Lost1's bagseed CFL cabinet farm, 1st grow

Lost1

Hello everyone,
This is my first grow and have limited resources.
I will attempt to start and maintain a cabinet farm.

My setup:
48" wardrobe
Lots of cfl's. 6 42w 2700k, 4 27w 5500k, 2 23w 3500k, and an almost unlimited supply of 14w 2700k.
Intake & exhaust fans, both are 120cm cpu fans. No filter yet.

vegdone.JPG

The left mid. area will be for veg.
The lower left will be for clones once a mom is found.
The area on the right will be for flowering and will get vented later.
The upper will be storage and drying area.

I hope someone else see's my vision.

DSC010071.JPG

2 day old babies under 1 42w 2700k and 3 27w 5500k bulbs.

DSC010093.JPG

Right now the babies are in MG organic soil.

All input is welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Looks good... What kinda nutes do u plan on using?

^ not sure yet. I thought I would have some time before I needed nutes because the soil is MG.
I could be wrong, so please correct me.
I've read so much in the past month that it is like an information overload.

I have no grow shop in my town. Could I use something from a hardware store or wal-mart?
If not, it must wait until I am able to make an internet purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I have been building - updating my cabniet for a year now. I switched to leds but cfls will work for the first time.

Heat is an issue with too may cfls in a cabinet. Keep venting up!

Also with a cabniet grow space is an issue once your plants are there.

to get max harvets for yer situation I would split it diffrently. I would make that whole top third area the veg and the whole bottom the flower.

It is 71 3/4 in. high x 48 in. wide x 20 1/2 in. deep ClosetMaid and are available lots of places. I found it first on closetmaid.com.

Also I'm not trying to grow alot, I just need enough to keep my wife and I happy.

Do you think my ventilation is inadequate?

P.S. This must be completely contained. All activity must happen in this cabinet plus it stores anything related.

dude, do you know if the soil you used contained nutes or not? I know when I got my soil, it didn't mention anywhere on the package that it contained nutes, and through discussions on here, I've read some people finding the Organic Choice soil that contained nutes.

I'm guessing they make 2 different kinds, with and without.

i hope you have better luck than i did with the mg organic choice
1st week looked good ..the 2nd week 3 of 6 the leaves started drooping turned yellow with brown spots and died
transplanted into foxfarm oceanforest soil and the remaining 3 are coming back to life
but this is the first time i have tried to grow anything so could have been me and not the soil

btw the cab looks good

Well what exactly is powering the vent? I don't see a fan. Also keep in mind you don't want to be working on the cabinet when stuff is growing, it just sucks. - plus it noids you having everything all open while u drill away.

One dropped screwdriver and bye bye head bud. Also I would Put some holes in the bottom to draw in cool air as the top sucks out da hot.

I don't think the flowering room is big enough for 2 people 2 smoke on. Besides if you're going to do all this get enough so you have extra and could shut down the operation for awhile if needed...

AS far as veg the combo mom/clones of both areas is enough but there's no need to separate. Plus clones and veging plants like heat more so than flowering, so put them up top. as far as drying, once you cut down the flowers you will have plenty of space in there even if you putting new plants in there.

Another thing, looks like lite will be beeming out the door edges, get some serious glue like epoxy and glue door sealer just into the door line on the case. It will work but may occasionally peel up.

I hate how the doors are on inside ya know!?

Looks good. You may want to throw a thermometer in the grow area to check temps, 75-78 degrees would be ideal during veg.

Good Luck!

the temp will do...on my last grow i was totally broke and coulodnt do anything about the heat...my temps got to 90 sometimes... and it still grew...

it wont be the best temps but it will still be fine..these plants grow in tropical regions that are much hotter than 81 degreees

Did u change the title of ur grow?

Back
Top Bottom