First Grow Journal - White Rhino - Sleestack - Fruit Spirit - P 71

nwgreenz

Hello everyone this is my first attempt at starting a journal. I have been growing for about a year now and so far so good. Let me know what you think any advice would be great. So here is what i have in my flower room...... 9 plants on this grow... last grow had 7 cropped 2 lbs dried and cured would like to do better. pics coming soon.
9x6 room
2-1000 watt hps air cooled
ebbgrow hydro buckets
55 gal. res.
cap enviro controller
dehumidifier
ac unit
20 pound co2 tank with reg.
8 in. exaust fan
huge carbon can filter
mylar walls air tight room
black gold clay hydroton
fox farms nutes

week1_026.JPG
week1_025.JPG
week1_018.JPG
week1_012.JPG
week1_009.JPG
week1_008.JPG
week1_005.JPG
week1_003.JPG
week1_002.JPG

week 2 of flower everything is going well. sleestack is looking to be a monster. p91 is streching and i just ordered 2 600 watt cool tubes to up my lighting to 2x 1000 plus 2x600 watts. should be plenty. co2 at 1500 ppm ph 5.9 nutes are 1300 ppm.

wow, what a setup! hydro and a screen!

youre overfeeding though. you see how the leaves are curling downwards?

what e.c. are you running?

Thanks. i dont have a ec meter to judge. The white rhinos have been like this the last few grows i have tried a number of things to correct but still same results in early flower. they seem to kick out of it down the road with good results. If you can tell the p91 and the sleestack are pretty happy. I will not be running anymore of these rhinos after this grow. I am not sure how to tell what ec im at ... is that lumens to the plants or somthing....

e.c. is the nutrient solution makeup. i dont see how youre running hydro without a e.c./p.p.m. meter

ppm is 1300 right now i have a meter for that. im following the fox farms nute chart. i usually run lower than it says to. week 3 is starting and it recomends 1330 -1470 and im below that. with the rhino i have ran 700 ppm and i got the same results. e.c. must be the same as tds ppm. unless im totally wrong..... the meter i have a tds ez ppm meter.

A quick answer to why we should use EC instead of TDS

The debate over EC and TDS has been an ongoing issue for a long time. These two measurements are used to determine the strength of hydroponic solution. Although they are widely used they should only be used as a guideline and you should always follow mixing instructions on the label of you nutrient.
EC stands for Electrical Conductivity and is measured in mS/cm or millisiemens per centimeter. TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids and is measured in PPM or parts per million. TDS is acquired by taking the EC value and performing a calculation to determine the TDS value. Because TDS is actually a calculation it is really only a guess at what the nutrient concentration is. On top of that, there are three different conversion factors to determine TDS and different manufacturers use different conversion factors. In other words you could test the same solution with two different meters and get two totally different readings. But the EC is read the same by all meters the only difference is the conversion factor.........i got it.. i could use a better meter. thanks

well when you convert e.c. to ppm, you can use .5 .7 or something else, i forget, three different system for the same thing, thats why its confusing sometimes. feed the white rhino with less, thats REALLY high, they just might not like that kind of feeding. you have like 10 concentrates lol

most people run 1.8 e.c. max and thats like 900 maybe 1000 ppm while its flowering heavy (weeks 3-6) just drop white rhino to like 700 or 800 and itll grow better, produce better

Dropped my ppm to 1000
3-5-13_030.JPG
3-5-13_028.JPG
3-5-13_025.JPG
3-5-13_023.JPG
3-5-13_021.JPG
3-5-13_020.JPG
3-5-13_017.JPG
3-5-13_012.JPG
3-5-13_011.JPG
3-5-13_010.JPG
3-5-13_009.JPG
3-5-13_008.JPG
3-5-13_007.JPG
in week 3. co2 still at 1500ppm temp is golden , cant wait till my two 600s show up. These should be monsters..

what ppm you running on the white rhino? is it helping with clawing?

i am now at 1000 ppms.. new growth seems to be fine but the old growth is still clawed.. the p91 and sleestack are doing well. this is similiar to my last grow, i dropped to 500 ppm because of the same issue and there was no change . flushed with bush doctor and ran ph ed water and still the claw..... idk. i still pull 4-6 oz a plant but it just dont look right.next grow on deck is sour d gdp p91 and fruit spirit. the rhino seems to have some problems and might just not be for me. It is from green house seeds. i wonder if anyone else has had these problems.

how many more white rhino seeds do you have? are they feminized?

Back
Top Bottom