First Grow Ever, Using CFL

Looking good CFL, I'm not sure about the lights because I don't use HID. 400w might be too much. To stop light leaks from your vents you can get a carbon prefilter for a household air purifier and put a couple layers over the hole. They still flow air well and sell them at any home improvement store. :goodjob::peace:

Well today i gave them full strength nutes, seaweed and extra molasses.
They are in the middle of their fourth week flowering. Total age is one month and 14 days.

I took a lot of pictures and also added a lighter for size comparison next to main stem bud sites, also took some random bud shots from the plants.

Plant #1 My favorite one, been like that for a long time, have i mentioned it before?
IMG_49891.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4995.JPG

plant #2 The runt, tho the buds are looking most mature on this one.
IMG_49971.JPG

IMG_49981.JPG

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_50001.JPG

Plant #3 On this one the buds are looking most immature, but it hase the most bud sites
IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5003.JPG

IMG_50021.JPG

Starting to look a little frosty, and smelling like fresh pine resin :ganjamon: but they still got 3 to 4 weeks to go after this week in my opinion.

:peace:

Freakin unbelievable CFL. Been watching you from the when ya put them in that box, move them to your cupboard and all the stuff you been doing to keep them healthy and going growing. Great job and as I said when you moved them to the cupboard, I think your going to like the end product. Again, great job. I hope mine comes out as good as yours does.

Dude i love this grow. Its been very helpful to me so far. I hope my CFL grow buds out nice like this. Thanks for the journal!

8o8's

Im glad you all are enjoying this, Goof vibes!:cool: YeaH! :smokin:

Damn, im so baked, :slide: today i nicked one small top, in the morning quick dried it and smoked it, for being smokless for so long WHOA! The smoke was a little harsh but the high is SO AMAZING!!!! Might be the best thing i have ever had and it is not even ready yet,dried correctly, flushed or cured :cool:. I am amazed, tottaly blown away by this home grown stuff. :cheer: WTF and it is only some shitty bagseed :grinjoint:

Ahhhhhh, sweeet :smokin:

"Yo man i got that dank right now son for $70 1/8th"
--Is it good this time man?
"Well ill put it to you this way, its better than that shit i sold you last week for $80"

Next time i hear these words im going to punch a bitch.

lol. Its always been a rip off over there generally anyway. In Europe we pay about ermmm, 160 dollars for top grade skunk per ounce.

I went mad at a friend of a friend when I was in the states as I was adamant I was getting ripped off big time so I caused a right scene. Only to find out later that it was the actual 'going' rate haha

no wonder on tv you always see people sharing these teeeny little joints between like 6 people and using like tweezers to hold t. funny as f**k. lol Id need ten of them to get a hit

:thumb:

lol. Its always been a rip off over there generally anyway. In Europe we pay about ermmm, 160 dollars for top grade skunk per ounce.

Is that why there have been so many stories about people getting bags that had sand, ground glass, etc. in them in European countries? Trying to make the money under the table instead of over the counter?

Of course I'm guessing those stories are examples of the extreme rather than the status quo (as I don't read about thousands of dealers being killed). But still, it does show that price is not the only indication of a rip-off.

I went mad at a friend of a friend when I was in the states as I was adamant I was getting ripped off big time so I caused a right scene. Only to find out later that it was the actual 'going' rate haha

Do not feel bad, I have been in the same situation when visiting friends and relatives who only live 800-1500 miles away instead of in another country. Price seems to vary quite a lot in this country and it is not always reflective of the quality of the product, the expenses incurred in producing it, or the legal scene in the area. There are people who've been growing in one form or another for many years that find little ways to increase the quality of their product every year - and never think to increase their prices. And then there are others who, truth be told, should write "Cannabis Grower" (or "Dealer") on their non-existent tax returns because that's their profession and source of income. They price their product accordingly, because they ARE in it for the green (and I am not referring to the buds). I guess it just depends on the motivation of the person who's moving the product.

no wonder on tv you always see people sharing these teeeny little joints between like 6 people and using like tweezers to hold t. funny as f**k. lol Id need ten of them to get a hit

:thumb:

Part of that is probably because on tv they're not actually smoking it to get high but instead because it is scripted.

Part of it is also probably because in this country, we don't add tobacco to the cannabis when rolling joints, lol. With no filler you can end up with more cannabis even when the joint is smaller.

Is that why there have been so many stories about people getting bags that had sand, ground glass, etc. in them in European countries? Trying to make the money under the table instead of over the counter?

well absolutely, there is a lot of crap that gets sold but most people are oblivious to it you know? Even engione oil and all sorts of nasty stuff gets sold to the ignorant. Solids is the most smoked for the day to day smokers. Most don't reallly smoke for medical reasons as such, they smoke to get stoned then many get addicted to the tobacco they use to mix with. There definitely is a lot of crap in that stuff.

As for under the counter there really is little choice so it has to be that way of course, even if you want to sort out yer friends you have to buy it somewhere then split it up into smaller weights. That is how 90% of it works really. Now you could be classed as a dealer but that's a bit unfair.

Do not feel bad, I have been in the same situation when visiting friends and relatives who only live 800-1500 miles away instead of in another country. Price seems to vary quite a lot in this country and it is not always reflective of the quality of the product, the expenses incurred in producing it, or the legal scene in the area.

I have never seen it be sold at less than what we would class as expensive tho, that was my point really. I was saying I can get top quality skunk for that 160 dollars, the price is pretty consistent across dozens of countries in Europe you know?

There are people who've been growing in one form or another for many years that find little ways to increase the quality of their product every year - and never think to increase their prices. And then there are others who, truth be told, should write "Cannabis Grower" (or "Dealer") on their non-existent tax returns because that's their profession and source of income. They price their product accordingly, because they ARE in it for the green (and I am not referring to the buds). I guess it just depends on the motivation of the person who's moving the product.

I dig what you are saying, most dealers/growers motivation is to make money for sure and rightly so. Not their fault that it isn't legal of course lol

Part of that is probably because on tv they're not actually smoking it to get high but instead because it is scripted.

Part of it is also probably because in this country, we don't add tobacco to the cannabis when rolling joints, lol. With no filler you can end up with more cannabis even when the joint is smaller.

We do use tobacco for sure as I mentioned earlier, not a good thing but even at 160 an ounce we cannot afford to roll it neat I guess as an ounce will last the average smoker only a month as it is. If it was 300 an ounce that would just compound the problem I guess. If I smoke a bong or smething, I still want that joint in my hand and mouth straight after lol

I feel from yer answers you got a little defensive. Hope you didn't feel the need to be, basically I was just saying that it is overpriced over there, we all here know how much it costs to grow.

I notice Obama saying that he didn't want mom n pop people growing and selling. Basically cos it would bring the prices down I suspect right? Well good for the majority I say.

:peacetwo: :passitleft:

I feel from yer answers you got a little defensive.

Perhaps; it was unintentional. Just pointing out that there are problems (of various sorts) the world over.

No worries.:thumb:

I notice Obama saying that he didn't want mom n pop people growing and selling. Basically cos it would bring the prices down I suspect right?

Personally, I feel that he just does not like ol' Mom & Pop. They're independent sorts, hard to control as a unit, have been known to stand up not only for themselves but also their family, friends - even strangers. And while most do not look a gift horse in the mouth - some still remember to count its teeth (and to check for bits of the last person in there). Some might find such a "class" of people strange...

...and dangerous.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom