First Grow, DWC StealthHydro Bucketeer

The leaves I have been worried about sort of come and fade. I highlighted them with stars in todays pic lol. Also something interesting.

Yesterday morning a buddy of mine said he wanted to start a plant of his own. So I offered him one of the seeds I had. He said he wanted to give the greenhouse seeds The Church a shot. I told him to swing by and grab the seed whenever he wanted. He told me if i could start the germing process for him, he'd be up later in the afternoon to pick her up. Me being the good friend I am, repeated the process that worked for me, and even built him a neat little humidity dome out of a empty cd spindle I had layin around.

Well, last night he didn't show up. So the seed stayed soaking in her cup until this morning. I sent him a text and he said it was a no go...He forgot to get clearance from his wife to put a plant in the closet. Well I figured, since the damn seed was already wet and ready, I might as well build her a bubble bucket of her own.

A quick trip to walmart, and about $15 later, I ended up with a dual outlet 30-60 gallon air pump and two 6" stones. Came home and put together a bucket just like the one I have my jalapeno and basil plant in, which is basically an empty cat litter bucket, light proofed with super sticky black duct tape.

The wife has been yelling at me for years to get rid of my leaning tower of buckets, I told her someday I would have a use for them. Turns out...that day is here! lol.

The church seed was taken out of the cup apx 24hrs after it was put in yesterday. Popped her into the rockwool, and strapped her into her new home. The drip is the same system that was removed from the Hashplant Haze.

Now a question... Assuming everything goes smooth with this Church seedling, would it be possible to hold the Hashplant Haze in veg long enough for the Church to catch up, and switch them to flower at the same time? I'd really like to avoid needing separate rooms/timers/fans, etc., if at all possible.

day24hph-1.jpg

day24hph-2.jpg

Churchplanted.jpg

early on you need low EC like 1.5 then you can slowly up it to 2.0 once there are 4-6 leaves around - just add small amounts and check over periods of time say every 6-12

its easy to make mistakes here, it really depends on the schedule provided by whoever created the nutrients an EC window for veg is 2.0-2.5 and flower 2.2-3.0

whats the ppm, i think your plant is lacking nutes or something,.hmm

I wish I knew what the ppm was, but I'm running this round without any meters. The only thing I have are PH test strips from stealth hydro. :bong:

I will tune in for this grow seeing I also use a stealth hydro bucketeer, I like to see what other cats are doing with the same gear. I have 2 cheese in a bucket and they are doing great so far.

I will tune in for this grow seeing I also use a stealth hydro bucketeer, I like to see what other cats are doing with the same gear. I have 2 cheese in a bucket and they are doing great so far.

I dig that 2 in 1 bucket you got goin on. Might as well put two in there with the amount of hydroton these big ass bucket baskets take!:grinjoint:

Skipped pics yesterday, but spent some time draining the nutrient solution, cleaning the bucket, refilling. Lots of family drama got in the way of pics yesterday but I don't think I missed anything important in plant land. :bong:

day26hph-1.jpg

day26hph-2.jpg

They sure look like they have grown bigger than before. Put a tape measurer on the side and see what you are getting in growth daily. Are the roots in the deep water ? How much?

I have been seeing some pretty decent growth both up top and in the root system, I'll grab some root pics today. I'll give the tape measure a shot starting today as well. I'm only filling the 5 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of water.
Due to the size of the basket, I can't put more than 2 gallons in the bucket and still leave a couple inches of air. Should I put 3 gallons in, and let the roots in the basket get some deep water love too? Maybe that's what she needs to lift off? :peace:

maybe you just got some runts man.. like purpdaddy..

The runt option is still on the table, but I'd rather blame it on my noobish grow skills than the breeders genetics. I'm not one to blame others for my mistakes :ganjamon:

She may not be much to look at, and I'm prob at least 3 weeks behind in size, but I'm pretty proud of her :). I included the tape measure shot so you guys can really see just how small she is, since everything is different in picture land. :peace:

day27hph-1.jpg

day27hph-2.jpg

day27hph-3.jpg

day27hph-4.jpg

I just re-read the stealth hydro instructions for the bucketeer and noticed it said to fill the bucket so the bottom 2" of the basket are submerged. Added exactly 1 gallon and that covered the bottom 2" of the basket. She should appreciate the easier access now?

I have been seeing some pretty decent growth both up top and in the root system, I'll grab some root pics today. I'll give the tape measure a shot starting today as well. I'm only filling the 5 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of water.
Due to the size of the basket, I can't put more than 2 gallons in the bucket and still leave a couple inches of air. Should I put 3 gallons in, and let the roots in the basket get some deep water love too? Maybe that's what she needs to lift off? :peace:

That air pocket is much needed in between the bottom of the cups and top of the water, especially until you get some great big long roots and in the water. If you do add more water, only do it in timed increments like a half an hour and then drain it back out.

Back
Top Bottom