First timer experience growing grow

AmGrowR

Hello everyone! I think I'm ready to start a journal. This is more an experience builder than a grow. I'm not really expecting buds but that would be freakin awesome. All I expect to take from this is knowledge and knowledge is power!!! Well let me give you guys a brief history on the plant. It's an unknown strain(bagseed) from some junk I had. It's in a one gallon bucket with just plain old soil I dug up from the ground. The first couple weeks I didn't have a good light so it was "grown" (more like stretched) underneath an incandescent bulb. I had to tie it down twice already and it's been underneath a 42w/150w equivalent cfl as of 3 days ago. In those 3 days the plant exploded compared to the incandescent "growth" rate. I water with purified water every 3-5 days depending on soil dryness. No nutes but if anyone thinks it would be beneficial to me to get some MG bloom booster please let me know( I only say MG because I don't know how to get my hands on any of the good stuff )Oh also it's been on 12/12 as of 2 days ago because I'm trying to keep height down and the pot size is fairly small. I'll post pics in a minute. Any input is GREATLY appreciated! Thanx Everyone.

Day 1 of cfl use.
DSC01827_picnik.jpg

day414.jpg
Here is day 4. You can see where I did some early lst'ing. If you look closely there is also a blue string holding it down at the bottom.

Your going to have to get something other than a turned over lamp when she gets bigger ;)
She looks really good though, nice and healthy! I love the cat, animals are funny.
You poked drain holes in your container right?
The MG nutes wouldn't be the best, but hey it's better than nothing. I would start using them around your 12-14th day.

Thanx dfw-guy. I'm planning on getting a y socket and another 42w, warm white cfl this time. The one I have now I'm not really sure what kind it is. It's a GE energy saver and it says general purpose on the box( doesn't say anything about warm or soft white or anything ). Thanx for complimenting Herman too! She appreciates it! She ate my first four attempts( no more leaving it in the window ). Ya I stabbed a bunch of holes in the bottom of the container before I filled it. I know the MG is very frowned upon around here but I also assumed that something would be better than nothing especially since it's just dug up soil.

Good for you man!

When you're only growing a few plants, and especially one or two, you can really learn a lot because your attention is more focused.

Your plant seems to be doing well. A pic from the side showing the whole plant, not just the top, would be helpful too.

Your cat makes me laugh ;).

Thanx everyone!! It's very nice to know that some people who actually know what they're doing think she looks healthy. It instills confidence in the noob grower. Thanks tunes for the reps on the cat. Well here is the day six pic along with an attempted side shot. It's very difficult to get a side shot due to the rim of the container and the small stature of the plant.
day61.jpg
sideshot1.jpg

A couple furry friend pics

Hey Herman!!! Get away from there!!!!!
kitty1.jpg

Look at her. She knows what she did.
kitty2.jpg

Thanx dfw-guy, she is growing rapidly. I notice new growth every day!! My only concern is the stems' goofy, long-skinny nature. A fan would straighten that problem out though, right? I'm also thinking about twist-tying it to a stick. Probably going to do that within the next couple days. Also, I'm not sure what that is coming up out of the soil. It's some kind of little weed is my best guess I've had about 5 of them already come up and I always just yank them out. It's because I just dug the soil up from the ground, it came with little weeds and LOTS of bugs!

Blah on the bugs! By twist-tying it to a stick you mean LST'ing her, I would wait a little bit. Personally I waited to start LST when the stem was tall enough to reach the edge of the pot when bent over. And yes, a fan blowing on the plant will help strengthen the stem. It doesn't really seem necessary at this point, however later when the plant is large and if for some reason can not support itself, telling it to build strength is a must. Really you don't have to have a fan, They know when you touch them and will build resilience accordingly.
Edit: Also you may want to try putting a layer of sand (or perlite if you have it) on top of your soil. That should keep anything else from sprouting.

Thanx again dfw-guy. All this info is really helping me out in being more confident towards this grow being "successful" by that I mean flowering regardless of sex. Cannabis is a beautiful plant and i'll grow it anyways. Plus Medical Marijuana said the male flowers can be smoked after the pollen is removed and they are dried.....but you always hope it's a female!! lol

Back
Top Bottom