First Grow Ever, Using CFL

I haven't gone to 12/12 yet they just showed their sex, as i read they may do that from time to time. Don't know the exact reasons.

But as the point of 36 hours of darkness would be to let the roots grow more and i am pretty certain that my roots are pretty well developed and there is limited space in my pots, i don't see any point in that actually. I would do it if i would put them into bigger pots tho. Dunno will see

:peace:

I believe the principal reason for the extended dark period at the beginning of flowering is to get them to start flowering (and/or show sex) faster. But as you are experiencing, when you allow plants to grow to more mature plants first, nature takes care of that, lol.

They loved the drink i gave them yesterday, growing like crazy.
21 days old, i am thinking of getting bigger pots and vegging them for one more week. I haven't got much room in these pots to tie them down. leaves are gathering on top of each other, wasting light...

Just 2 pictures of the nicer ones, don't wanna show the runts ATM :Rasta:
IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_48452.JPG

or i just might get out of my mind and start 12/12.
Is transplanting while on the flowering stage a good idea? or should it be done before going to 12/12?

do it before, because 12/12 is enough shock for them, dont add to it with transplant shock. just my 2 cents :bongrip::peacetwo:

lol go onnn show the runts, will make some of us mere mortals feel better!

:thumb:

That just made my day :thanks: :surf: :yahoo:

I really need something to smoke, my back and migranes are killing me, so i started 36 hour dark period before i go 12/12 gonna see how it works out. New pics will be shown in 36 hours. They were 21 days of age when i started this.
Im not gonna transplant and i am going to try to get along with these pots. :ganjamon:
Also not gonna take clones, maybe later start again from seed. Better ones.
Next time i will be better equipped, so im not gonna milk this grow for every little ounce of potential it has to offer. Only gonna milk it for grow experience. So next time i will know what im working with and what to expect.
Im half way in to this grow and i have learned so much what to do better and not to do. I still got a half way to go and learn, so im exited!

Also i have used up all of my budget so i don't even have money for bigger pots ^_^
Gonna wait for next payday, i have everything i need at the moment, no bud tho...

Also i have used up all of my budget so i don't even have money for bigger pots

I have in the past gotten five-gallon buckets for free by asking people to save them for me. Try restaurant kitchens, painters, etc. They needed a good cleaning, but my time was more plentiful than my cash. Ask around, you never know. They're so plentiful that most don't even bother to ask you what you want them for, they're just happy to give them away.

and just drill a few holes into the bottom...

Now i feel kinda stupid, for not thinking of that myself and more early. Sometimes answers are just behind the next door. Thank you for opening it

My wife got me a couple frosting buckets from safeway, they are great buckets (gonna try and score a few more, they just throw them away). Food grade is desirable when you pick your bucket. Then you can pretty much be sure it is safe to grow in.

They have a wider footprint though.

I use them for watering buckets. I might try another Labrat technique and bottom water this grow...not decided yet, but probably and these buckets are perfect as they are wider than my pots. Sore backs and trying to unstick buckets is no fun when you are holding a wet plant in a 5 gallon pot.

Nice looking grow man, subscribed. I love CFL grows and found yours when it's about to get to the fun part. :peace:

They woke from their 36 hour slumber and what sleeping beauties have i awoken.

What just happened, could someone explain ? :ganjamon: I understand, they streched a bit to find more light but WOW!

The runt #1
IMG_4849.JPG

The beauty #1
IMG_4848.JPG

The beauty #2
IMG_48462.JPG

The runt #2
IMG_4850.JPG

After LST
The Beauties
IMG_48521.JPG

IMG_48512.JPG

The runts
IMG_48542.JPG

IMG_4853.JPG

:ganjamon:

Today they are going to 12/12. Lets see what happens

I thank you for dropping by! ;)
Now the green lime look has faded to darker green.

Also today i gave them 1/3 strength nutrients with seaweed extract. They are looking better than ever.

Gonna post pictures in a few days so not to over flood the thread.

They are 26 days old in total and 3 days into 12/12 cycle after 36h darkness.

Rotten luck, one of the plants that did not show it's sex from the start turned out to be male, so now i am left with 3 girls out of 7... All of the sex is knows :yahoo:

Some Pictures

The one runt that im left with
IMG_48561.JPG

Plant on steroids
IMG_4855.JPG

Im happy with them
IMG_48573.JPG

Groupshot after LST
IMG_48581.JPG

Also, i had to use some copper thread to tie down my plants, should i replace it? Could copper in contact with the plants cause some damage?

Comments?

Hey bro...no clue about the copper. I have had crappy hanger metal next to my stalk and no problem. But plain copper is pretty reactive, so...no clue.

Girls are looking great!!! Your LSTin skill grows!!!!

I am spending more time in veg LSTin my BB Cheese. It has gone insane from me applying the rack, over 20 tops now and they are just growing out of everywhere, probably have 30 or more by the time I bloom her in just over a week...according to what I want to do with nutes...tonight she gets her first and last full grow A&B from my Dutchmasters nutes.

I will be watching :reading420magazine:. Keep it green!

:peace: brother.

Hey CFL,

The plants are lookin great! I Can't wait to see some flowers on them!!

I'm not sure about the copper ties, but I don't think it will be bad for them. Give it a go. I use hemp twine...it works well, and is made from the same stuff as the plant. Really many things work, as long as it bends the plants and doesnt cut into them. You should e fine.

Wow 20 tops! I might try to get something like that someday, should do a one plant in a big ass pot to cover all my grow area and then let it grow to hights.

Well yea, it sometimes is quite a headache to tie them. But i'll manage :yahoo:

Can't wait to see tops tho yeah

Thank you for the positive vibes!

Back
Top Bottom