First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

I would get a PH test kit from home depot, or an hydro-store.

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

Umm what do i do if the ph level is too high or too low? and what should the ph level be at?

OK, before I even began to grow I read for a long time. I suggest you use the SEARCH feature at the top of this page. Growing anything is not easy and requires time to invest in education, learn! Dont be one of the masses that has to be spoon-feed every last bit of information.

Or start out by reading the stickies in the relevant forums. Looks to me like the staff here put a bit of effort into getting a lot of basic information together in such a way that it would be easily accessible. I'm guessing that they didn't do so for themselves (well, they probably thought it might cut down on 1001 absolutely basic questions lol, but you know what I mean).

Leaves curling could be from too much water. Considering that gravity will cause the water to collect at the bottom of the growing medium , water less. .... Also , the root system may also be affected by gravity and not form normally . This is an intersesting experiment to conduct ... shows an inquiring mind . Best wishes for your sucess . :nicethread::smokin:

Day 12
ttw2.jpg

ttw2_1.jpg

This is a LR2 I did last year. I think if I tried it again I would use a different strain and allow to veg some right side up. Growing outside, of course she grew towards the sun.
LR_001.JPG

TopsyTurvy couldn't the white platform reflecting light have something to do with the plant wanting to curl upwards?

TopsyTurvy couldn't the white platform reflecting light have something to do with the plant wanting to curl upwards?

you know i was thinking the same, what if instead of having the light next to it why dont you put the light right under it to make it face up that way the plant wont look for the light up top but at the bottom and grow towards the bottom

umm my lights are right under it and have been the whole time, and no im going to veg upside down and everything its an expirement its with a regee seed if this comes out alright im goinng to use my good shit and get more into it so well just have to wait and see.

If you are growing outside, the plant will always curl upwards towards the sun. My idea of vegging upright was to train the plant to curl upwards all around the pot instead of as in pic. I did it for the fun of it and think it would be a great way to confuse those who may see your hanging plant. I live in the country and don't really worry about neighbors but love to try something different. It seems I always heard people talking about TopsyTurvy's method, but never saw anyone attempt it.

Hat's off to you, TopsyTurvy, for working outside of the box! I wish you the best in your grow and will continue to watch with great interest:goodjob:.

try AK topped in that it tends to branch heavily

Day 17

day172.jpg

lookin healthy

I don't think I explained myself properly the first time. TopsyTurvy's grow (Inside), not Herb Fellow's (Outside), seems to be curling upwards due to reflection from the white platform. Maybe? Just a guess really...

Reflection.jpg

Paraphrase:

"Light from a 1000 watt bulb was maintained approximately thirty inches below the plants. After a period of six hours all plants which had turned upward during the night, except the sunflower and balsams, had turned down directly toward the light. With few exceptions this position was maintained
throughout the experiment"

This part isn't happening for TopsyTurvy.

Herb Fellow: How did you get your hands on an article from 1934? That must be some wicked crazy archive you have lol.

I thought it was really interesting that not all the plants turned down toward the light. My thoughts are that the plant will always grow towards the light, but do wonder about gravity's effect on the roots. The article did state, "A preliminary survey reveals that some plant stems are more influenced in directional growth by light than by gravity and vice versa." The roots in my little plant filled the pot like it would have if right side up. If only we could communicate better with the plant kingdom, we would have a wonderful balanced world to live in.

If only we could communicate better with the plant kingdom, we would have a wonderful balanced world to live in.

This quote should be written in a great book somewhere. It's soo true. I guess things were meant to be this way. Lol! It gives us something to do. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom