KevinStoner's First Outdoor Grow.

Updates!

So today i went out side. and Noticed that One in the big bucket. had 2 little balls on it. Im like how can this be. i could have swearn i saw white hairs. i did. i think i was hermie.
But i said screw that. and pulled it. also pulled the wilting plant.
So i the one pot of big plants are the bush one and the one that is topped. Only.So thats down to 2

More root space. great. They seem to be doing great. i still havnt gotten to anyplace to get nutes for them. Moneys tight. But i will asap.

New pictures will be up tuesday
stay tuned

Kevin.

Hey Kevin we're still here and quite interested. Thanks for posting and I look forward to your progress. :peace:

Sorry to hear about the male Kevin but that's just the way it goes. You may have mistook spurs for pistils on that one or it indeed may have been herm'd.

The plants are looking good but you should take the advice offered here and get some nutes. You soil will most likely perter out unless you already have some kind of time released nutes in it. I've followed all the advice given here and I've had great results so far.

Fox Farms nutes can be had from tons of places on the web. I use the 3 pack of big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom. The grow big has higher nitrogen for the budding phase and the tiger bloom is for the flowering stage. They are both highly concentrated so it takes very little. A quart will last a long while unless you're growing lots and lots of plants. The big bloom is for both phases and contains lots of organics and trace nutes. At the least, grab some big bloom. It's around $11 a quart.

Also, you could grab a moisture meter ($9), follow a wet/dry cycle and stick to it. Then, go with one to a pot for larger plants.

I'm looking for forward to following your grow.

Harry

our grow moderator, Boss just got internet service today...
he has been gone for the last few weeks moving and waiting for net service...
he has about 420,000 emails and threads to tend to and has begun this process tonight...
i believe we will see him by tomorrow...
at that time, you will see more activity in here...
people are still waiting for his advice on many things...
we have gone through many changes recently...
we also lost Racefan, our grow support due to health issues...
please forgive the lack in support...
everything will be back to normal soon, patience grasshoppa...;)

Ahhh thanks alot guys. yea. well like i have said. Its been raining. I really hardly have ot water my buckets. Its been so i have had to water them maybe once or twice a week. Then most of it has been rain. that hass kept them going.

As far as the one big bucket. the only plant that is there is the bush one. The other 3 have deceased. The one male.:-(, The wilted plant. and the small topped one started to wilt. so i pulled all 3. kept the healthy one. So its just htat one in the bucket.

that plant is all the way to one side. Should i transplant and move it to the center? or leave it. and say to hell with it.

as far as the little ones in. they are still growing. going higher and higher everyday. I still really need to figure out the sexes of these. and ride the males.

maybe also transplant some. because ive realized i may need to. i still want "small" plants(about 3-5ft)

I have been trying to get nutes. as far as internet ordering. I dont think i will do that. but i do need to stop by a local nursery and see what they have.

as far as any kind of "generic" brand name nutes. what am i looking for? i know nothing about nutes.

Thanks for the help guys. and thanks for keeping me High spirited.

I suspect you had some hot weather before the rain. if temps get too high, water them in the early morning with cool (not cold) water, and that will help them bare the heat till it cools up a bit. It looks like a classic heat issue to me, but you should already see results from the rain.

Good generic nutrients to find at local home centers include:

Fish Emulsion (for the veg stage and maybe 1/4 strength during flowering - higher in nitrogen)

Atlas MorBloom (for the flower stage - higher in Phosphorus and Potassium)

Seaweed extract (Seasol, Maxicrop) for trace nutrients and other good stuff throughout the grow.

Hey folks. I havnt been around much. Still tending to my plants. We are getting a great cycle of nice hot days. then rainny days. So i havnt really had to water. And the days they look a little dry. i water them. The big one is starting to hair out. So at this point i know its deff. a girl!

and the "little ones" are getting taller and taller. Some of which i think are male at the quick rate they are growing..We will see.

I still havnt gotten around to get nutes or anything. but a friend has some that he said he would give me.

I can tell the big one needs some help.

I will get pictures as soon as i can.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Im still here!

Im working on getting pictures still.

Pulled 3 more males. So i only have 2 plants

the bigger one is doing amazing. Ive been pruning it and clearing it out to make room for new growth. and it seems every spot i have pruned there is not a bud growing there.

the other girl is just starting to hair out. and starting to bud. Im trying hard to get pictures.

Wel Here are the Pictures for everyone.

Here is the Smaller of my two plants. Shes a girl. :-D
smallplant2.jpg

Here is the Big plant. she is starting to stink. I named her the skunk princess.
bigplant1.jpg

Heres kind of a top shot of TSP. I thought my macro would work better but ill need to use my other lens.
DSC_2009.JPG

Lastly a Horizontal shot of TSP
DSC_2003.JPG

Pictures are not that great today. Im sorry. I only have lenses that dont go any wider then 28mm so i cant get to close. I will have to use The point and shoot camera next time and get some good bud shots.

For 2 weeks i have been feeding them a mix of Biobizz fish mix and Biogrow in a 1 gallon jug. and it seems to be helping them out alot.

If you see anything wrong. Point it out!

Wow....Those leaves are so small. More branch and stems than anything. They look healthy dont get me wrong, but they look under developed. What are feedin them?
The leaves are so small because they are really just the leaves that will be "in" the buds. almost all of the fan leaves and what not. i clipped off. to let new growth come threw.

Im feeding them BioBizz fishmix and biogrow. at full strength as of this week.

That's interesting Kevin.

Here I am fighting and working to keep my leaves on and you're cutting yours off. :smokin:

I have alway been under the impression that you want to keep the leaves, being they are the points where light is converted to the energy needed to promote strong growth and fat flowers.

What's the logic for removing them?

Harry

Back
Top Bottom