now

I also started flushing the plants before I start adding Bloom nutes.

Back
Top Bottom