First Timer in a Small Space

Well....I understand now why my buds aren't growing and why my plant is getting "stemmy". I've been reading alot about pruning. One should not prune within a month of flowering and never while flowering.

I not only pruned...I pruned twice...extensively on large fan leaves. My readings told me about flowering hormone levels that need to build up again. Could take as long as a month but ususally less. So now I've lengthened my grow time by hopefully no more than a month. DAMN!!

My advice to others from my hard learned lesson. Do not prune close to flowering time or in flowering. Deal with it...don't touch it!!:oops:

Well....I understand now why my buds aren't growing and why my plant is getting "stemmy". I've been reading alot about pruning. One should not prune within a month of flowering and never while flowering.

I not only pruned...I pruned twice...extensively on large fan leaves. My readings told me about flowering hormone levels that need to build up again. Could take as long as a month but ususally less. So now I've lengthened my grow time by hopefully no more than a month. DAMN!!

My advice to others from my hard learned lesson. Do not prune close to flowering time or in flowering. Deal with it...don't touch it!!:oops:

AMEN :welldone:

Oh btw I dial up my nutes and when I see the tips starting a burn I hold. Great job flushing the salts will cause mucho problemos amigo, I also use Drip Clean but do not use FF I use H&G.

Thanks Wing. Much love:thanks: I think I've got the neuts pushed as far as they can go. Just the tips are a little burnt and that's it. I did some LST in the veg state. Now one of the stems is as long as the main line. Freaking awesome!! I'll be posting new pics maybe next week. This week it's just filling in and getting fatter...next week I should have some great trich pics.

Here's the update:

Plants were moved to 12/12 on 26 May. So I'm at Week 9 or Day 67. April has 2 main thick fat colas that are much much larger than the 15 or so others. I took April out of the cabinet and cleared out the closet which is much more open to give her space to breathe. She has responded. I have a bastard step child plant in the back which I have not named but she has produced one main cola which does not show many trichs by is fat fat fat. Quite some time back I stopped using the Fox Farms feeding schedule and started going by my observations. They say that you should use the Grow Big which is high N all the way thru flowering. If you look at the pics you'll see how the leaves in the buds got really really stemmy. I think this is a combo effect. 1. I pruned during flowering (twice) and 2. Excess Nitrogen from the Grow Big. So I abanonded that quite some time ago and am just using the Tiger bloom and Big Bloom. April responded. April has cloudy trichs by no amber I can find thus far. Yesterday I did a res. change and this week I'm only using the Big Bloom 1 or 2 tablespoons in a 7 gal res. Basically this is my flush. I should have amber trichs by next Friday which is when I'm going to Chop Chop then snip snip for hours. A week of drying and then 3 weeks of curing. I'll post pics on harvest day! This is AWESOME!!:cheer:

CIMG6344_2_.jpg
CIMG6343_2_.jpg
CIMG6341_2_.jpg
CIMG6339_2_.jpg
CIMG6337_2_.jpg
CIMG6336_2_.jpg
CIMG6335_2_.jpg
CIMG6334_2_.jpg
CIMG6333_2_.jpg
CIMG6332_2_.jpg
CIMG6329_2_.jpg
CIMG6328_2_.jpg
CIMG6327_2_.jpg
CIMG6326_2_.jpg
[

MrBlonde, Thats a hell of a first time grow !! You should get a hell of a nice harvest ! I'd like to see you get a 4x4 tent to grow in next time !! :peace:

Thanks Olhip! Actually I have to chop on next Friday because I'm moving across the country on next sunday. So I won't have another grow for like 6 mos or more. But when I do finally get situated I'm setting up a wonderful grow. I've been planning it in my head since I started this one. I'm hoping for 4 z's out of this grow but who knows what the final will end up.

Hope your moving out west where the weed is legal and the best is yours for the growing ! Central Coast !! The garden spot !

I actually don't know where we're going to end up. I also am hoping the job situation brings me out west. MM is legal where I am as well but I prefer the climate out west along with the attitudes. Central coast could be wonderful. I love N. Cali. I've been there a couple of times and it's sooooo beautiful. I've got fam in S. Cali but screw that. I don't know if I can wait another week hahaah. Pretty buds....must smoke...:roorrip:

I'll take anywhere ,Ca, over a lot of other places,USA. Can't beat the weather just watch out for the fires, earthquakes ,and mudslides,serial killers,drug cartells,but we have the Sierras,Big Sur , The Pacific Ocean ,Mammoth Mt. !! Ca.'s great !! Nov 20th legal weed !! :wood: :surf:

Thanks langa. I don't know if I'm a natural but I will tell you this. I read alot. Alot. Alot. I bought Jorge Cervantes' book called Marijuana Horticulture The indoor/outdoor Medical Growers Bible. I've read it cover to cover (though not in order) at least 5 times on this grow. I obsess over April. I check her at least 5 times a day. I have to tie my hands together not to mess with her (I like to play). I just look and watch and read, read, read. After I've read something on a website I check it against my Cervantes book. If the advice is different I defer to the book. Jorge has never been wrong. The down side to his book is there isn't a whole lot about hydro. So I've had to go by what I've read online. I'm still looking for a reputable hydro book. I'm sure they're out there. I wanted this grow to be huge because I only had space for one plant and I'm moving so I have to take a 6 month break from my grow and the last bag I got was CRAPPY! I'm growing my own meds from now on. FATTY FATTY FATTY!!:)

well the bible is good i have it too but i do like to hear what guys have to say on here cause you cant beat experience,haha you sound like me keep checking at least if anything is going to go wrong you can catch it nice and early i love looking at the ladies cant believe how much the grow in flower, i do see a huge difference in speed of growth in hydro so i may try it out one day,ive just read a whole thread on doing 12/12 from seed and boy this grow was huge and only using a slow release plant fertilizer along side some more expensive ones like a comparison of whats best and well the slow release nutes were about 90% cheaper and the results were amazing much denser and huge buds so im going down this route for my next grow i think ....need to finish mine off first, what a hobby us guys have utter brilliance :peace:

I agree with the experience thing. Jorge seems to have it down brother! I'm really obsessive because it's my first grow. But when I begin again I think I'll be a little more relaxed about it. I've seen ppl that do 12/12 from seed. They do fine. This being my first and I'm doing hydro I really don't know about soil. I've read about it but no experience. I think I'm really diggin this hydro. It has not been faster but that is due to my screwing up and clipping tons of fan leaves which redirected the hormones of the plant back to growing leaves instead of flowers. I think had I not done that I would have been cutting last week instead of this coming week. Also I've learned that if you want dense and heavy buds supply lots of light, air, and water. Neuts are important but as I've learned not as much as the air, light and water. I took a little snippy snippy of April last friday and have been drying it. We'll see what it smokes like. What's the weather like there in the UK...hot as hell here.

Mr Blonde, Congrats on your first upcomming hydro harvest !! They get easier as you go , you'l start to read the plants and let them tell you what they want ...I've learned one thing last grow was don't over do the nutes !! I'm using half of what I did last time and doing much better ! Water temps in hydro is more important than the air temp or humdity, a lot of people get the little temp and humid thermom. and think everythings good !, than their roots start to rot and bugs start flying around :yikes: so watch your res temps (below 70) and save money on nutes for a few grows before you try the expensive additives . They can burn a plant pretty bad pretty quick ! See you guys around the site , stay high and good or just good and high !!

i hear you mr b im the same but with hydro..not a clue soil is good for me at the moment although right now ive just started having some issues so fingers crossed ive done the right thing to sort it we shall have to see, def right with lights temps air thats what they get plenty of outdoors where the originate from i think trying to create that kind of atmosphere is important, as for the weather god man its not good never is really hot spells then rain you know the usual...oh you wouldnt know haha

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom