First Grow With LSD Fem

Lol that’s a good name for it, so instead of bending them over more is it just as effective to top the main kolas at the top? I just did it to both plants which gave a lot more light to be able to get down lower to the slower growing ones. I’m always afraid of bending. Would hate to break anything lol expecially since I just watered yesterday.

4EE7453D-B961-47DE-9424-7E850B77F235.jpeg
CF97E857-2EA2-447D-BC55-1D03CA7BCC07.jpeg
BBEAE855-0017-46D7-BBCB-39F26D06A91B.jpeg
F18A368A-5ABD-427A-B4E2-E66A5FA08B69.jpeg

I use bending mainly to shape the plant and to get bigger top branches out of the way so the lower growth tips can see light, and then those fast growing ones that shoot up in the middle as a result of that mostly get topped, although there are 4 of them that also need bending if veg continues to around the 2 month mark. After you do it a few times you get a feel for it and already know what leaves will eventually be tucked or cut out of the way.

Within the next 3 days I’m going to transplant both my bigger plants to 5 gallon fabric pots but I had a question. I had 6 bricks of coco fiber laying around and wanted to use them up instead of going to buy more soil. Now I mixed in 30% perlite to the mix. Even tho my plants were originally planted in miracle grow potting mix (only thing I had at the time) will this hurt my plants and will it stunt them or would it work well since I have nutrients I can give them?

growing in coco is totally different than growing in soil. Your pH needs will change and soil nutes will not work very well in the soilless mix. I was always taught that it is best to leave the party with the one who brought you... you "can" change up in the middle if you feel it necessary, but everything you are doing now will need to be adjusted. Despite what you are reading and hearing from all the naysayers out there, you CAN grow good pot in MG... I have done it, several times, just to prove that point.

Ok thank you @Emilya, I don’t need to change it up I will get some more MG potting mix and will transplant with it. I am curious about the coco tho wonder if maybe I should give it a try with an auto sometime soon. So will my GH flora series nutes not work with the coco if I was to just start with a grow with it?
your General Hydroponic flora series was actually designed to work best in coco and hydro systems... so yes, you really should experiment with a coco grow sometime soon just to increase your experience and knowledge level. We need more good growers who are familiar with multiple ways of growing. Who knows, you, like many others, may find COCO makes more sense to you and that you are able to grow better using it.... Only you can make that determination. I have tried many different methods over the years, and this is why I finally ended up in organic soil. You also need to make that journey and figure out which method works best for you.

your General Hydroponic flora series was actually designed to work best in coco and hydro systems... so yes, you really should experiment with a coco grow sometime soon just to increase your experience and knowledge level. We need more good growers who are familiar with multiple ways of growing. Who knows, you, like many others, may find COCO makes more sense to you and that you are able to grow better using it.... Only you can make that determination. I have tried many different methods over the years, and this is why I finally ended up in organic soil. You also need to make that journey and figure out which method works best for you.

Awesome like we discussed with the stuff I found on amazon I think I might split my next grow doing autos half in coco and the other half in the organic so I can see a side by side comparison. And yes I love learning so expanding my knowledge on different ways to grow are exactly what I want to do!

Update- day 43
Girls took well to the 5gal upgrade and have started to grow nice and wide! I have been constantly topping and training them to keep them growing out. They have a bunch of kolas now and we are just waiting for the little ones to grow up for an even canopy. Couple of the leaves have started to get like a copper color to them and I don’t know if it’s from the shock of the transfer or from me accidentally splashing water on them. I’m not to worried about it as the new growth looks great! I’ve also ordered some cs water to try turning my smallest girl into a male to harvest some pollen for future use so we will see if it will work

66D5715D-C6E5-4BF2-8072-1B34938C9B1C.jpeg
4FDB14BA-41FB-480D-AAC2-B34188B43093.jpeg
CD9FB0B3-F016-45B0-8E8E-853FD6841020.jpeg
3DBB4ADC-D07B-429D-8D34-13BA070E4FA7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom