First timer experience growing grow

Some day 12 pics! She's getting bushy but still staying short due to the closeness of the light:) I'd say this whole thing has been a complete success even before determining sex just because I've gathered first-hand experience and that's what really matters. Enjoy.
daay12.jpg

day122.jpg

if you can add more soil now to start burying that stem. oh and fyi i bought a 1.5 cu ft bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forest from my local grow shop, it was only $20 and ive filled a 4 gal pot & a 3 gal pot, gave some to a friend, & i still have a 1/4 bag left. also its some badass soil.

Gotcha. Does this give a huge boost to results? Do you need to bury a node or two?

Cheers

Hello tead. Thanx for checkin out my journal! Well this is the only reason why I am in a situation to bury the stem, because it's gigantous!
DSC01975.JPG

Hey bro, glad your trying ur shot at growing..
as soon as you can i would get rid of that tin cup and use something else.. if u dont have any plant containers lying around, you can just use like a regular mop bucket or something, clean and sterilize it and put some holes in the bottom..
and MG nutes will do jus fine, but once possible you might want to pick up some better nutes, and some soil too..

but ur plant looks healthy so you should be alright for the next two weeks.

your priority would be to get the soil tho, because with dug up dirt you dont kno what kinda bugs were in it or the ph of it..

and for your nutes...

for the veg stage you are going to want the nutes to be at a 3-1-2 or 3-1-1 ratio

and for flower you want a 2-3-1 nute ratio...

if ur on a budget i reccomend goin to home depot and gettin a bag of MG blood meal and some shultz all purpose plant food plus...

they cost under $10 together and will definitely do the job for your grow until you can upgrade..

good luck bro :ganjamon:

She's looking great. I would transplant this weekend or at most 1 more week. Ya just going to use plain ol dirt when you do it? BTW sorry if I missed it, but what's your light schedule?

Thanx dfw-guy. I was planning on going to lowes or hd and getting some plain cheap potting soil, maybe perlite and a 3 gallon pot. I also got some bloom booster. I haven't used any yet but I'm planning on mixing up a very weak gallon over the weekend. She has been on 12/12 for about 2 weeks now!

i cant believe the stem is that long and still growing like it is. but good luck buddy. of fyi, i used Hyponex soil in my phototron, it was $1.30 at ace hardware, and kmart. decent soil too. also ditch the MG plant food, yes the blood meal would be a good addition, but get shultz plant food. if you can. also, check around online, you may have a grow shop nearby, i didnt think there was any near me, and ive for 5!! lmao. only been to 2 and i think i found the one i will continue to shop at. they gave me a $450 light system and a $12 bottle of FF bug spray for $330 out the door, because i could get the same light combo online for $290. so he hooked me up.

Back
Top Bottom