First Grow In 15yrs, First DWC, Crown Royale

Ok, so, while drying, my humidity got super low, like 25-30% low. The buds all dried much faster than I wanted them to (like 3 days?) But the stems weren't snapping just yet, so I opted to trim the buds off the stems and jar them to prevent over drying.

I figure I can always dry them more if need be.

I'm going to burp the jars twice a day for a week or so, then once a day for another week, then it should be smooth sailing (at least for a quick cure haha)

I had the same thing happen. My buds dried quickly, 3 or 4 days after the harvest/wash most were ready to jar. I can't remember, do you have boveda packs by chance? I always use 62% humidity boveda packs to make sure the cure goes well. If the buds get over dried, they can bring them back where they need to be.

Yup! But I accidentally got 58% ones by mistake, I'm sure it'll be ok until I grab some 62s :)

The buds even after a little bit in the jar already look, feel and smell nicer, that's for sure!

Yup! But I accidentally got 58% ones by mistake, I'm sure it'll be ok until I grab some 62s :)

The buds even after a little bit in the jar already look, feel and smell nicer, that's for sure!

I wouldn't think 4% would make that much of a difference really, but idk for sure. It has surprised me how much more dense and just all around better they get as the cure goes on.

I wouldn't think 4% would make that much of a difference really, but idk for sure. It has surprised me how much more dense and just all around better they get as the cure goes on.
That is my thinking, too. I've also heard mixed things about the boveda packs, but the overwhelming majority is that they are great hahaha

I know, right?! At first I was like 'maybe the heat levels during flowering got a little too high and the buds got a little airy', but then overnight in a jar and burped for 20mins and the buds bounced back a bit, much nicer for sure!

Not a horrible yield at all! In total, just shy of 9oz, plus a buttload of trim and kief. That should do until next harvest for sure :)

I know it's not anywhere near cured, but I took a bud out to try it. Jeez Louise.

A little harsh (not cured, so expected) but wow is it ever nice. The flavours aren't quite there yet either, but if this early test is any indication of what's to come, this is some niiiiiiice flower! Hits the head pretty quick, and then creeps into the body, almost like you can feel it crawling down your spine (although that could be related to surgery hahahaha), things just sort of melt away.

Can't wait until it's properly cured, very happy with this strain and genetics. Kind of wish I revegged one of them, I had 1 really really amazing pheno, 2 nice very indica dom phenos and one that leaned more towards sativa and wasn't as nice as the others for sure.

... Kind of wish I revegged one of them, I had 1 really really amazing pheno, 2 nice very indica dom phenos and one that leaned more towards sativa and wasn't as nice as the others for sure.

If you didn't trash them you might still be able to re-veg them. Another possibility is using tissue culture to propagate them from a meristem.

I'm glad to hear you like the strain. I'm looking forward to my harvest in another month and a half.

Oh they are long gone in the compost hahaha

Not a huge deal, I can always get more seeds, currently I have a few strains to grow out as it is, so no biggie :)

Looking forward to seeing your harvest!

I've been just rubbing the trim on my trimbin a little bit every day, there's an awful lot of kief here! Going to use half of it for cannacaps and the other half to press some rosin :)
eaf79c982e3590a491b1faf3dfd3aadf.jpg

Pressed a bunch of kief into rosin, been dabbing that and it is fantastic. With all the trimmings and some of the kief, I made about 300 cannacaps as well. The rosin is great, long lasting, worries and pains melt away, still tastes a tinnnny bit green and I could have waited a bit longer, but that's totally fine by me :)

The cannacaps are great as well. I made 3 different batches, but now I am debating whether next time to mix all the oil from all the batches into one big batch, so that it's a consistent result, rather than some more potent than others (although, those have their needs, too). Typically I prefer a milder capsule every hour during the day, and then one or two potent ones about an hour and a half before bed, so I am still on the fence about mixing all the oils up, who knows.

Have you tried two different sized capsules for daytime/nighttime?

Size 2 holds 150 mg of dried flower, and size 0 holds 250mg.

Do the capsules disintegrate over time when filled with oil?

I use size 00, haven't really thought of going smaller, especially since typically I need at least one - although my wife has one or two every once in a while if she can't sleep, so maybe smaller size might be good for her as well

I haven't had any issues with the capsules disintegrating yet, been making them for about a year. If there is ANY water in the oil, they basically melt within seconds, though. Sometimes, if I am putting in large amounts of flower and not a lot of oil, I add water to the mixture, then separate the oil from the water later. Forgot to dry off all the water once, that was a mistake hahaha

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom