Lost1's bagseed CFL cabinet farm, 1st grow

IMO the venting fans arent enough. You will just have to try.

I Have a smaller cabinet and I needed 2 4" inline duct fans sucking out.

then i put 2 more 4" fans the lower holes sucking in.. I had 8 t5 cfls still went to 95 a few times..

Just keep this in mind: it's 4 times easier for a fan to suck air through a tube then blow it through.

I've read were higher temps, over 75-78 will influence sex, forcing more males to develop. High humidity is great for vegging, but not for flowering. Like MeanBean points out, having a fan that draws air up, and out of the growing area in sufficient volume that your plants can be seen gently moving in a constant flow of fresh air from below is what your shooting for.

Thanks for the advice because more bulbs = more heat.
I am going to do something different.

Here are the fans. I know that the other picture they cant really be seen.
lower_fan.JPG

upper.JPG

I added this the other night.
15th_3.JPG

This is today...
15th_1.JPG

15th_2.JPG

I plan on transplanting this weekend, is this to soon?

once the cups start drying out quickly you know the roots have filled it up. you can also carefully tip one upside down. there should be a webbing of white roots all around the outside. then you should transplant

i love the festive cups

Excellent re potting advise Flurple. At least a 4" fan, I have a modified 9" two speed desk fan, and I'm wondering if I have enough CFM flow to push through the carbon filter I'm looking to build.....if not, back to the drawing board.

Plants look good btw.

@ MeanBean Thanks

@ KrissK70 Thanks, but it is store bought. I just cut some holes. Everyone could build this.

@ Flurple Thanks that is great. I will check tomorrow.

@ OldSkoool How loud is that fan you are running? My biggest problem is noise. The cabinet is in our bedroom, right next to our bed.

Lost1, this is a learning process, and it seems to me that you are doing great! you find a problem then work out a solution to it! This is how it should be, as you go thorugh it you will find the student will soon be able to be the teacher,to the next line of students. That is the whole idea of this community, of brothers and sisters!

That's the beauty of his site!

@ MeanBean Thanks

@ KrissK70 Thanks, but it is store bought. I just cut some holes. Everyone could build this.

@ Flurple Thanks that is great. I will check tomorrow.

@ OldSkoool How loud is that fan you are running? My biggest problem is noise. The cabinet is in our bedroom, right next to our bed.

Like any fan, it generates air flow noise, but I wouldn't say it's obtrusive.

Soil looks dry in the new pots, but that could just be surface drying, or perhaps mild shock following transplanting them. Just make sure you don't water unless the soil feels dry when you stick a finger down an inch and a half on the edge of the pot. They should recover, just keep an eye on them.

just curious, are you still using the mg organic choice or did you get diff soil? ours were looking droopy & turning yellow, we transplanted last Saturday into ff ocean forest and they look healthy and have doubled or even tripled in size since then. we had 3 that we were sure weren't going to make it since they were very yellow and brittle, but those 3 are doing just fine too

When I removed them from the cups water was dripping from the bottoms.
Mostly from the 1 in the last picture.
When I did the new pots I added 1" of river rock.
I also mixed the MG soil 60% w/ the perlite 40%.
I moistened the soil in layers and left the top kinda dry.
Tomorrow we will see how they are doing, I am on strike and will not open it today at all.

Oh yeah I had trouble finding $10 for the rocks and perlite so new soil was not an option.

Is every soil out there from Scotts or what?

Back
Top Bottom