First Grow - Hawgs Kush- Information Appreciated

update 11.15.09 (day 7 flower)

just a lil update so i decided to wait on the scrog til my next grow since im gonna do the bubbler for that one. im very interested in going hydro for my next grow with all the research ive done on the subject. i just lst'd all the plants to get them even in my cab.they still seem to be doin pretty good even my decapitated plant:oops:... so yea here are a few update pics...sorry for the fuzziness used my camera phone!....

my plant lst'd from the beginning
2009-11-15_15_42_38.jpg

tied these 2 of these down today and the broke one
2009-11-15_15_43_22.jpg
2009-11-15_15_43_54.jpg

a few in box shots
2009-11-15_15_51_46.jpg
2009-11-15_15_51_39.jpg
2009-11-15_15_49_00.jpg

update 11.18.09

so after tying my plants down about 3 days ago they grew with fury.. i watered them 2 days ago with fox farms big bloom and tiger bloom and the plants seem to have had a super response so i had to tie everything down again to keep em low and even for max light penetration. so far all the plants look healthy all the leaves are nice and green and hopefully it keeps going this good. the only thing is i still dont see any pistils showing but i know from what i read it can take a few weeks so im being patient. 1 of the plants seems to be the monster of the bunch and is growing at an incredible rate with lots of side branches and so on. im probably gonna take some more clones from that plant soon since its the best out of the bunch. any way here goes some pics of the plant before and after being tied back down.... AND I WILL B GETTING A BETTER CAMERA SOON..

BEFORE....
2009-11-18_13_17_41.jpg
2009-11-18_13_17_28.jpg

AFTER....
2009-11-18_14_44_46.jpg

Looking good for ur 1st grow. Sorry to hear about ur mishap. This my 1st grow as well and I have learned alot so far thanks to the wonderful community here at 420. + reps on ur young ladies. I cant wait to see them bud..

:peace: & Love from the Glove

My 1st grow

Looking good for ur 1st grow. Sorry to hear about ur mishap. This my 1st grow as well and I have learned alot so far thanks to the wonderful community here at 420. + reps on ur young ladies. I cant wait to see them bud..

:peace: & Love from the Glove

My 1st grow
thanks for the rep!!! im off to check out your grow right now!!!!

Looking good :popcorn: and I see you tying the girls down :cheer: very nice leaves :rollit: + reps
thanks man im just following the lead of growers like u and some of the other people ive come across that do their thing with the bud.... and thanks for the rep man i appreciate that for real bro

zills you got some nice plants brother. I wouldn't worry too much about breakin the stalk. From what I hear it happens quite often... You seem to have a good handle on the whole thing so +rep bro. You are doin well, so Im here to watch as your progress.

zills you got some nice plants brother. I wouldn't worry too much about breakin the stalk. From what I hear it happens quite often... You seem to have a good handle on the whole thing so +rep bro. You are doin well, so Im here to watch as your progress.

hey there milly thanks for the comment... and i just checked on the top half of the broken plant which i put in the cloner and shes showin roots already so at least she didnt go to waste..:ganjamon:

Glad to see you ditched the ScrOG attempt this time. It wouldn't have worked well. With 1st grows, it is good to keep things simple so you can better identify the root causes of issues when they appear. I'm still a bit worried that you have too many plants in your limited space. I hope you don't get so attached to the plants that you will be unable to cull or throw away 1 or 2 of them in order to make room for the others as they mature. A few plants using LST methods like tie downs would work well for your space.

The stem breaking or getting cut off for a while by a tie down string isn't the end of the world. You stumbled on another method used to increase plant production. It is HST (high stress training). Look it up. Remember, some of the most wonderful inventions came from what was first considered a mistake. Keep you mind open and don't panic. As long as your plants have the right light level, temperature, humidity, and watering schedule, they will survive.

Plants are lookin real good..nice work with the tie downs. that 250w hps looks perfect for your cab size. i predict you're gonna have some nice sized buds on your hands..:goodjob:

thanks rollersmoker i hope i get some nice buds off of this also.!!! i know that the 250 is workin out pretty well with my cab with a light on temp of about 82 and light off around 73 or so and the light is about 8 inches from the top of the plants... im just excited about this whole journey.

Glad to see you ditched the ScrOG attempt this time. It wouldn't have worked well. With 1st grows, it is good to keep things simple so you can better identify the root causes of issues when they appear. I'm still a bit worried that you have too many plants in your limited space. I hope you don't get so attached to the plants that you will be unable to cull or throw away 1 or 2 of them in order to make room for the others as they mature. A few plants using LST methods like tie downs would work well for your space.

The stem breaking or getting cut off for a while by a tie down string isn't the end of the world. You stumbled on another method used to increase plant production. It is HST (high stress training). Look it up. Remember, some of the most wonderful inventions came from what was first considered a mistake. Keep you mind open and don't panic. As long as your plants have the right light level, temperature, humidity, and watering schedule, they will survive.

yea im glad i ditched the scrog this go also.. i read about 8 more hours worth of journals and such and decided it was a no go for now. i kinda thought about the fact that i may have to many plant in there and taking the halved plant out and using it for cuttings since it was the 2nd biggest plant before the decapitation i gave it!!..lol.. and i can say that i have been doin well over 3 to 4 hours of research a night on anything grow related and never came across HST.. pretty interesting ill b google'n it soon as im done here. well munki thanks for the advice i do appreciate it especially after seeing what u can do..:thanks:

..... so i looked it up and now i see its basically methods like topping and femming.. i just didnt see them really use the term High Stress Training... but good looking out still i learned something else

Right on zills. In HST, it isn't femming but FIM, which is "F#@k I missed". As you can probably deduce, it was a method born from someone's mistake. Any method that causes actual injury to the plant for the purpose of increased production would fall into the HST category. Search the web if you can't find enough about it here or start a thread on it so people can comment on it later.

update 11.21.09(day 13 flower)

so just a quick update i think 1 of my plants are gonna hermie on me i found 2 "sacks" and pulled em off those are the only 1's i found but now im gonna probably have to put that plant out of its misery but imma give it a few days to make sure of the hermi'ism.... kinda sucks cuz thats one of my bigger plants but hey thats how it goes sometimes i guess....i didnt take pics before i took them off but im bout to do some heavy net searchin to find pics of early herms right now...

Hat off to you Zills, your getting really healthy rapid growth and your setups really cool!
Anyway sorry to hear your misfortune with the hermie, hope al goes well from here on out.

Get searching for any more and keep an eye on those ladies, as I'd hate for you to get a seeded harvest.

Hat off to you Zills, your getting really healthy rapid growth and your setups really cool!
Anyway sorry to hear your misfortune with the hermie, hope al goes well from here on out.

Get searching for any more and keep an eye on those ladies, as I'd hate for you to get a seeded harvest.

hey dean thanks for the comment... yea imma keep a dilligent stake out on my babies to keep them safe as i can

update 11.22.09 (flower day 14)

so after picking off the 2 things i believed to be balls yesterday i thoroughly checked the plants for more and there were none. im gonna make sure to keep on top of nutt checks daily and if more pop up then im just gonna have to axe the lady... errr... herm!! besides that i checked on my plants that i put in my diy cloner and they got roots showin so im happy bout that now i just gotta let em get a good root system and put em into veg in about a week or so. i did notice today that my plants were drooping a bit so i watered em with half strength nutes and a tad lil teeny bit of molasses. i hope that what the drooping was from and not some other unforseen problem. i also did a runoff test of the water and it was around 6.5 or so which isnt too bad. i dont know the actual number since it was one of the drop testers. im starting to see pistils everywhere which is dope cuz i know buds are soon to come:cheer:.... i pinched a couple plant stem to see bout that supercropping technique
so i finally got my good camera back which is great news but it was returned broken which sucks so here goes a few more d grade pics...

2009-11-21_14_13_55.jpg

we have roots!!!!
2009-11-22_08_04_23.jpg

the plants back up after the tie down
2009-11-20_16_54_07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom