First Grow Ever, Using CFL

Haha !Thats some good weed talk, uh and that reminds me me of a birthday not so long ago. Two of my friends managed to get an oz for all the people to smoke. there were 15 of us at the party.
DSC002591.jpg

We all hit the 3 joints in a circle of 15 people. everybody got 6 hits. Most of them could not manage much more. Then about 7 of us hit the blunt. After that we started ripping bong hits, with the last 5 major smokers, from the newly gifted bong.
So there i am, at 5 am, sitting alone drinking a few beers wondering what happened to all the other people...

One of the most boring birthdays ever, everybody in there was so stoned off their asses, but still good times :ganjamon:

Ok, well they are now a month old :yummy: and just 9 days into flowering! :whoa:
They are side by side in the grow cabinet, getting a little crowded, im even happy that my fourth female candidate turned out to be a male.
Should find a way to let them grow into height, should not do so much LST, but they so seem to like it, dilemma dilemma dilemma.
Also got myself 8-14-9 bloom nutrients with PLUS Micronutrients LOL! instead of 7-3-6 veg nutrients. Can't wait for my pots to get dry. :ganjamon:

Got some shots of the main stems
IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_49371.JPG

There is something brewing in there :yahoo: but im still worried about the unknown bagseed genetics...
Ohh well.

:peace:

lol

Some tidy rolling there amigo..

They seem to be coming along nicely, I hope they turn out to be some wonderful freaky bagseed strain for sure.

:thumb:

Well finally, the pots got dry :grinjoint:
and i have noticed them stinking up the room with some sweet aromas :ganjamon:
Not too skunky tho, kinda sweet.

i gave them 2/3 strength flowering nutrients
seaweed extract
black strap molasses

Lets see how they do .

Hmm i wonder, might one of them be showing signs of both sex
123411.jpg

213134.jpg

Im just worried thats all, but that plant has less pistils than others, also there are those interesting nodes which only appear on that one plant.
Or it might just be a weird mutated runt? it doesn't seem like the usual male flowers. It even does not resemble hermaphrodite pictures from google but im still interested in what it is?
Might they be new set of leaves or something?

Can anyone identify it? Might it be trouble? Toss it? Keep it? Seperate it? Wait some more?

Otherwise they look good :slide:
IMG_4939.JPG

One of the stems had gone under the ghetto ass reflector, That light hungry bastard! :cool:

Hmm i wonder, might one of them be showing signs of both sex
123411.jpg

213134.jpg

Im just worried thats all, but that plant has less pistils than others, also there are those interesting nodes which only appear on that one plant.
Or it might just be a weird mutated runt? it doesn't seem like the usual male flowers. It even does not resemble hermaphrodite pictures from google but im still interested in what it is?
Might they be new set of leaves or something?

Can anyone identify it? Might it be trouble? Toss it? Keep it? Seperate it? Wait some more?

Otherwise they look good :slide:
IMG_4939.JPG

One of the stems had gone under the ghetto ass reflector, That light hungry bastard! :cool:

Actually I think those are just gonna be more budding sites, but I could be wrong, keep an eye on them.

:peace: brother.

i would agree with mountainhigh, does not look like a hermie to me

Ahhh that is good news! I just flipped out about that, first grow and all... Didn't want to lose any more plants.:yummy:

They are 1 month and 4 days old (35 days in total) and have been flowering for 2 weeks.
I made time for a photo session with my girls today so, im not gonna say alot of words, i prefer pictures to words :smokin::surf:

This is the best looking plant Beautiy contest winner!
The main stem #1
IMG_49401.JPG

the whole bush #1
IMG_49411.JPG

a bit artsy #1
IMG_49441.JPG

This is also a good looking girl, beauty contest place number two!:yummy:
The main stem #2
IMG_49491.JPG

Bud formations due to LST on main stem
IMG_4948.JPG

The whole bush #2
IMG_4951.JPG

a bit artsy #2
IMG_4952.JPG

This plant is the one with the weird nodes, and looks kinda runtish, tho she kinda smells the skunkyest.:cool: Beauty contest third place!:goodjob:
The main stem #3
IMG_49451.JPG

The whole bush #3
IMG_49461.JPG

a bit artsy #3
IMG_49471.JPG

A few leaves have been chewed on because of cats! I leave the room for a few seconds and already they are causing trouble! Also they really like to sneak sneak sneak into the grow cabinet when im not looking and the door has been left open for a few seconds, even if there are some plants in there and the lights are on, under any condition they must get in there! I usually have to drag them out :Rasta: Still good times :smokin:

Well now, a lot of pictures. :popcorn:

lol yeahh Im sure, meant the cats. I have insisted they stay out of my new grow room. Very clever they are, I literally say 'out' before they go in and they get the message.

However if I leave a cupboard open in the outer room tho you can guarantee that one of them simply has found it irresistable and when I shout out at one then another will scarper out of the cupboard knocking down whatever I have stacked in there lol

A few leaves have been chewed on because of cats! I leave the room for a few seconds and already they are causing trouble! Also they really like to sneak sneak sneak into the grow cabinet when im not looking and the door has been left open for a few seconds, even if there are some plants in there and the lights are on, under any condition they must get in there! I usually have to drag them out

Cats just aren't designed to respond well to discipline/punishment. It's a mental thing. Mix up some white vinegar / water solution and put it in a spray bottle or squirt gun and hit the cats with it when you catch them somewhere that they are not allowed. It does not hurt them in any way (well, I wouldn't hit them in the eye as it might sting) but they absolutely can't stand the stuff. Do that a few times - and do not use it for a general "I said NO!" thing, only for trespassing - and then you might try placing a slight amount of white vinegar at places where they are not allowed such as the threshold of your grow room. You won't notice the smell very long but the cats will be able to detect it much better (although it will need to be renewed from time to time).

And remember that cats benefit greatly from consuming some plant matter - if they never get let outside to find their own then they cannot be blamed for having to make do with yours - and in that case they may well brave the vinegar to get to it.

Also, they tend to be sociable creatures, and if you spend all of your time in your grow room when you are home then the cats might wander in looking for you (or to rub their scent all over the place when you aren't in there because they think your sense of smell is as developed as theirs is).

Oh some nice cat tips!

I also have some potted grass for them, but they seem to prefer MJ.
I really don't mind if they bite a little, as long as they don't eat the whole plant and i would also be disappointed if they would eat the buds, but deep down i would understand :cool:

They are just curious, about the grow cabinet, and cats tend to like confined spaces to sleep in or just chill, i think i makes them feel more secure, as a cave or something, it is less area to protect.
But i even don't mind them getting into the cabinet. I have had such great laughs thanks to that!
Once one of them got in, so he sat down and relaxed there,in the cabinet. When the time came to put plants back in there i tried to pull him out, because he refused to leave. He got on his feet for a second and then crashed down and started rolling on his back, that just made me laugh my ass off. :grinjoint:
Yeah i can say that my two cats kinda run this place.

Sometimes it is annoying, but then it is my own fault that i leave the door open. I im too lazy to mess with vinegar :popcorn:

I fed them full strength nutrients
seaweed extract
blackstrap molasses

Also i have noticed the lower branch leaves getting a little yellowing, but i think it's normal due to the flowering phase.

Ah i red your journals, bad stuff with the kitten, but that has just made me a little more paranoid of my cats, they are out to get my plants! lol
But your new journal is really impressive! i like it!

Well forget the cats, it has been 4 days after i noticed the nodes, if they are calyxes would they show white hairs?

Well here is my reasoning, they are not yet fully developed, and male flowers would also be in a bunch, Not only one for every branch on either side? If they are calyxes they would develop white hairs on them? Or if they are new budding places they should join with the existing buds. Either way, there is still time if they are male flowers and we shall see what happens. I cut a few off, to see if they come back and how fast, also to see if it would aggravate the other nodes.
It just worries me that i don't exactly know what they are...

Still appearing only on one plant, and i have not found anything like this anywhere else, even in the internets. I am a little worried...
Nodes1.jpg

But i kinda do not believe it is a herm...

yeah it looks like a herm. Watch those things closely and make sure they don't spill pollen onto the buds near it. I would just cut them off. I know my runt that I have now started a few sets of balls when it first entered flowering, since I cut them off, there has been no sign of male flowers and it is budding nicely.

So there's a chance if you cut them off they may not return.. Either way, keep a close eye on it. Nothing wrong with a hermie, it's just a bit of extra work.

Now when your male to female flower ratio goes above half, it's good to say you should just cut it down. But I don't see that happening to you.

The way I took mine off was with tweezers. If you grab them at their base, they come right off without breaking or damaging any other area of the plant stem

The plants are looking great man, keep it up. I love the bondage you're doing on them.. It's definitely the way to go with CFLS

Thank you for your input, im going to get cracking on them with my scalpel, a little surgery.
There are so many sacks! i don't know if i can remove them all but im sure going to try! Remove as many as i can see today and then see after a few days how it's doing, if it keeps putting them up, i am willing to chop it... I hope i can catch em all!

EDIT: After 10 minutes
But i am going to wait a little more to let them grow a bit bigger and see how the ones that i have removed react, they are a pain in the ass to get off... Also they are not so developed as to fear them like death.
Is there no possibility that they are calyxes without pistils? I would need more opinions on what to do.

As far as i can see they are tripods, male pre flowers would be hanging by some kind of a small stem and should look more round? But these are not...
Options options options...

/little bummed out, but happy that two plants are doing good
Im going to sleep :sleep:

Not Hermi IMO, at least not yet.

I think on all my plants I had that solitary Calyx grow below the bud stalk, those look almost exactly like those.

If you look into the bud on the right, you will see Calyx's in the bud without pistil's yet and they look exactly the same right?

Ball's come to a tiny point like that but look a bit more like a watermelon maybe and stand out like a sore thumb because they have NO tric's on them, if you look even those little Calyx's have tiny fur like structures on them.

At least that is how I spotted them in ball hunts....

:peace: brother.

Ball's look alot like that second to bottom one but are smoother looking, they grow on a tiny stalk though, if you took your finger and put it on top of that and wiggled it back and forth it would bust off at the little stalk.

Those are my thoughts and I had them...so I guess I will stick with them. :grinjoint:

What he said ^

I would definitely wait a bit longer before cutting your plant apart. Usually the balls will cluster together also, and they're not anywhere near the point of pollinating just yet

Back
Top Bottom