First Grow Space Bucket 1.0

A mid-week update

Got my seed order today...well most of it. Three Purple Trainwrecks were on back order.
AK 47 Auto
Hindu Kush Auto
Quarter Pounder Auto
Super Lemon Haze Fem
Coma Kush Fem
Akorn Fem
S.A.G.E. Fem
Blue Cheese Auto

I ordered 11 seeds and receiving 24 seeds in total. Thanks to the freebies with my order and extra freebies due to back order delays (their website showed "in stock")
I also noticed that my 5 pack of SAGE were the wrong kind. They have two different kinds...one with a high CBD and one that is low CBD (a Sativa). I order the later, but received the high CBD version. NOT GOOD..lol So we'll see what they do about that. I'm thinking 5 more seeds please....the ones I ordered!

Anyway...the two Jack Herer Auto's have appeared above soil...and I just dropped an AK and Quarter Pounder in water tonight....mmmmm Quarter Pounder...could use one right now..haha...or two of them

Charlie will likely get the yank this weekend. I'm tired of looking at her. She's not looking too healthy anymore and not growing...so...her time has come.

That's it...sorry...no photo's today. :peace:

Hey friends!

Been a while....

Charlie got cut down a couple weeks ago and I made butter. I had about 28 grams of wet bud/leaves and made a pound of butter.
With that cooked up some brownies and they were very weak. So I haven't done anymore baking with the butter. I'm sure if I use double the butter in the recipe, it will still be weak. Oh well...

Also had another problem a couple weeks ago. We had unexpected visits to the condo. Poulins pest control and the fire inspector, both in the same week. I wasn't concerned about the Poulin guys but was a little worried about the fire inspector. So I had removed my girls from the tent, plastic bagged them and stored them on the balcony for a day. Alpha was damaged a bit. Her weak stems bent and now they are all bent over a bit. Not sure if they were stunted at all but I wasn't too happy. They still are growing and have about 1.5 weeks left till harvest.

Sorry I don't have pictures of them. Since I went to lights on during the night, I haven't taken photos because it's usually late evening when I water and I'm too lazy to do the photo shoot. I definitely will though prior to harvest.

Me and the GF have been being naughty and stealing small buds from Alpha for "testing purposes"...most recently last night. I know I know....everyone says to WAIT till the harvest. Well I say....I don't give a shit!! These girls were grown for us to enjoy...and we are doing just that! Plus we are both rookies and so it doesn't take much to get us both wrecked...haha :smokin:
The smoke is not too bad...although I have never been a fan of it....and probably never will....ut I've tasted a lot worse. And the potency is all there, so we are both happy.

I have two Auto's going in the tent right now as well. A Jack Herer and a Quarter Pounder. Approx. two and one week old respectively. I will post photo's of them soon too....hopefully.

And lastly...this week I got 4 more girls going. They just popped out yesterday and we are all enjoying the beautiful warm sun out on the balcony this morning. Hopefully they will like the "real" sun light....I sure am!

That's it for now. Here's my one photo of the girls on the deck soaking up some sun.

20160507_111046.jpg

Nice seed order mittin, you've Got some to last you a little while. Too bad about the displacement due to unexpected visitors, at least they're small enough to move around. Keep them happy and they'll be back to normal in no time at all.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snid!

Ok, a quick update.

Alpha and Bravo will be getting chopped early next week. I want to harvest on the earlier side rather than the later.

The Jack Herer and Quarter Pounder are doing good. They are 3.5 and 2.5 weeks old respectively.
Jack is so freaking tall. I didn't do any fimming on either of them. Going to let them go as nature intended.

The Four Amigo's are all growing well in their separate growing room. They will move to the tent next week after Alpha and Bravo get chopped.
The AK 47 is interesting as it has three leaves instead of just two. Hmmm...

Four Amigo's
20160513_065652.jpg

Jack and QP
20160513_065453.jpg
20160513_065440.jpg

Bravo. I didn't shoot Alpha cause she has stem issues...not standing up without support. Due to the baggage treatment she got a while back.
Plus she's been semi-harvested....hehehe
20160513_064803.jpg
20160513_065129.jpg
20160513_065218.jpg
20160513_064556.jpg
20160512_203032.jpg
20160512_202623.jpg

Thanks Snid!

The AK 47 is interesting as it has three leaves instead of just two. Hmmm...
They call that a Whorled phyllotaxy, it's not a bad thing. They do sometimes do weird things.. I had to split my main stem open because the leaf stems were all wrapped up inside the original stem.. Very weird. But on the plus side it's more branches to hold more buds. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:

Looking seriously nice man. Jealous of your buds but im getting there. Next grow im gonna nail it. Got my system dialed in and im stoked to try my hand at these clones i cut.
Also jealous of your seed list. Wanting to try that super lemon haze bad. Its on my wish list.
Keep up the good work, man.

They call that a Whorled phyllotaxy, it's not a bad thing. They do sometimes do weird things.. I had to split my main stem open because the leaf stems were all wrapped up inside the original stem.. Very weird. But on the plus side it's more branches to hold more buds. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:

They call it a what?...lol
Yeah, more branches...hopefully she will still grow nicely. Right now she looks just a little behind.
I'm glad she's up though. She was a freebie (I had two) and I lost the first one I planted. This was the last AK seed I had.

Looking seriously nice man. Jealous of your buds but im getting there. Next grow im gonna nail it. Got my system dialed in and im stoked to try my hand at these clones i cut.
Also jealous of your seed list. Wanting to try that super lemon haze bad. Its on my wish list.
Keep up the good work, man.

Thanks Laz!
I never thought any of my plants would get this far. I always wondered how my plant would ever get some decent buds...like the many photo's I've seen on here. But I think I got something decent with one of my first three. I am looking forward to cutting and getting a final weight!

I have 6 Autos going right now. That might be a little much for my tent....I guess I'll find out. But after they are done, I'll be going with 4 Photo's...and one will definitely be the Super Lemon Haze.
If you were in my area of the world, I'd gladly share a seed with you!

Very nice outcome....and after never seeing a plant b4 in your life. nice . i wish i had a seed portfolio like yours.

Thanks Fiks! I'm pretty happy about the outcome. One plant was a bust, the second was...or will be semi-decent but this one is the best of the three.

Yeah, I actually have more seeds than I know what to do with...lol. I only have a 32" x 32" tent so these seeds will last me quite some time. Too bad I don't have any nearby growing friends to share them with :(

It's a done deal.

I chopped both girls last night. Definitely on the early side. I checked the trichomes with a microscope and a small percentage were amber, with about 80% milky....some were still clear. At least that's what it looked like...lol. Pretty cool to check them out though.

To my surprise, Alpha (the one I main-lined), produced almost equal to Bravo. And Alpha had some very tough times in the last few weeks. After I had to hide them in bags for a day, Alpha was severely bent over and I never really propped her back up. Several of her branches were really bent over so they weren't receiving as much light as they probably should have been. As well, due to a few first time growing pains, I think Alpha could have been a lot stronger and bigger. I was convinced I wouldn't bother trying the main-line technique again, but now after seeing the final results, I will definitely be trying it again. That will happen later on this summer, after my Auto's are done. I will go back to photo's, probably 4 of them and maybe main-line two of them.

The thing I really like about it is that after the two toppings are done to create the eight cola's, there's basically no more work to be done with them. And if things go right, that will produce 8 nice equal cola's.

Anyway....I weighed one branch worth of bud and got 7 grams. So in total (both girls), I should have about 100 grams wet...give or take a bit. Good enough for me...at least for my first grow ever.

I did a quick trim of Alpha and she is shown below. She lost one...no...two branches early for testing purposes.
I will be attempting bubble hash this week as well, and I'm still debating if I will use some buds for that as well. I have about 85 g's of wet trim and another 8 branches to trim. We'll see....I will post those results when it's done. Likely in the next few days.

Here's a couple shots of the harvest.

20160516_220028.jpg
20160517_062434.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom