First Grow Journal

had a decent look at the crystals through the micro today. I can see the smallest and most undeveloped plant is starting to get cloudy. she's been weird the entire grow so i'll see what she does over the next week.
I wasn't able to see any cloudy on any of the others. I thought for sure the monster would be almost ready but maybe she's a 9-10 week after all.
So, half way into week 8 and I'm feeling like i'll be looking at a 10 week flower. planning to feed plain water for the last week.

Maybe throw s little terpinator or molasses in. Just think a week or so to dry and a few weeks for cure. Sampling before you know it...

48 hours and that cola is 1 oz. still lotsa weight to be lost.

it's gonna be sad to see the weight dwindle lol.
I just started adding the dry kool bloom 1.25g / 4 gal on sunday. was gonna give them that until flush. hoping that gives them a little weight before the end.

Day 1 of week 9 of flower and 1 of the 4 plants has very few amber crystals. the other 3 look like they're just starting on clouding up. shame on the 1 being so close to done as i really wanted it to fill out a little more first, but she was a bag seed and i'm pretty happy she's turning out the way she is. gonna continue the ripening feed for a week then should be able to start the flush.
I know there's debate on the flush but the way i see it, there's tons of nutes locked away in that coco and i want to reuse the coco so i feel like it'll help with reconditioning it.

The buds are as hard as rock

Few thoughts.

If i would have known what i know now when i started this grow i'm sure it'd be much better. so excited for the next one.

SMALLER POTS FFS... lol 10 gal bags turned out to be way too big. I learned that many people flower in coco using 3 or 5 gal bags. gonna try 5 gal bags next grow, have 6 of them.

The LED lights seem to have done a fine job so i'm pretty happy with that.

Defol has to be a focus for me for next round. also some kind of drip system when i've decided how many to flower at once. thinking 6 is good for a 5x5 tent.

still so much to learn and become comfortable with, But i have decided to stick with 100% coco grows until i've mastered coco. then i might try another medium like hydroponics rdwc.

Just to note. Super cropping is amazing if a plant gets out of hand. I did it many times and even well into flower and it doesn't seem to slow the plants at all. it's like they don't even know you did anything to them.

Fantastic looking crop you got Remy! I was thinking just what you said about the coco. But why flush when your plants are still flowering? Wait till they're done and then flush while/ if you clean the root fibers out. At this point I don't know if it matters though. Your Stoked!

Fantastic looking crop you got Remy! I was thinking just what you said about the coco. But why flush when your plants are still flowering? Wait till they're done and then flush while/ if you clean the root fibers out. At this point I don't know if it matters though. Your Stoked!

Thanks, Mon! Yeah it does matter for sure. i don't want to cut the too early, but i think i have to do 1 of them pretty soon. but this is a stressful time trying to learn when it's done, and to be able to recognize all the signs.
also my defol issue has shown it's face and now i have a couple that seem to need an extra week of light in the middles, the buds on top are mature and on track from what i can see but when i spread them apart i see lots of very green bud still developing. not sure if i should do "selective harvest" or not.

Hi Remy.

My how they've grown. It looks like you are doing quite well for yourself.

I am in the no flush club. I ran the same strain twice. The one I didn't flush actually dried, cured and tasted better. I get nice white ash and a smooth toke.

They are doing all of their fattening up during that time. Why put them on a diet? I don't flush any other plant I consume. I respect your decision to do what's right for you though.
Some swear by flushing.

Hope you are having a great day and are doing well.

Hi Remy.

My how they've grown. It looks like you are doing quite well for yourself.

I am in the no flush club. I ran the same strain twice. The one I didn't flush actually dried, cured and tasted better. I get nice white ash and a smooth toke.

They are doing all of their fattening up during that time. Why put them on a diet? I don't flush any other plant I consume. I respect your decision to do what's right for you though.
Some swear by flushing.

Hope you are having a great day and are doing well.

Thanks V!, I actually think for the sake of easy, i'm not gonna flush this time. they are 4 different strains, in my first grow and i'm not sure exactly what they are LOL.

So i think you just saved me a huge headache right now because i was gonna try flush but it makes more sense not to. at least for this grow.

I'll dry and cure properly and hope for some smooth smoke. I honestly don't care, it's just for me and i'll smoke almost anything if it's pot lol. one of the reasons i'm also not worried to let it run a little long if it will give me more bud.

Have you read the no flush thread? Give it a quick skim.

It made sense in my mind. It's up to you to make the call ultimately.

Have you read the no flush thread? Give it a quick skim.

It made sense in my mind. It's up to you to make the call ultimately.

Yeah i read a bit, but it only left me on the fence lol. I'm happy not to do it and enough people say if you cure well enough there's no issue.

I have a room with a ceiling fan that i'm gonna dry in. or want to dry in anyway. i've had a monitor in it all week and the temps stay between 60 and 60f humidity is super low but my small humidifier was able to get it to 50%. I think this is the right zone for a good dry.

so now to do a bunch of reading to make sure i know how to dry properly , temps and humidity levels are important as well as air flow. not much different than growing it lol.
and assuming the room should be pretty dark.

Nice job Remy, plants look great. I don’t flush anymore, I’ve tried it both ways and I can’t tell a difference and the way I see it is I want to harvest a healthy plant not one with deficiency’s and all yellowed out. That’s just my opinion on it, keep up the good work.✌️

Thanks Buddy!
I'm feeling like at this point in the grow it doesn't even matter if i flush or not. they haven't grown at all for about a week, just waiting for the crystals to mature a bit more. But i did keep feeding like regular.
I plan to start chopping on Saturday evening. I did a little test dry, they were some of the skraggely stuff at the bottom and took 5 days to dry enough for me to smoke some today. IT"S GOOD!! lol
i can't wait to try the real buds after they're cured. I'm so excited to be smoking my own.

when you dry do you put a dim light in the room? says to do that in this article. but it doesn't say why or anything else about it.

Back
Top Bottom