Martymcfly's First Grow

Thanks guys ... although all this waiting is killing me slowly. I am broke and have no doob til Tuesday but I have all these plants downstairs, it's so frustrating that I'm going nuts. I can't wait to be back at work so that the money will start coming in again. I don't know about all these people that say mj is not addictive ... I am definitely in need of it to function.

I'm feeling you, Missmouse. I haven't smoked in over two months so that I could put more money into my grow setup.

I won't be smoking until I can steal popcorn samples from my girls to test... another 4-5 weeks probably. :rollingeyes:

I think that plant is looking like a male, but don't cull it on my word... I'm too nooby to trust on the identification bit.

Day 7 of 12/12 (i flipped the schedule from lights on at night to lights on during the day) ... the plants are doing great, super healthy, but not growing as fast as I'd like. Being desperate, this morning i clipped off some of the large fan leaves, for 2 reasons ... first, to give the undergrowth more light, and second, to make cannabis tea (no high at all) ... I guess I'll have to wait til tonight to smoke a doob, a friend said he'd give me some to tide me over til my disability cheque comes in. So, plant number 6 (Willie) is definitely a male, he grew quite a bit under the LED and I don't have the heart to throw him away, he is one of my favorites and so beautiful. I wonder how long I have until he is a danger to my girls?

if the pollen sacs open your girls could be at risk until you can clean the grow area. once pollen gets out it can stick to surfaces and fertilize your plants later. Also heard of it effecting grows further down the line if everything isn't cleaned properly.

I need to be 100% sure before I destroy him ... can anyone give me that re-assurance?

GottabemaleResized.jpg

Gottabemale2Resized.jpg

I have 15 confirmed females, 1 male, 1 possible male, and 3 that it's too early to tell. I bagged the male and got him out of there but am having a hard time throwing him away ... it's a living thing that I have nurtured from seed and now I have to just get rid of it ... I don't know, I guess I'm just super sensitive.

So, I had a doctor's appointment this morning ( I have anxiety and depression issues) ... and I debated the subject of cannabis with her because it really controls my anxiety. She said that she agreed that at first it does help but eventually causes more depression and anxiety, as well as lack of motivation and memory problems. So I have to keep taking all these pharmaceuticals that they keep prescribing, when all it takes is a nice big joint to make me feel instantly better. Where is the justice in that?

Ok, so number 9 aka "Willie" has been chopped up and put in the garbage ... I am not set up well enough to isolate the male so rather than risk my girls I just did it.

Ok so some new plant measurements, since the last were taken Jan. 23rd

Plant #1: 30 inches (6 inches growth)
Plant #2: 31 inches (4 inches growth)
#3: 24.5 inches (2.5 inches)
#4: 26.5 inches (7 inches) !!!
#5: 24 inches (4.5 inches)
#6: 21 inches (6 inches)
#7: 21 inches (5 inches)
#8: 23.5 inches (4.5 inches)
#9: chucked
#10: 16.5 inches (3.5 inches)
#11: 13.5 inches (3.5 inches)
#12: a) 25 inches (4 inches) b) 13 inches (4 inches) c) 14 inches (3.5 inches)
#13: a) 21 inches (5 inches) b) 23 inches (6 inches)
#14: 18 inches (4 inches)
#15: 13.5 inches (new one under LED) (growth 1.5 inches)

I'm happy with those numbers ...

Day8floweringResized.jpg

So plant number 11 and 13 (b) are probable males ... gonna wait another couple days to make sure.

Day 8 I think of 12/12, not much else going on.

OK, some more stats, sex this time:

Plant #1: Female
#2:Female
#3: Possible male
#4: Female
#5: Female
#6: Female
#7: Female
#8: Female
#9: Female
#10: Female
#11: suspected male
#12: a) Female b) unknown c) unknown
#13: destroyed male
#14: Female
#15: unknown

Be back in the AM ...

Wow. I just finished my first grow, one Jack one Nor Lts. Way to go all in with 20. I ran into some minor probs with my jack in week 4 of bloom. I think I maybe over watered and gave a little too much nutes. Hard to tell. But leaf tips started browning, and then curled upwards with more browning on leaves. It turned out ok. After letting soil dry out. Good luck to you.

Wow. I just finished my first grow, one Jack one Nor Lts. Way to go all in with 20. I ran into some minor probs with my jack in week 4 of bloom. I think I maybe over watered and gave a little too much nutes. Hard to tell. But leaf tips started browning, and then curled upwards with more browning on leaves. It turned out ok. After letting soil dry out. Good luck to you.

Cheers!

wow you have a lot going on and this seems like its gonna be a fun journal
Happy Weednsday MissMouse :thumb:
I am subbed

So #3 is a confirmed male, one of my biggest, he just got chucked ... day 10 of flowering and holy cow those pistils are popping up all over.

Is it just me? Or is this really easy?

Going to buy some organic nutes tomorrow, plants haven't been fed in a week, but still doing fine, great, actually. I also thought that I would be watering a lot more often. I water about twice a week because everyone seems to say to let them dry out a little before the next watering.

Also raised my light today about 6 inches.

That's it for now, I'm gonna try and post pics later.

Peace

if you follow the kiss rule things should be fairly easy
nothing goes right 100% of the time but the success will be more than not

Back
Top Bottom