Weedtastic's White Rhino Indoor Grow

Re: weedtastics white rhino indoor grow

I'm curious about the Rhino. I had a White Rhino clone a while back but it came with PM. It was the one I pulled out of a trash bag full of trim about 5 days after being cut. Even after 5 days the top established roots and took off fast. I got the impression the strain was very vigorous so I'm looking forward to watching them develope.
hi mate yes i do remember that plant you had.......but didn t realise it was white rhino.....i agree this strain is vigorous....update iminent.......thanks for dropping by........be lucky weedtastic

hello, im somewhat new here and have a thread goin at the mo. just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how your grow is goin. i havent heard of using this air pump, not sure if i totaly get it but are you pumpin air rite under the blue dome at the bottom of your buckets. sounds really interesting! ill be definantly following your grow. :thumb:
hi staffy......wellcome aboard......drop me a link to your grow here and ill pop over when i have time............yes mate i am pumping the air into the domes at the bottom of my pots........the theory is the more oxygen the roots recieve the more they will feed......thus better yeild........but i guess we will have to wait and see ha ha.........thanks for dropping by......be lucky weedtastic

hi guys update time kinda early as i only updated 5 days ago........but here goes anyways.....in the first 2 pics is my new bulb and my tin is for a size comparrison
js1024_DSC00425.jpg
js1024_DSC00427.jpg

this is the girls in there new home under the new bulb
js1024_DSC00435.jpg

and a group shot they look a little wilted because ive just watered them
js1024_DSC00437.jpg

althou it does not show in the pics the light is very bright indeed
js1024_DSC00440.jpg

here is a close up so you can see the rapid growth already remember they are 5 days old from being planted into soil.....quite remarkable i think
js1024_DSC00441.jpg

and another close up shot of a different plant
js1024_DSC00442.jpg

Weed That's great growth for 5 days. They are vigorous to say the least!:yahoo:

Nice lights!
hi mate thanks for the response........i woke this morning to find yellowing of the leaves also some mutant leaves too....ie not formed correctly........im gonna hit em with epsom salts........ive never had to hit them this early..ie 6 days of potting into soil....so i may well kill em or cure em........with the mutant leaves as well as the yellowing leaves........i wonder how many times these girls have been cloned........its 50/50 on wot ive read so far.....some people believe they weaken the more times there cloned and the other half believe.....a clone is an exact copy ........im kindda swinging on perhaps a little weaker.........i remember mmmick once said he had read that you always get better yeilds with seeds rather than clones.......that kindda reads true to me by both growing seeds and cloneing.....wud love your thoughts on this matter and anybody elses that cud shed some light on this.....thanks again.........be lucky weedtastic

Hi weedtastic, the girls are getting thicker stems to help support those bigger leaves. Are you nuting them yet?
I'd work with their regular nutes before hitting them with epsom salts, but I'm usually guessing. Hope you get a handle on them soon, I want to see those domes in action.

Yeah I was talking about hybrid vigor, supposed to give them faster, bigger growth from seed than from clone. I think clones can give a more potent yield though, coming from a more mature plant. A bit of a tradeoff on either side.:thumb: I tend to side with the camp that feels clones are exactly the same over time. But I also think if a clone is suffering, say due to it's environment, that subsequent clones from that suffering plant will be weaker. A healthy mum should give the same quality clones for years according to some of the old timers. I dunno, I just want to be able to grow long enough to form my own opinion. heheh
good luck with them weed.

I can see a good harvest coming toward you.

hi mate thanks for the response........i woke this morning to find yellowing of the leaves also some mutant leaves too....ie not formed correctly........im gonna hit em with epsom salts........ive never had to hit them this early..ie 6 days of potting into soil....so i may well kill em or cure em........with the mutant leaves as well as the yellowing leaves........i wonder how many times these girls have been cloned........its 50/50 on wot ive read so far.....some people believe they weaken the more times there cloned and the other half believe.....a clone is an exact copy ........im kindda swinging on perhaps a little weaker.........i remember mmmick once said he had read that you always get better yeilds with seeds rather than clones.......that kindda reads true to me by both growing seeds and cloneing.....wud love your thoughts on this matter and anybody elses that cud shed some light on this.....thanks again.........be lucky weedtastic

G'Day Mate! Buddy that sounds like my girl. Just planted in soil and turning yellow. Following your suggestion, I gave my girl some Epsom Salts and it helped. Going to hit her again in a few days.

I have never cloned. I stick with seeds. I know all the good things about cloning, but really don't have a space for them. I am going to try some soon.

Like Mmmmick said, I think they are exact copies of the original.

That has to be very close to true. If you think about it, we wouldn't have some of the old strains, if people had not cloned them. :popcorn:

Hi weedtastic, the girls are getting thicker stems to help support those bigger leaves. Are you nuting them yet?
I'd work with their regular nutes before hitting them with epsom salts, but I'm usually guessing. Hope you get a handle on them soon, I want to see those domes in action.

Yeah I was talking about hybrid vigor, supposed to give them faster, bigger growth from seed than from clone. I think clones can give a more potent yield though, coming from a more mature plant. A bit of a tradeoff on either side.:thumb: I tend to side with the camp that feels clones are exactly the same over time. But I also think if a clone is suffering, say due to it's environment, that subsequent clones from that suffering plant will be weaker. A healthy mum should give the same quality clones for years according to some of the old timers. I dunno, I just want to be able to grow long enough to form my own opinion. heheh
good luck with them weed.
hi mate thanks for the advise....im leaning on the exact same ie clones .......so thanks for that........im not nuteing at all yet as the soil is good for 2 weeks without nuteing..........thanks for your handle on the cloning its all makes perfect sense to me now.........be lucky weedtastic

looks like you have a kick ass start weed looking foward to you riding the rhino.lol:goodjob::surf:
hi spike great to have you back in my journal...and to see how well your doing with your grows.......great stuff......with a little tender loving and a little luck hopefully i can ride the rhinos to the stonned lands ha ha.........be lucky weedtastic

I can see a good harvest coming toward you.
hi max 420 wellcome aboard.........do you have a grow going ?......or are you just checking stuff out..........be lucky weedtastic

G'Day Mate! Buddy that sounds like my girl. Just planted in soil and turning yellow. Following your suggestion, I gave my girl some Epsom Salts and it helped. Going to hit her again in a few days.

I have never cloned. I stick with seeds. I know all the good things about cloning, but really don't have a space for them. I am going to try some soon.

Like Mmmmick said, I think they are exact copies of the original.

That has to be very close to true. If you think about it, we wouldn't have some of the old strains, if people had not cloned them. :popcorn:
hi mate on the epsom salts glad your girl is bouncing back.........but the guy who advised me on the epsom salts was a very experienced grower and he told me that 2 hits max with the epsom salts or your dicing with nute lockout hitting them a 3rd time.....thats why i hit em once in veg and once in flower...sorry i cant give you an explanation as to why it causes lockout if hit more than twice..........and to be honest if my girls stay with the yellowing leaves throuout the grow i will indeed be hitting them more than twice......but it will be uncharted waters for me...........ok so the 2 old timers set me straight about the cloneing so thanks indeed for that ha ha..........i ain t checked my girls this morning after hitting them with the epsoms yesterday morning they seemed ok last nite........also i had to repot them.......ive changed my root juice..to rhiza tonic the roots are loving it really strong......i shud of got pics but i was pushed for time....perhaps in a week ill show the root systems of the plants in one of my updates.........thanks omm........be lucky weedtastic

Looking good weedtastic.

Here's my opinion on clones: if they are taken from a healthy mother they will be fine with no change. Plants grow new nodes (and all that comes from them) through a process that resembles extrusion. If the growing tip (meristem) is damaged, the nodes above can grow incorrectly. It's like when you smash a fingernail particularly badly - if you damage the cuticle, it can cause running cracks in the nail or even missing sections until the cuticle heals, assuming it ever does. Similarly, if a section of the meristem is damaged, the parts of the plant that expand from that bit of meristem will be damaged. This can cause failing clones from good stock. So can a virus.

I know it's a poor metaphor, but I think it conveys my meaning.

:peace:

Looking good mate :thumb: That 600 watt light is going to grow some nice plants :morenutes: :goodjob:
yup.indeed the 600 watter....you put me on to it lol....great your still around ....i see so many we all used to subscibe to gone.......i was too.......ghostly place.....im back and great to back in the community 420 that is.......be lucky weedtastic :peacetwo:

Looking good weedtastic.

Here's my opinion on clones: if they are taken from a healthy mother they will be fine with no change. Plants grow new nodes (and all that comes from them) through a process that resembles extrusion. If the growing tip (meristem) is damaged, the nodes above can grow incorrectly. It's like when you smash a fingernail particularly badly - if you damage the cuticle, it can cause running cracks in the nail or even missing sections until the cuticle heals, assuming it ever does. Similarly, if a section of the meristem is damaged, the parts of the plant that expand from that bit of meristem will be damaged. This can cause failing clones from good stock. So can a virus.

I know it's a poor metaphor, but I think it conveys my meaning.

:peace:
hi mate........meaning it does explain.....and so elequintly.....be lucy weedtastic

I have 8 plants going. I'll have to throw half away when they show sex. Should be about any time now.

I can't start strings in the forums, but it would be cool to have one asking what everybody's favorite strain is. It could be a good resource.

This is the second time I've posted this msg. For some reason the first one didn't show up.

I have 8 plants going. I'll have to throw half away when they show sex. Should be about any time now.

I can't start strings in the forums, but it would be cool to have one asking what everybody's favorite strain is. It could be a good resource.

This is the second time I've posted this msg. For some reason the first one didn't show up.
hi max.......we can t you start a journal ?........for wot ever reason you cud always get a few pics and post them here if like ?...wot strain are you growing.......and where did you shop for your seeds ?........oh i ask a lot of questions lol........be lucky weedtastic

hi guys been busy taking clones off my white russian so i thought id share the pics also repotted white rhino clones....im trying 2 different methods with the clones this time round i have 8 in root riot cubes and 6 have gone straight into pots....both have had clonex hormone treatment...here goes
js1024_DSC00503.jpg

my money is on the potted clones
js1024_DSC00506.jpg

the white rhino girls at 9 days into soil
js1024_DSC00508.jpg

js1024_DSC00509.jpg

js1024_DSC00513.jpg

js1024_DSC00511.jpg

ok thats it for now i know im updating a lot but its for my own personal records too..........be lucky weedtastic

Back
Top Bottom