First Grow, Help Appreciated! Unknown Kush, Critical Jack, Indoor, Fem, Batmix, 250W HPS

MrWashington

420 Member
:welcome:Hello, brothers and sisters! To keep myself sane while on quarantine during these difficult times, I decided to start my first Indoor grow. I've had some experience doing balcony grows, but this time I want to take it a little more seriously! :theband: Here's what I have so far and what's been going on.

EQUIPMENT:
80х80х180 cm grow tent;
400+ cubic m vent;
Some basic fan for a nice breeze;
5L humidifier;
Mechanical timer;
TDS meter and some Chinese PH paper strips (will get an electronic PH meter later);
I will add a charcoal filter sometime in the future.
LIGHT:
250W HPS in a cooltube for vegetative and flowering stages. I am planning to use additional 4x36W fluorescent lights for the flowering stage (OSRAM FLUORA), as well as switching to 400W HPS for flowering. I like big buds and I cannot lie.
GROWING MEDIUM:

PLAGRON BATMIX Soil.
NUTRITIONS:
Local root booster and fungicide suitable for cannabis;
CANNABIOGEN DELTA 9;
Based on Plagron Batmix reviews, I won’t be needing any feeding for the vegetative period,
but I have some local nutes that will do the job, just in case:hippy:

I still haven’t decided on the nutritions for the flowering,
I would very much appreciate your advice here, looking for something low-medium priced.
Total investments so far: 300$
:slide::slide::slide:
setup-1.jpg

STRAINS:
1) UNKNOWN KUSH FEM by DELICIOUS SEEDS
2) CRITICAL JACK FEM (Unconfirmed bank since it didn’t arrive in a branded package)

FIRST DAYS:
30.03.2020 - Seeds were placed to germinate (wet cotton face wipes, ziplock, dark box);
31.03.2020 - 24h later both seeds germinated, but I decided to leave them for another 12h to get better roots (one of them barely showed itself);
01.04.2020 - Seeds were placed in Root Riot cubes, and root riot cubes were placed in Plagron Batmix, lightly watered and covered with plastic boxes for the greenhouse effect).
02.04.2020 - Both seedlings sprouted with their coats on. I quickly noticed that instead of growing though Root Riot, Unknown Kush’s (later Cristina) root actually pushed the seedling out of the cube. I took her out using tweezers, made a bigger hole, placed her back in the cube and made 2 holes to put some pressure on the root. => back in the greenhouse.
03.04.2020 - Helped Critical Jack (later Meredith) to get her coat off. Every 2-3 hours I put a drop of water on Cristina to help her to get her coat off. 10 hours later => she’s free!
04.04.2020 - Girls straightened out. Gave them 300ml each of tap + root booster. Watered in a circle near the edges of the pot.
05.04.2020 - Not much growth - I believe 300 ml was a little too much. Sprayed some water on top of the soil to give em some humidity, otherwise, no watering today.
06.04.2020 - Some visible growth! My light cycle is 18/6. Fed them roughly 200 ml of tap on the edges of the pots.
07.04.2020 - Temp is around 24-26C, humidity - 30%. Kinda hard to do something about it now, and humidifier makes the water drip from the fan. Buck it! Finally some pictures!
Cris-1.jpg
Mer-1.jpg

Some mistakes I made so far:
1) Skipping small pots, placing them in 15L fabric pots and overwatering a little in the beginning.

I guess we can call it a start!

Hey folks! It’s been a little more than a week :theband:
First of all - major news, I switched to 400W HPS a few days ago! :woohoo:

I’ve had a chance to look at some girls growing under 400W and compare them to mine. While they were a few days older than mine, the difference in size was so significant, I didn't want to wait until flowering. I found a sweet deal for a brand new bulb and ballast. So good it was probably stolen. Whatever :)

Also got some nutes for free! 1/3 bottle of Flora Nova Grow and 1/2 bottle of Flora Nova Bloom + some bloom activator and plagron power roots. :surf:
new nutes.jpg

I am watering them every 1-2 days (200-300ml each), mostly tap, but also gave them:
1) Plagron power roots - 1ml/l
2) Trichoderma

Here are some pics!:hippy:
M.jpg
C again.jpg
C.jpg

I am a little paranoid about mold :lot-o-toke: (had some issues before at this place), so when I noticed some rusty spots and moldy looking stains inside the tent, I quickly took my girls out, cleaned the entire thing with chlorine, let it dry, did another turn with soap and put the girls back.

rusty shits.jpg
stains.jpg

The air humidity is also much better now, around 40%, so no more humidifier.

Until next time :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom